It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA smoking gun clear photo of structures on moon(direct link from their server)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I came across this photo a while back and I have shown a lot of people I know and no one can give an explanation other than "that looks like it shouldn't belong there" I figured I post it on here because I know there a lot of you that are pretty good at photo enhancing. I would like to see what some of you have to share. In my opinion there are a couple things I know.

1. This is no way someones attempt at photoshop since it is on NASA's own server.

2. In my opinion it clearly geometrical structures on the right of the larger building which has a dome and what looks like portholes.

3. Judging my the arc of the moon in the foreground, this thing is BIG!

Let me know what you guys think. Also, if you want to know how I stumbled on it, I manually put in numbers before the jpeg. For instance, this one is hrp76.jpg I works with many other numbers too and there are some with other anomalies but this one is the best. The odd thing I found is you go from, for example, 88 to 89 then 90 is not there then 91 is. My point is that some are unavailable.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmmm... very odd.

But I would like to say that it isn't necessarily an artificial structure. It could very well be naturally formed craters. Just look at the weird stuff our landforms make on planet Earth by themselves.

Who knows though, right?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Looks like a mound to me. A mound created around around a crater. The shadow due to lighting might give the effect of it being a structure. Just saying. I'm not passing this one as a photographic anomaly though.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Based on the link, I did a quick search and "SP-362" is a NASA publication.

APOLLO OVER THE MOON: A View From Orbit (Published in 1978)

I haven't gone through all the pictures / links yet to see determine the "explanation" or at least caption associated with the OP's original posting.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can somebody blow it up a bit and imbed it?That may be a help to some of us with punk equipment still....hehehe

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Awalltheone

I guess you are talking about the big item in the middle...
I presume it is quite large and judging by the shadow on the left, quite a bit of it appears to be off the ground..
Interesting if real..s&f to get some interest happening...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I haven't gone through all the pictures / links yet to see determine the "explanation" or at least caption associated with the OP's original posting.

Ok, ... here's the link to the page that links to the OP's original picture link ...
Figure 66

From the caption ...

FIGURE 66 [below].- Two of the younger lava flows described in figure 65 are here followed northeastward to their terminations (see arrows) near the center of Mare Imbrium. The narrowness of the flows is somewhat accentuated by the obliquity of this view. From the postulated fissure vent near Euler B [Greek letter beta] to the farthest terminal lobe is about 420 km. The mare ridge at A must have been nonexistent or at least much more subdued at the time the flow passed that point, otherwise the flow would have ponded behind the ridge. The spray of irregular craters in the center foreground was formed by material ejected from Copernicus, 460 km to the south.- G.G.S.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think it's nothing more than a lava dome.

The photo is of Mare Imbrium taken by Apollo 15.

www.geologyrocks.co.uk...

ser.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Here you go

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41f8cfe367c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What strikes me as unusual is the linear nature of the shadow of the object on the right.

Explanations?

And the objects, whatever they are, must be very big.
edit on 11.14.2010 by ItsTheQuestion because: I felt like it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I wasn't aware the moon had mountains or volcanoes? So what are those formations? They are huge.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Can somebody blow it up a bit and imbed it?That may be a help to some of us with punk equipment still....hehehe

Sure]

+28 more 
link   
The "building" is called Mons La Hire, located in Mare Imbrium
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0acd9791957b.jpg[/atsimg]

link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by stirling

Here you go

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41f8cfe367c8.jpg[/atsimg]

From the long shadows the sun appears very low..
Could just make the objects appear unusual...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Check out this one.. very strange... history.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sorry, but there's nothing to see here.

edit on 11/15/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What I like is all those sharp jagged peaks yet all the hills in Apollo pictures are all smooth and rounded

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LickDaCat
reply to post by prepared4truth

Check out this one.. very strange... history.nasa.gov...

I don't see anything strange on that one .. unless you're talking about the probe or antenna (presumably sticking out of the spacecraft) being in two places - due to the splicing of photographs.

PS: For clarification, what I mean by "spaceship" is what-ever NASA probeor orbiter took the pictures. IMH(f)O, they appear to be sticking out from the probe into the camera's field of view - not sticking UP from the moon.
edit on 2010-11-15 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Clarification of what I meant by "spaceship"

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

This is what I feel looks like geometric free-standing structures that resemble temples or buildings they are clearly rectangular.. doesn't look like lava to me

<<   2  3  4 >>

join