It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for the EU?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Like domino's one by one they're teetering over the edge. Economies in the EU are going bust and the continent's continuing problem with the aging population is taking its toll. The last major poll saw less than 50% favored the EU, a 9 year low.

As we speak:

Ireland has been given a 24 hour ultimatum, to accept the bailout or to become the diseased half brother of the EU, kept in a cage away from everyone else.

We know that domino #1 (Greece) has already fallen, but the deficit that was announced following the first 110 billion (euro) bailout for Greece had a deficit which was much higher than reality. The Greeks are raging at the Germans as they propose even tougher austerity measures to combat a worsening situation.

As domino #2 (Ireland) is set to accept or decline the bailout money any minute, we are already witnessing the collapse of domino #3, Portugal. The Portuguese Finance Minister already admitted that they will need to request a bailout if the situation gets worse.

Following the third domino that is Portugal, domino #4, Spain, which neighbors Portugal will feel the after effects of a crippled Portuguese economy once the bailout is accepted. Spain will be forced to concede as well.

Many are labeling the 20th of October of this year as the day that the EU started dying. The financial woes, combined with the re-emergence of nationalism throughout the old continent is not a good mix, this is exactly how fascism arose 70 years earlier.

There is no end in sight to a worsening problem, are we witnessing the end of the EU?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I don't believe it's the end, just the end of it as we knew of it. In order to further consolidate power,TPTB need to tighten it's control of the EU through the IMF and the One World Bank. Control the money and you control the countries.

Just a guess, of course. I could be wrong. But then again...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wasn't there a prediction thread not too long ago regarding an economic collapse on the 20th of October, 2010?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It will be the end of the EU as we know it, that is almost certain... With the British/French military treaty we are seeing the start of an EU army with nuclear teeth, and with Ireland being pushed to cede more authority to Brussels we are seeing the beginning of the end of sovereign nations in Europe [again] As yet another incarnation of the Roman Empire rises, which if previous incarnations is anything to go by will cause the world equal amounts of pain.
edit on 16/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
They'll just be bailed out. They'll be given no choice but to accept it. Then things will continue as they have been for the past decade. Nothing is going to change. If the economy was going to crash globally, it would have by now. I'm getting so tired of reading economic doom and gloom. I keep thinking that this month the economy is going to crash and it will be huge..... The that month comes and goes and here we are, still screaming economic doom. You'd think we would have learned by now that debt doesn't exist. Debt is just an illusion, just like money is only paper. When the numbers are so high we can't even comprehend the ammount, we just add an even bigger number to that, and its even more incomprehensible. And around we go, the EU has been doing this dance for a while, and the global economy has been on the brink of a crash for the past 20 years, so theres no point in even worrying about this. Money is paper, money is worthless. But we use it like we would in a monopoly game. It's all play. The rich will never let the system fail. And if they did, we all go down with the ship. It's the end of the world. It's free for all. Can anyone really see it coming down to that?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You have any more thoughts, links info on correlations between the Roman Empire and the EU?? Its something that has interested me a lot and I've tried to follow...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is what will occur time and time again when you try to install and appoint a supranational entity in charge thus making it that much easier to collapse the whole system at once.

I hope the EU falls and all of it's member nation finally decide enough is enough of the threats and being forced to bail out the banks here.

I hope more nations and people are paying attention to what is going on because if you do not do what TPTB want your nation is next to collapse.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I thought it was a warning since since the British/French treaty was signed on the anniversary of the Russia/China treaty. Quite a disturbing celebration.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let's hope it's the end of the NWO's abomination of freedom known as the EU. Good riddance to a monstrosity that could spell the end for liberty for all the freedom loving people of Europe.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a bit off topic but I really need to ask this question. Has anyone else noticed US Military personnel and families being relocated and or transferring to the EU recently? Most can’t talk about the recent drills. I’m not sure if the US is in imminent danger or an odd coincidence but leaving for the EU under these circumstances is concerning. There is so much going on there lately.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think what we are witnessing overall is the slow painful end to our current economic paradigm. The way that most economies in the modern world work currently involve debt based money creation and a consumption cycle that needs regularly recurring infusions of debt to keep the world economy moving. Several factors have begun to unravel this paradigm. One of the main failings of the current model that you see being addressed is the fact that we are fast approaching a point globally where there isn't enough money in the system to pay the interest on the debt owed on a sovereign level. I think that is why interest rates in western economies have been held soo low.

Another problem that I don't think most people are aware of is that our current economic paradigm is not equipped to deal with the rapid technological changes we are seeing. New technological capabilities are wreaking havoc on our employment market. New technologies in some areas are replacing the need for human labor. In other areas rapidly advancing technologies are creating jobs we haven't had time to train people for yet.

It is in my opinion that we are probably already in a situation, (and have been for a long time) where we don't need the entire human race to work to provide for the entire human race. This is a thought I have trouble explaining. You see in our current economic system, one must work a 40 hour a week job and most of the time be in a relationship with someone else working a 40 hour a week job in order to maintain the necessities of life such as food, clothing, and shelter. The problem we are facing, is that thanks to technological advance... our world doesn't need every human on it working a 40 hour a week job. Our economy is not equipped to deal with a scenario where labor is no longer required.

Imagine if you will the transition from historical farming methods and hunter gatherer societies to modern agriculture. We went from a situation and an economy where every member of a tribe or society had to either be involved in food production or food acquisition for the society to survive to a situation where only something like 2 percent of the world population is responsible for the food production of the entire planet. Now imagine if rather than allowing humanity to branch off into other specialties like entertainment and manufacturing the governments at that time, in order to maintain the status quo, forced everyone to keep farming and hunter gathering even though all of the needed food could be provided by a small percentage of the population.

What I think we are seeing today is that technology is completely replacing the need for human labor in many many fields. What the governments of the world are doing, is trying to maintain the status quo. Instead of changing the economic model to fit the new reality, they are trying to keep the broken system in place. You can already see that the majority of jobs are useless. Millions of people all of the world, if they can even find a job, work 40 hours a week in a useless job that could most likely be better performed by a machine.

I am sorry if this turned into a bit of a rant... i had only meant to reply with a paragraph.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I personally don't think it's the end, I think it is going exactly as planned. Those countries which question the EU are in crisis.

This type of thing will only further the power of the EU..."you're with us or your in poverty".

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good ridance to this piece of S%*T. It has been draining the Britsh people of what little rights we have left. Gordon Brown took us into this disaster without a vote!!! In a so called democracy!!! The people should have revolted at this but once again sat on their backsides. The Irish voted against it but where told to THINK AGAIN? and we will give you another vote next year! Didnt the people all ready speak? Apparently the exit polls in Ireland had a healthy majority for the no's but all of the votes where taken to a police station to protect them from possible tampering .................LOL. When they where returned amazingly the vote was YES! We are now finaly begining to act like the sheep they want us to be, as scrooge would now say " Blah Humbug!"

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
800 years we fought for our freedom here in ireland and now were gona give the power over to the eu without a bullet bein shot. its a disgrace as a proud irish man im sorry to say we are f***ed. a country run by cowboys. the tiger is dead..... tiochaigh ar la

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just posted in the other thread.

Stuff the lot of em. Borrowed too much, spent it, fu**ed now.

Weve poured millions in with little return.

Lets just scrap the EU and have done with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
thats great advice...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

There is no end in sight to a worsening problem, are we witnessing the end of the EU?

Well, it sounds as if you favor the EU. I personally do not. Humans are not very good at managing democracy in big huge spread out continent sized unions. It becomes democracy in name only, much like in the US. The wishes of the people are not carried out, manipulation of the media and information allow much more monkey business by the wealthy and powerful. However, whatever you all vote for, its your Continent.

I personally dont know. If it were America, trying to get out of a decade old NAU, I would say it would never happen. Americans are far too disconnected from each other, from democracy, and from any real tie to our Constitution. But Europeans are more politically and socially active. They might actually have the energy and will to break out of the trap they got themselves into before they lose their identity and their solidarity and become a nameless faceless mass of Blah like Americans are.

Personally, I hope they do. It would be much easier for citizens of small countries to make sure their governments represent them that it will be for them to have a voice in the EU. They are going to face a long hard fight though. The big economic interests want to dilute democracy with Huge mega-unions. It worked so well in the US and China, and the USSR, they want to get everyone on board. They wont let their EU go without a serious fight.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As stated in some of the above posts I belive this is all going to plan as far as the Eu is concerned. The "EU" we were sold was just a nice shiney thing to exite the general population. I mean no disrespect to any nation or nationality but did they really belive it would work for them? Most Eu countries are for want of a better word "poor"
they have spent most of there history struggling to survive and fend off attacks from bigger neighbours. They have been used and abused and if they truly belived that this would change is laughable. The english spent hundreds of years trying to take control of Ireland and failed over and over again. The Eu suckered them and will end up with total control without firing a single shot.

The same goes for Greece, Portugal and the rest.

The Uk, France and Germany. Thats what the Eu really wants to be, with lots of good little countries in there pockets doing all the # jobs and begging for scraps at the dinner table.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
the familiar. execellent post i agree 100%. there was a tread a few days ago waitn for the anounsment of nasa statement and everyone said were doomed. thats the way the irish feel 2nite. im personly lookin for work in the states as we speek im out of ere just like my family before me...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

First EU will start loosing members, then NATO.

That is because US is in decline, and Russia will push back to gain influence of the previous lost states.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join