It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - my apoligies to your countries on behalf of our US criminal govt. PLEASE DO

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by nightbringr

Whats the point of that statement? Who cares if they could? My dick is bigger than your dick?
Not at all, I made it very clear. It is my belief. I believe that my statement is backed up by fact. I also said that the US did not do that, and that I was glad for that. So you don't need to try and put words in my mouth, I was clear enough.

You should know that natural resources, a strong workforce and industry win wars along with fighting men and women. With a population of 131,000,000 people at the time, the US had plenty more people to send to fight had we needed to.

Hell, i think Canada lost more troops than the USA.

Re: This quote, I should wonder who is deluded.

Check the link, Canada lost 60,000 men in WWI, 45,000 in World War II. In some peoples minds, 45,000 is more than 233,000...whatever.

Abou t Canada

edit on 18-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Lol, whatever. I was just throwing that out there because of your insistance on looking at everything in monetary terms, when in fact its the lives lost that are important. If we look at it in a per capita view, Canada had about 1/10th the population of the USA at that time, so, if we multiply our casualties by 10 what do we come up with?

Anyways, im going to stop, somehow ive gotten into a pissing match i didnt want. Adios amigo!

edit on 18-11-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
To both butcherguy and nightbringr:

Canada and the US both contributed, what I would consider, almost identical resoucres to both wars.

If you break everything down by the numbers, the contributions (per capita) are so close it's almost ridiculous.

Canada does edge out the US on percentage of population killed, but we were in the war longer due to our allegience to Britain.

Be happy we won, and leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Same here.

Peace be with you, friend.
A star for a pleasant goodby.

edit on 18-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Agreed.
Star on your post.
I am done kicking the horse, it seems dead.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

If a politician that I voted for is elected, then I'm responsible. If I didn't vote, well, silence gives consent and I'm indirectly responsible. But I'm not responsible if I voted for someone else.

A democracy basically means that the majority gets to take the minority for a ride when it comes to elected officials. Holding the minority responsible for the behavior of the majority is ridiculous.

My main idea is basically that I'm not responsible for the stupidity of other people, particularly when most of the people voting in the jerks are my elders.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Whaa Whaa Whaa
I'm so sick and tired of the whole US is evil and we kill everyone across the globe, LIARS. Just stop lying. Every single freakin civilization has commited crimes against other nations through out history, and because we were attacked in Pearl Harbor and in NY and we go to defend and conquer those responsible, were killing innocents and children all over the globe. BS
Some of you need to learn more than what you read on hate group websites which are usually a lot of lies and distortions like this one. Try reading real historial documents that aren't made up on the internet, perhaps you can google where the local library is.
China has more human rights violations in a month than we have in a year and despite their new wealth, many of their poor people are staving to death and others being left to die in mines, so what's to apologize and grovel about.
China can't be dumb enough to start a war, because if they do, it will destroy the whole world and we all lose.
I just wish the US would stop helping other countries so they could see how much we really do to help. All those that hate us now would soon be screaming for our help if there were another Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, or Mao.
Rant end.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Whaa Whaa Whaa
I'm so sick and tired of the whole US is evil and we kill everyone across the globe, LIARS. Just stop lying.
Most of the Americans who would respond are busy on their video game consoles
or are too busy updating their facebook posts or eating the McRib to be able to comment.

It also sounds like you're the one who needs the Whaaambulance here

Originally posted by sickofitall2012Some of you need to learn more than what you read on hate group websites which are usually a lot of lies and distortions like this one. Try reading real historial documents that aren't made up on the internet, perhaps you can google where the local library is.

Please tell me where you learned your American History?
Ironic you don't even know what His-story means.

Where do you get your news from?
CNN? MSNBC?
Didn't you know ALL syndicated news outlets come from the SAME source?

Why don't you google the Constitution, then figure out why either person you voted
for hasn't a clue what this documents stands for let alone Obama who doesn't even uphold
the document he swore to protect and defend (as well as the American People)

Originally posted by sickofitall2012China has more human rights violations in a month than we have in a year and despite their new wealth, many of their poor people are staving to death and others being left to die in mines, so what's to apologize and grovel about.

There you go again, whining like an infant about another Country that is IRRELEVANT
concerning America and its horrid #ty policy for its own people.

You are precisely what the connotation: Typical American represents.
This is why our nation is completely screwed and won't be fixed.

Please: Get a clue, then google it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
wow... I wouldn't say sorry at all.. I'd say the OP is just a coward and guilty of treason.. and well all know were that leads.. and what he should get done to him.. lol.. any ways more to the point of this post.. we don't need to say sorry to any one.. I'm not going to say that we would bomb the hell out of who ever bombed us or any thing of the such.. it would be a war that would blast the entire world into the stone age again.. instead of directing his crying to ATS he should be writing his congressmen and going out and being active writing to papers raising awareness about the bad in our gov. and trying to change it on a local level and than moving up.. this doesn't work.. griping to the world and doing nothing is just words to people who don't care.. work on your own first than work on the world

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Freedom is no longer a way of life in the US.

The US government is slowly erasing your freedoms, under the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

ignorant comes to mind.

but that only means you don't have all the facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Vision 2010
reply to post by seagull

Freedom is relative. There is still far more of it here than in China.

Cheng Jianping, Twitter User, ARRESTED; Tweet Lands Activist 1 Year Labor Sentence

www.huffingtonpost.com...

1 year in a work camp because big brother didn't like the tweet. The article claims according to NPR, in China, you can get up to 4 years in a reeducation camp without a trial.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm sure happy I live in the US as compared to a 3rd world country or one ruled by a government that operates like the Chinese government, We seem to be getting closer to the liberty for security trade though, I mean look at the new COICA laws that are probably gonna pass

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I WOULD INCLUDE IRAN HERE!

WE do not want war with Iran either.

I agree with this and have wanted to write the same letter to the world.
I think "We the People" need HELP! Who can we call upon to aide us, the people?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth

I WOULD INCLUDE IRAN HERE!

WE do not want war with Iran either.

I agree with this and have wanted to write the same letter to the world.
I think "We the People" need HELP! Who can we call upon to aide us, the people?

Appologizing to Iran and China. You people who want to do this sound like Neville Chamberlin appoligizing to Nazi Germany before WW2.

Iran executes its own people for the crime of being gay or speaking out against the government, and their delusional president insists there are "no gays in Iran". Chinese people are not free to speak their mind. Hell, even Google is required to censor anything the government doesnt like.

These governenments are criminal far beyond the scope of anything the US has done, especially in concern to its own people.

So many people argue US citizens are not free (im Canadian), but i beg to differ. You can educate yourself, marry whomever you chose, your wife is not restricted by draconian, sexist laws. You can work the job of your choosing, worship any god you choose, and the only thing holding back people in the West is their own motivation or lack therof.

Im happy. I have a decent job, a wife i care about and live in a country not without flaws, but i certainly do not veiw myself as a slave to the state or what have you. I pay taxes yes, but these go towards infrastructure, social programs and defending our borders. I accept this all willingly and gratefully. Sure, politicians oftern screw us over, and do irresponsible or criminal things with our money, but thats life. Sometimes these people are caught, sometimes not. Im still happy and free.

Ive always wondered about people who are so miserable and constantly complain about their lot in life, then do nothing more about it than rant in chat rooms. Ive been unhappy in my past working jobs i did not like. Sure i complained, but i also did somthing about it and educated myself and got a job i enjoy. It was not easy, i worked 2 jobs i did not like and went to school at the same time, but i paid for it all myself and improved myself. The beauty of democracies and free societies is we can make of life whatever we want. The point is, i DID somthing about it. If i was so unhappy with my government, i would become politically active and do somthing about it. Why dont you?

Funny thing is, if your a female in Iran, this isnt an option. And of course as we all know, China has a one party government. No chance for significant change there without an uprising!

If you insist you arent free, do somthing about it. Become a politician and blow the lid off all these preceived injustices you rage and whine against. Its in your power to do it!
edit on 19-11-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Vision 2010

You know this first hand?
What part of the US are you living in?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Chinesis

ignorant comes to mind.

but that only means you don't have all the facts.

Please, expound upon your vastly enlightening post
and refute my post with more than 2 poorly constructed sentences...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I think it takes an awful lot of sand for anyone to suggest the US government is guilty of crimes (what these may be is left unstated) while implying the Chinese government is somehow above such things. The Chinese government is an obscenity. Approximately a third of the country would just as soon have no association with China and these people, the people of Tibet and Xinjiang, remain a part of China because of the threat of Chinese military authority. The Chinese government permitted substandard construction in Earthquake zones and it was lax enforcement of already weak consumer protections that led to poisoning of Americans and American animals by Chinese corporations. As near as I can tell China is neither a commercial ally nor friend of the United States and America would be well advised to do whatever it takes to disengage ourselves from commerce with the Chinese government. I have nothing but sympathy for the Chinese people most of whom have gained little benefit the present neo-fascist regime. Although I have little enthusiasm for the US government, if we compare it to China's, Americans have nothing with which to complain.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellyct1987

The grass is always greener on the other side I guess. I would have to guess that a majority of the people that think the USA is so bad have never been out of the country. Certainly they have never been to China or they would know that this statement is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
China would chop our head off if we bowed to them. Screw china and the rest of the world. We don't owe anyone an apology. NOT flagged and NOT starred

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZELDAR
China would chop our head off if we bowed to them. Screw china and the rest of the world. We don't owe anyone an apology. NOT flagged and NOT starred

Troll alert! If you don't have anything decent to say, then don't say it!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join