It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - my apoligies to your countries on behalf of our US criminal govt. PLEASE DO

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

MODS Why are my post being removed? can someone please explain. because I cannot find some of my posts?

Thanks,
I think...

Maybe not.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Jay-morris

Hello in there! Tap, tap, tap.

How do you suppose your war with Germany would have played out without us?

Your country would have starved to death, then Hitler's minions would have walked right in without a shot being fired.
More than likely, your country would have sued for peace, and welcomed the Nazis when they came in and fed you.

Have you ever seen the pictures of the Nazis rolling and marching into Paris? They were greeted with smiles, flowers and bottles of wine. Cheered, they were. Do you remember that the French soldiers declined evacuation from Dunkirk, all because the boats offered were too small or undignified for their tastes. Good thing they were helping you out there in the war, eh?

I get it quite well. Do you think that all those bombs that were dropped at night by your Lancaster bombers were filled with British explosives? You didn't have the raw materials to defend yourselves, much less actually carry the war to the Germans.

BTW: Where was your grand nation when Hitler annexed Czechoslovakia?

OOOOH, that's right, your Prime Minister brokered the deal and proclaimed, "peace for our time".

Munich Agreement

edit on 18-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

How do you think the war would have played out without England (had the best airforce in the world) and Russia? Do you think that the mighty usa woould have defeated germeny without the help of russia and the UK? If you think this, then you are delusional. WW2 was a huge effort from not just one country.

England would have never given up, in fact, thats why hitler stopped the bombings on the uk because of our stuburn resistance.The sad fact is this. You are so wrapped up in this American patriotism, which i find creepy to be honest. While me, i look at world war two, and im thankful for all the countries who had a hand in defeating germany and japan.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Sorry I found them I think... Sometimes I put a post in on page lets say 4 and them when I got back to see if anyone commented my post appears to have been moved.

I think....

Thanks again. If something was removed because of content I will like to know so I can tread lightly and not jump on the ice. Does the NSA have the ability to acees and clean YES....

Thanks again,
Mr Black

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

[Go stick your nose in a book and learn something.

With your inviting tone and decorum I'm sure that he will
do as you've asked while he skips down to street towards the library with
a happy smile along the way...

Butcherguy needs to learn how to be humbleguy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Hello in there! Tap, tap, tap.

How do you suppose your war with Germany would have played out without us?

Your country would have starved to death, then Hitler's minions would have walked right in without a shot being fired.
More than likely, your country would have sued for peace, and welcomed the Nazis when they came in and fed you.

Have you ever seen the pictures of the Nazis rolling and marching into Paris? They were greeted with smiles, flowers and bottles of wine. Cheered, they were. Do you remember that the French soldiers declined evacuation from Dunkirk, all because the boats offered were too small or undignified for their tastes. Good thing they were helping you out there in the war, eh?

I get it quite well. Do you think that all those bombs that were dropped at night by your Lancaster bombers were filled with British explosives? You didn't have the raw materials to defend yourselves, much less actually carry the war to the Germans.

BTW: Where was your grand nation when Hitler annexed Czechoslovakia?

OOOOH, that's right, your Prime Minister brokered the deal and proclaimed, "peace for our time".

Munich Agreement

How do you think the war would have played out without England (had the best airforce in the world) and Russia? Do you think that the mighty usa woould have defeated germeny without the help of russia and the UK? If you think this, then you are delusional. WW2 was a huge effort from not just one country.

England would have never given up, in fact, thats why hitler stopped the bombings on the uk because of our stuburn resistance.The sad fact is this. You are so wrapped up in this American patriotism, which i find creepy to be honest. While me, i look at world war two, and im thankful for all the countries who had a hand in defeating germany and japan.

He IS delusional, and i honestly think he believes the USA singlehandedly won the war and didnt need the help of anyone. In fact, the US realized their own existance was in peril after the attack on Pearl Harbor, and only entered the war after.

He is also mistaken when he claims that Britain was uselss due to the appeasment that Prime Minsiter Chamberlain offered to the Nazis. Chamberlain was a tool, i agree, but Winston Churchill, who took over after Chamberlain was IMO the most important figure on the Allied side. His firey speeches, (We will fight them in the sky.........), and indomitable will galzanized the British forces under his command.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Kinda bypassed that question about Czechoslovakia, didn't you?

Europe had Germany right where they should have been after the Treaty of Versailles. Then along came Adolph Hitler and they left him have everything that he wanted including several countries and trampling the Treaty of Versailles into the ground.

They helped him do it with the Munich Agreement and left him rebuild his military forces that were emasculated by the Treaty of Versailles.

I guess they reaped what they had sown. The thing is, the US got to reap it too. Here is how much.

COST OF WAR

$288,000,000,000 — cost to U.S.
$212,336,000,000 — cost to Germany
$111,272,000,000 — cost to France
$93,012,000,000 — cost to Soviet Union
$49,786,000,000 — cost to Britain
$41,272,000,000 — cost to Japan
$1,600,000,000,000 — direct economic costs of WWII

Source

Yes, that's right, the US didn't turn the tide of the war. The UK did.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I completely grasp what you are saying here Rocky I really do.
We are (as Americans) much better off than most if not all Countries (namely China)
China can be a vicious place to live (as can the U.S.)

Have you ever lived in a project housing community (in the U.S.)
If so where and when? I know I did and the cops were the last thing on my mind.

What I fail to grasp, however is your tacit agreements that the U.S.
(because it is so much better than other Countries)
-should be able to enact unlawful legislation, and then extract/abrogate our rights
and freedoms simply because they can or because:

-China is infinitely worse, I will pay and get raped in the A so I can continue watching DirecTV
-The world is can be a harsh place, so thankfully I'm an American.

America isn't the land of the Free (anymore)
I don't need to read up on radical Conspiracy Theories and so called tin foil hat documentaries
to learn the basic fundamentals of what our fore fathers felt on Freedom, rights and
the right to privacy which are readily found anywhere on U.S. soil.

America was the home of the brave but that moniker
has been replaced with the home of the apathetic and comfortably numb.

(Hint: if this offends you then it is true)
edit on 18-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Europe had Germany right where they should have been after the Treaty of Versailles. Then along came Adolph Hitler and they left him have everything that he wanted including several countries and trampling the Treaty of Versailles into the ground.

They helped him do it with the Munich Agreement and left him rebuild his military forces that were emasculated by the Treaty of Versailles.

I guess they reaped what they had sown. The thing is, the US got to reap it too. Here is how much.

COST OF WAR

Source

Right. Because money is what its about.

Ill defend the USA over Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and their ilk any day of the week, but its Americans like you who make others from other countries view you all as self-important asses.

Lives are whats important, and you cannot put a value on a life.

The real story:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a list of the losses for the Allies. Note Soviet Unions 8 million plus, Britains 580,000 and USAs 318,000.

Id love to see you rationalize how the Americans saved the Russians asses to a father or mother of a Russian troop killed in the war.

Yeah, money is everything.
edit on 18-11-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

[Go stick your nose in a book and learn something.

With your inviting tone and decorum I'm sure that he will
do as you've asked while he skips down to street towards the library with
a happy smile along the way...

Butcherguy needs to learn how to be humbleguy.
Yes, just me.
I normally am.
Here is the post that fired me up.

Everytime AmErICa is broke they start a war, who is next on your hitlist USA???? One country under God my ass, If it was that way then your crap nation would not have the death penalty. God: Which part of thou shalt not kill do you not understand USA: Kill em all including children & say its a price of war .. Phuck America but thanks mate for showing us not all of you are this way ....

You may note that the last sentence in that post starts off with a word that is a violation of the board T&C's.

You should keep backing that up.

Read the facts. Look at numbers as in how many ships the US launched in the war, how many planes we built and how many tons of material we shipped during the war. Those were American men, women and children that were working and sacrificing to make it happen.

I have been told that America took too long to become involved in the war. But what about this?......

Everytime AmErICa is broke they start a war, who is next on your hitlist USA????

I take offense to the _ _ _ _ _ America statement, I have given my reason why.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

COST OF WAR

Source

My god! you are not listening! I am saying that the war was not won by America, but all countries involved in the war. You can't even admit this!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

So you are fully behind this statement???

From Burgo:

Phuck America but thanks mate for showing us not all of you are this way ....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So you are fully behind this statement???

From Burgo:

Phuck America but thanks mate for showing us not all of you are this way ....

Huh? I am usually one of the biggest USA defenders on here. I suggest you read some of my other posts. Your arrogance simply put me off. The USA did not win the war singlehandedly and would have lost without the help of either Russia or Britian. Grow up.

Please, scroll up a couple posts too and see my post about the lives lost in the war. To you its all about money, to most it was about the good people who lost their lives in the war.
edit on 18-11-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And to those who are fond of bringing up the fact that the US did not enter the war until after Pearl Harbor....

You do realize that we could have just went ahead and executed the Pacific war in much less time instead of putting the majority of our men, equipment and resources into the European theater.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You may note that the last sentence in that post starts off with a word that is a violation of the board T&C's.
You should keep backing that up.

Of course I don't condone this! Thanks for posting that, I didn't see it-I completely missed it.
While I do understand your feelings, your tone escalates this discussion which quickly turns
into ad hominem debate which then sucks for the rest of the members, my only point on that.
There's no excuse for that poster to use that word, nor the manner in which it was used.

Originally posted by butcherguyRead the facts. Look at numbers as in how many ships the US launched in the war, how many planes we built and how many tons of material we shipped during the war. Those were American men, women and children that were working and sacrificing to make it happen.

I would never argue your vast research on the subject matter.
I just feel it would level the playing field of discussion if we curbed and diverted our emotional
based responses to the actual facts, of which you've posted many.

Originally posted by butcherguyI take offense to the _ _ _ _ _ America statement, I have given my reason why.

Understandably so.
It's apparent this person is angry at the U.S. and I also understand that.
However I don't condone his poor choice in words nor his histrionic manner of posting
when I'm more than certain his Country has committed crimes their embarrassed of.

My tiny bit of advice:
Don't reciprocate the tone with more of it just because an angry person
cannot control their irrational posts and lack of emotional control.

I am not happy with the Gov't choices...
but to say _ _ _ _ America doesn't mean anything nor does it represent my feelings.

It's the office that needs change.
Who better than to administer this change than the will of the people these
so called *public servants* operate under?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Thanks for the post, it was a good one.

I have tried to keep my posts on the facts of the matter.

I hate to say it, but it is my belief that, at the end of World War Two, The United States could have beaten any country left on Earth militarily. We did no such thing, and I am glad for that! I said that the US turned the tide of the war, and I will stand behind that statement.

Rant finished, please excuse me.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm going to post this reply in both rival threads.

Emotions are running high on both sides of the topic.

NO!

Nobody has the right to apologize for me for my actions, thinking and beliefs. suffice it to say if someone is going to write a thread and just slam the US for it's deeds without a proper rebuttal then so be it. Recognize it for what it is a US SLAM-FEST. Meanwhile a proper thread would not have posted scenarios out of context.

YES!

I too see things the US has done wrong that needs to be addressed. This however doesn't mean that we are the only ones nor does it mean that Americans are ignoring the truths.

These threads have deteriorated into a giant game of

HE SAID, SHE SAID. WHO STRUCK PAUL?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Chinesis

Thanks for the post, it was a good one.

I have tried to keep my posts on the facts of the matter.

I hate to say it, but it is my belief that, at the end of World War Two, The United States could have beaten any country left on Earth militarily. We did no such thing, and I am glad for that! I said that the US turned the tide of the war, and I will stand behind that statement.

Rant finished, please excuse me.

Whats the point of that statement? Who cares if they could? My dick is bigger than your dick?

I doubt they could have taken the Soviets with their millions of mobilized troops, the only thing that help Stalin back from his drive Westward was the bomb. I dont think the US would have had enough bombs to stop thew drive, but who knows? Does it matter?

The point is, the USA did not win World War 2 alone. They couldnt have, and if you honestly do believe they could have held both the western and eastern fronts in check as well as stop the Japanese in the Pacific you ARE delusional.

You go on and on about the money the USA poured into the fight, but nothing about the lives lost. Hell, i think Canada lost more troops than the USA. Britain lost more, and Russian lost some 24 times as many brave souls.

To you its all about the money, to the rest of the world its all about the brave souls lost.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Emotions are running high on both sides of the topic.

And why do you suppose this is?
An emotional based point of view...does it serve any good?

Originally posted by SLAYER69Nobody has the right to apologize for me for my actions, thinking and beliefs. suffice it to say if someone is going to write a thread and just slam the US for it's deeds without a proper rebuttal then so be it. Recognize it for what it is a US SLAM-FEST. Meanwhile a proper thread would not have posted scenarios out of context.

Why do you take it so personal?
(you just stated emotions are running high right?)

The fact is most people (including you) do not have the ability to discuss
such a so called emotional topic because YOU yourself=emotionally compromised.

A U.S. SLAM-FEST?
Not in my posts.
If you feel this way then you might have reading comp issues as well that need addressing.

Originally posted by SLAYER69I too see things the US has done wrong that needs to be addressed. This however doesn't mean that we are the only ones nor does it mean that Americans are ignoring the truths.
The fact you just stated this doesn't also mean
that since other nations have done wrong..this somehow gets the U.S. off the hook
and off of the hot seat because China is worse to its people=irrelevant.

People can think whatever they like, it's the true inherent benefit of freedom.
People CANNOT do whatever they like. It's the very fabric of self control and discipline.

You show me a person's actions and I will show you their intent. -It is as simple as that.
A person's words (which create their point of view/manifestation of thoughts fall under this category.

...The source of discussion.

Expectations not being met -Or- emotion based opinions=name calling.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

No worries and thanks for that post

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Whats the point of that statement? Who cares if they could? My dick is bigger than your dick?
Not at all, I made it very clear. It is my belief. I believe that my statement is backed up by fact. I also said that the US did not do that, and that I was glad for that. So you don't need to try and put words in my mouth, I was clear enough.

You should know that natural resources, a strong workforce and industry win wars along with fighting men and women. With a population of 131,000,000 people at the time, the US had plenty more people to send to fight had we needed to.

Hell, i think Canada lost more troops than the USA.

Re: This quote, I should wonder who is deluded.

Check the link, Canada lost 60,000 men in WWI, 45,000 in World War II. In some peoples minds, 45,000 is more than 233,000...whatever.

Abou t Canada

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join