It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the past exist yet? Evidence suggests your past Isn't set in stone!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

That is an in-depth saying of what you don't understand. Unless... of course you are a qp scientist? I am only a physicist from the uk and this stuff still dumbfounds me, and I'd like to think I HAD an understanding of this stuff.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

Really interesting article. It reminds me of the one in Discover from August with the scientist who was talking about something similar and conducting an experiment with atoms. Very interesting.

Also, Jalis, do you have a link to that article by the monks? That sounds fascinating as well!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

Yup, I have a link there, to that article, gimme a few mins and I'll get it if I can. It's interesting.... but outside the scientific realm all the same.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

I recently read a book called (if I haven't already told you this before..) called "The Self Aware Universe" by a physicist by the name of Amit Goswami, who breathlessly proclaims, what appears to be a complete and wholeistic, and entirely valid, framework, which he calls Monistic Idealism, meaning consciousness is primary, with everything having arisen from consciousness, including our own consciousness, and so it appears with this article that now, we're begining to catch up with, or resonate with, ourselves in the future having created ourselves in the past, or I should say now resonating, with our creator, having been "made in the image of God" and emersed, in a timeless, spaceless domain of free will choice, arrising from FUTURE expectations, or the hope for things yet unseen (the true definition of faith) This is what it means to be reborn "from above", or from the infinite domain of all possibility, and there freely choosing to collapse the wave equation in observation, and here's the KEY - with no quantum paradoxes of any kind! This would suggest then, that our choosing self is choosing by accessing not the classical mind, the matter, the "goo" in your head, but via a non-localized, quantum holographic potentiality, from which the CHOICE is made, from the future or from a timeless domain of infinite or simultaneous time wherein anything is at least in theory, possible, provided it's in perfect congruent alignment with the will to love, and to create, and thus presumably, have fun! It cannot be any other way.

Does this mean "we" created the universe?

Hardly.

What it means is that we are now fast approaching, the eschaton at the end of time and history, which is no death at all! But a recognition, that we've inherited the kingdom of heaven, or the eternal domain of limitless possibility which resides in freedom, and creativity.

The joke then is on us, the kingdom of heaven IS NOW!

Imagination, is everything.
~ Einstein

Perhaps moreso than we could EVER imagine (our imagination), but that we are beginning to, nevertheless, even in spite of ourselves!

And so we're in a whole new ballgame then, according to Wheeler's delayed choice experiment.

Light. I have a theory about it. That another reason for the quantum paradoxes, maybe, is that there is only ONE non-locally distributed photon in the universe, since for a photon, there is no time, and everything is touching all at once...

No need to fear! Or die, all ye who believe, and recieve freely the living water (flow) of life!

I think It's a continual and eternal evolutionary recurrence of an ongoing process of differentiation and reintegration, so by my calcs (accessing the future), there could in theory still be some time left in which to be "divided", if WE so choose! My prayer, however, then, therefore, (said like Jesus, jk) is "let us not be divided, but celebrate our unity, in our diversity." It's a simple love, for our fellow man, or if we really want some causal formative historical torque where the rubber REALLY hits the road, our enemy, since our enemy in the future is also our enemy from the past who can always BECOME our friend again, as we all know, or as most have experienced, before. This again is the reason I thank God that I am a Christian. From my perspective, the "strong man" was bound long ago (born of a psychological flaw and misinterpretation of reality by the psche or the observer, by making strong judgements), so there's not a damn thing to worry about, whatsoever! An insurance policy, a gate is the Lord.

Our capcity for love then must grow by leaps and bounds, so that we will come to love just as we are loved (by our inclusion), and then function in the world as a cup overflowing in a very dark and seemingly twisted world. I then (putting on my Jesus regalia...) "have come from the future to bring you, very good news! Do not let your hearts be troubled, because it pleased the father (the first/last cause) to share his kingdom with ALL HIS CHILDREN! Then, or NOW, in a now self aware universe, experiencing "the shift" we then become what we were intended to be, by design, but what it is precisely we cannot yet QUITE know or realize with any degree of absolute certainty (Heisenberg) - we can ONLY imagine it, and then choose it for ourselves, and in so doing pick up TIME ITSELF as a creative tool, to the celebration of ANGELS in heaven!

There's nothing to it and Ghandi and Jesus and Buddha were right in their evalation of our true position and true nature.

First we see it, then grok it, and then, maybe at long last, we can become it once again, at the dawning of a new age of reason AND of spirit, of non-local quantum holophgraphic AND a differentiated classical universe, and it's the same thing for our minds, both classical and quantum holographic.

We can pick from the future, what we REALLY want then and I'm not refering here to some misguided interpretation of the movie "The Secret" here. There's more to this than that.

I think it really IS like a "great net", with all the boats of fishermen working together and shouting out, vigorously working for the catch of all ages, unable to contain their GLEE! the catch is so good today.

Talk about OPTIMISM to the nth degree!

Onward to the past from the future we march..

Very strange and very intesting indeed.

Thanks.

S&F
edit on 16-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
How does one observation dial all that change back, and what is the proposed hierarchy of causal adjustment authority in this quantum world where full life can be retroactively affected? Is it just the "aware observer" that holds this awesome power, with the common rabble being reinvented over and over again at the whim of this supreme puppet master?

Well, there is always the possibility that time is an illusion, and that all possible occurrences, all possible pasts, presents, futures, (as we would view them) all exist silmultaneously. So nothing is really changed, just different "lines" of causality are drawn depending where in that..........whatever you want to call that non linear totality..you happen to have your consciousness. It would make much more sense if the idea of linear time were abandoned.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The aarticle certainly makes you think, even if I didn't get all the technical garb. Anyway, I think it is a very interesting topic, but there is still more questions then answers here.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

There's got to be a very funny joke in here somewhere.. that's the only conclusion that I've been able to draw.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'd like to think that all of this is a joke too. But after reading it all, I'd asume that there is more to this than we understand... or CARE to understand. I know that's not what you were getting at... but what the hell anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Screw it I say, if there's an eschaton on my horizon, I'm going in, I will dive, and am already even now, feeling the back-action in time.., like a mushroom trip I once took in the future..!

Watch this, and re-read my post that I made (some see and see again and never see, or hear and hear again but never hear), and then perhaps you`ll begin to catch it, the joke, the magnificent beautiful joke on the other side of all our fears, about novelty.

There is nothing wrong I don`t think, with immamentizing the eschaton and arriving at the end of time, while still alive!

I`m just relieved to be arriving from the future, or the past or whenver, at THIS time, since this lifetime is the moment, and the one we`ve all been waiting for, from before the very foundations of the world, but it`s nothing inherently `scary` I do not believe, in the least!

This is a joke, but sure, it`s something personal and unuque to each and every one of us, which when we `get it` although it might cause us to cry at first, it will then wipe every tear from our eye at the same time.

The time is now, in an eternally unfolding present moment at a vantage point from which there is, no, time.

It`s crazy I know, but to me, what McKenna and these studies are telling us, among others, is something utterly extraordinary, something never before seen or experienced before (I`m starting to sound like McKenna).

So when I say there`s a joke in here somewhere, I am referring to something on the other side of the indignity of the injustices of life, on the other side of all our fears and deepest `concerns`, a final resolution to the paradox, re-framed or reappropriated somehow for a modern age, and an age to come, of which we cannot know or anticipate fully (only the father knows). But it`s coming.. something different something new.

It`s all good though, whatever the heck it is..! I am almost entirely certain.. no I AM CERTAIN. And it can`t NOT be any worse! That`s for certain!

I like the way the Jamaican Rasta Man describes it.

What it is mon, ire!

Just because we cannot prepare for it, doesn`t mean we can`t embrace it, at least for those of us who trust in God.

Whatever it is, it`s very loving. What I think of or like to call the re-enchantment of the cosmos (although I probably stole that from McKenna).

Everything`s going to be ok, that`s all I know for sure.

``No worries`` as they like to say here in lotusland BC.

Peace out man,

NAM

P.S. The joke btw, whatever it is, it at the expense of all of our faulty reasonings, about absolutely everything including the who what when where why and how.. (I`m starting to sound like Dr. Zeuss, maybe it`s time to take a rest now).
edit on 16-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (every reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And if Bush, Cheney and gang thought they could PREVENT it, by murdering 3000 of us and launching all out WAR, they were mistaken.

If the MSM think that they can lead us past it, so that we will miss it, they are mistaken, surely.

And if the sporting world thinks that they can hold us in the grip of a football game while the nexus traverses the earth and the whole cosmos, well I guess it depends on who`s playing..

But make no mistake that the invitation is in the mail even as we speak, it`s out there, circulating, and it`s inviting us to reconsider everything we think we know or knew about ourselves and just who and what we are and how we fit in, and unless i am mistaken, we are at the heart of it all, and the last will be first, the first last.

Some day, in the not too distant future, you may go out and suddenly discover to either your sheer pleasure, or utter terror, that there is no longer anywhere left to HIDE!

For some the`cosmic joke of all ages will not occur to them as being funny in the least, and their hearts will be hardened, and they will miss it.

When it comes, be prepared to leave everything behind and have no attachments, because whoever turns back will miss it.

It will bypass kings and queens, prime minsters and grand pubbahs, and extend itself to the starving in Africa, to the downtrodden, the outcast, the lonely, those who are mourne and those who pray.

Jesus will not come flying in on the clouds and scare the living CRAP out of everyone though, but there`s an image of something which will come not by expectation, but as a bottom up and top down phenomenona and from everywhere and all directions at once.

You and I will `get it` because we already have, or are in the process of, through various means, by SEEKING, we will find, knock and the door will be opened to us, and the lone individual will become the very fount of a new creation, and that is me, and you.

Even now the spirit is on the move, vacating churches, and the vatican in rome, and masonic temples, it doesn`t live there any more (not on the mountain OR in the temple).

Those who hear the voice will find the gate, through which there will be NEW PASTURE, and then will be free to freely come and go, and the new ground will be unconditional, the unconditioned ground of being at the end of time, animated by some sort of all pervasive awareness or spirit, cosmic consciousness, whatever.

The reason we`re all under so much stress and feel like we`re lost in the wrong world is because we ARE, we`re lost in a false paradigm and we know it, and we also know that there`s something better, even by an infinite degree, something imminently practical and which also makes perfect rational sense in the final analysis, since the Logos is like that.

But it simply CANNOT come without a sense of humour.

Therefore I say (unto you) that, there is a joke on our collective horizon, which will save the world, and it will be something novel, AND, something old made new again.

Let`s throw our nets out then in deep water and set to work on this thing, this great catch of all ages, for our truest self as we really are, is the fish that we`re after.

Our world, I am absolutely convinced is now enveloped by the love and God and the spirit, and we must remember, that God sent his only begotten son, not to condemn the world, or destroy it, but so that, through him the world might be saved.

Some people will understand me, and see what I`m saying as entirely reasonable, others will write of these rantings as those of a madman, or an utter fool.

So I guess it`s important to add - all those with ears to hear, let them hear, and leave it at that.

Sorry if I`ve somehow offended anyone`s sensibilities, but it`s a gateway of eternal life and freedom, as well as passage back into the garden of Eden, even while Bush does his book tour, and millions sit glued to their TV`s!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neutradol

That is an in-depth saying of what you don't understand. Unless... of course you are a qp scientist? I am only a physicist from the uk and this stuff still dumbfounds me, and I'd like to think I HAD an understanding of this stuff.

I don't have to be a qp scientist to know horsesh*t when I read it.

If you take this gunk seriously, then yes, it can seem extremely complicated. The same can be said for the myriad of Hindu gods and all their relationships and repsonsibilities. Scientology is a real convoluted mess if you try to unwind it all. Still, none of it is true or represents reality.

Physical reality is fairly uncomplicated (at the concept level) and is extraordinarily consistent. This notion that there is mystical incomprehensibleness at the quantum level is just the work of crass professional grant winners that know how to keep the money aimed at their departments. Want to see how simple debunking Time Travel is? I'll show you. I wrote this one-off blurb for my new site, and it can be used to take a dump on this re-orging the past nonsense as well. And it doesn't require a single formula. That's because formulas obey reality. They don't argue against the consistency of reality.

Time Travel?

It’s the 21st century, and still, no flying cars. But what about time travel? I can live without flying cars, but this century has to have more to offer than unlimited texting and the elimination of both the music and publishing industries. Time travel, isn’t it just an issue of problem solving?

I love the idea of time travel. I would love to be able to go back in time and fix mistakes I made, mistakes other people made, warn people about mistakes that were going to be made; just repair everything I can think of. I’d also copyright every Beatles song ever written and not spring lawyers on anyone until they became hits.

Okay, I’m not a good person, but I’d agree to split the royalties with John and Paul as long as they’d agree to keep quiet about everything and keep the gravy train rolling. I’m not a complete jerk.

In writing “Taking Down the Curtain”, what stood defiantly in front of me was the immutable nature of physical reality at the sub-structural level. For the most part, it was something to explore and appreciate, but sometimes it stood there like a buzz saw in a doorway that I desperately wanted to walk through. When this happened, there was never anything that I could do to make that buzz saw go away. Reality – especially unit-level reality – is what it is, and it doesn’t offer any breaks or accept any suggestions. After all, while I could’ve written whatever I wanted to about the true nature of reality, if I wanted to be honest and as accurate as possible, I couldn’t claim anything that reality would deny. If you go all the way down to the bricks on this subject, there’s no wiggle room. It’s all very disciplined at that level.

After a while, what became extremely clear was that the only thing that actually persists as real is information and the relationship between bits of information – one bit in context with the next bit. The other thing that became clear is that information comes into existence in only one manner – something happens, and that event becomes represented by information pertaining to it. The fact that A happened becomes information concerning A as an event. And that fact remains a fact, even though the relationship between that fact and everything else adjusts (“A is happening” becomes “A happened”), the fact of A as an event is an eternal true fact. It can never “not have happened”.

Everything else that exists as dynamic or representative rests on that extremely simple foundation. And yes, that includes every word that leaps from the mouth of God to do whatever it does. God’s mouth too, as well as the rest of Him. All information, in bits, bursts and contextual arrangements. And, of course God knows this. I’m not springing anything on God that isn’t old news.

So, what’s this got to do with time travel? Everything.

Time is the unit to unit progression of random and organized causation. Causal units, one on the heels of the last; each vanishing forever, as information concerning their existence lingers and provides for reality’s organizational consistency. We experience this progression as present and past, and imagine the future as if it already exists before it ever arrives. Of course, it doesn’t exist, even though our big brains have the capacity to calculate (to a certain degree of accuracy) a finite causal trajectory, and give ourselves goosebumps on those rare occasions when we actually get that trajectory’s impact location reasonably correct. Still, calculating a limited trajectory isn’t rocket science…it’s related, and NASA does it a lot, but it’s not rocket science in the strictest sense. In fact, baseball outfielders are really good at trajectory calculations. So are bowlers and golfers. Even outfielder, bowlers and golfers who stank the whole room out in math class.

Causal trajectories are a bit harder to calculate, and this is due to the many intersecting causal trajectories that litter the immediate futures of most people. This happens, which bumps that trajectory a little to the left, which causes it to intersect that other trajectory, which knocks them both off by just that much to prevent either from intersecting the events that awaited if those bumps and glancing blows never occurred. Truth is, those future events weren’t ever actually ahead, and the proof is that they never occurred. Like a golf ball flying toward the green – that quick wind gust wasn’t going to occur until it did, and that ball was never going to land where it didn’t land due to that gust pushing it off course. Or on course, as the ultimate lie of the ball suggests.

And as far as going back in time – unwinding all that causation, all that diversion of trajectory, all that assimilation of result within the informational infrastructure, all that destroyed reality – no, I’m sorry. Even if Einstein was right about slowing down time the faster you travel, reversing the impact of causation is not as simple as resetting the clock. If it happened, then it will always be a fact that it happened. The information can’t cease to exist. It can’t have never existed. It is the foundation of all that exists.

You can consider the past – even fully experience it as if you’re back there once again – through your brain’s generation of new information concerning past events, but that’s as good as it gets. Perception isn’t and never was reality.

Yes, it was a big letdown when I finally had to accept that time travel would never be possible, and that it has nothing to do with technology or the speed of light. It has to do with what everything that exists is composed of, and how everything that exists finds its way into existence. Causation and information, that’s all there is. And you just can’t screw with it at the unit level.

I wish I had better news for you.

edit on 11/16/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think they are just talking about housecleaning your astral from time to time. For example I've still got the Voynich Manuscript linked to Debbiewins.com and I don't know what I did with either one of them yet consciously.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by NorEaster
How does one observation dial all that change back, and what is the proposed hierarchy of causal adjustment authority in this quantum world where full life can be retroactively affected? Is it just the "aware observer" that holds this awesome power, with the common rabble being reinvented over and over again at the whim of this supreme puppet master?

Well, there is always the possibility that time is an illusion, and that all possible occurrences, all possible pasts, presents, futures, (as we would view them) all exist silmultaneously. So nothing is really changed, just different "lines" of causality are drawn depending where in that..........whatever you want to call that non linear totality..you happen to have your consciousness. It would make much more sense if the idea of linear time were abandoned.

There's a idea that Time is an illusion, but the eternal nature of a simple fact makes Time (the measure of one event unit following the one just before it) anything but an illusion. The perception of Time's passage can be altered, but Time itself is the before, now and after that exists whether you believe in it or not.

And in what way would one perception instant achieve delineation from another perception instant if there were no sequences of unit Time to single each instant from every other instant? How could communication between conscious entities be possible if Time did not exist, or was malleable to the extent that some of these qp blowhards suggest? A single sentence, or quick train of thoughts would have no capacity to form for lack of a before and after - just that simple pervasive concept as an immutable real - due to the anchor of causal unit Time losing its capacity to set the existential table for all things to share a relatable physical presence.

You have to think extremely simply when examining the most primitive aspects of reality. Time is as primitive and pervasive an aspect as there is. The single causal unit replaced by the next single causal unit. String enough of them together and you have a chain of event. And that chain of event lasts a certain length of time. It doesn't get any simpler that that, and it should never get any more convoluted than that.

If it does, then someone's lying and someone else is getting hoodwinked.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I say that we can still shape our future past history, as it unfolds through the present moment (all there is), by drawing from the realm of all possibility, creative and novel forms, which are helpful, and not hurtful. I believe that it's entirely in the realm of concievable, that our notion of an arrow of time, as well as a materilist monism, are faulty viewpoints or paradigms, which are in the final analysis, neither hefpful, nor formative or constructive. I do think it's "time" to develop a new concept of time and history and of causation. I also think it's one of the reasons we are so totally stressed out for the most part because we are living in a conceptual framework which isn't the least bit congruent with reality as it really is, trapped in a materialist monist arrow of time. Personally I think we can liberate ourselves from that reality, while remaining entirely committed to truth and reality as it really and truly is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I say that we can still shape our future past history, as it unfolds through the present moment (all there is), by drawing from the realm of all possibility, creative and novel forms, which are helpful, and not hurtful. I believe that it's entirely in the realm of concievable, that our notion of an arrow of time, as well as a materilist monism, are faulty viewpoints or paradigms, which are in the final analysis, neither hefpful, nor formative or constructive. I do think it's "time" to develop a new concept of time and history and of causation. I also think it's one of the reasons we are so totally stressed out for the most part because we are living in a conceptual framework which isn't the least bit congruent with reality as it really is, trapped in a materialist monist arrow of time. Personally I think we can liberate ourselves from that reality, while remaining entirely committed to truth and reality as it really and truly is.

The evidence suggests that the impact of change prevents such a possibility. I am going to buy this Biocentrism book, and see why it is that these two authors have decided to embrace such a notion. I suspect that they have included it in their overall TOE in an effort to mitigate any need to address the initial physical emergence (a genesis moment) by asserting that consciousness simply reconceived the existential past to allow for its own existence and primordial preeminence, and thereby turned the forward trajectory of causal progression into a closed loop of past is prologue.

That's like getting OJ Simpson off on double murder because he couldn't fit a blood-soaked (and then dried) leather glove over his hand. Yes, the glove didn't fit, but leather shrinks a lot when dried after being soaked. A critical thinking person would know this, or at least look into whether this is a possibility (which it definitely is), whereas a non-critical thinking person would only see that OJ couldn't slip the glove on, and ignore all the other crime scene evidence once the defense launched that catchy little rhyme "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." .

It's wonderful to believe in exciting new possibilities, but eventually, reality will have its way, and this kind of "breakthrough" will slide off the shelf - but not before selling enough books to make the next ludicrous claim worth publishing. Reality is pervasive, and if you want to understand reality, you need to assess what it is that is pervasive, and then align the rest of what you suspect along with it. The whole of it has to be consistent, and something as integral as Time has to absolutely make sense with everything else that sits on the floor in front of us. It can't just suddenly be something other than what it's always been. Especially since what it's been has required everything else to be what it's all been. I'm sorry, but Time has too many responsibilities within the airtight matrix of physical existence. It's simply not possible for it to be malleable. The perception of a stable Time may be malleable, but perception only affects the perceiver. It doesn't really affect the perceived, regardless of what someone thinks the indications of a very minor experiment with light beams indicates.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

All I am REALLY saying, is that it's always ALAWYS the present moment, and that everything resides in the present, even the record of the "past" resides in the present. Furthermore, if there is any sort of contingency, it is the present moment relative to what it's moving into, which is not fixed but remains wide open as a realm of infinite possibility. If the present relates to anything, it's the future, and therefore, as we move into the future, we may shape our future past history, as it's created, from the future, through the present. All creative ideas and activities, are created from the future in the realm of imagination and then move or are created through the present which only then creates the past as a record. That's a reverse arrow of time, in effect.

Surely you of all people would be open minded to an alternative view of time and causation?

And who among us would pretend to understand the true nature of reality? Even my own wildest rants are still entirely speculative, although guided by intuition, while factoring in as much data learning and gnosis as possible from whatever source or direction.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What the Wheeler delayed choice experience does is prove that a reframe is neccessary of our conception of reality, yes even of our perception since imagination and felt experience is everything, that reframe being a switch, from a materalist monist (matter is primary) arrow of time from past to present to future, to a monisitic idealism (consiousness is primary) future-present multiverse of timeless, spaceless infinite possibility from which free will choice alone collapses the universal wave equation, from a realm of non-locality, to a local point in space-time.

I will add more over the next few days (time permitting..) to illustrate this further which comes from a book called "The Self Aware Universe" by Amit Goswami, PhD, Physicist.

What it amounts to, when "grokked" even only slightly, is a re-enchantment of the cosmos and our place within it, here in the eternally unfolding present moment at the end of time and history.

It's absolutely liberating, and gives us hope, that we are more free than we could have ever imagined possible.

Edit: The Eternally Unfolding Present Moment, may very well represent, the ultimate "Blank Slate", such that the Akashic Record, Zero Point Field, Absolute, whatever you may wish to call "it" is forever differentiating and reintegrating, from what was, through what is, and into what is becoming, such that what is becoming may, since anything is possible, represent novelty, creativity, or in short, a pleasant surprise!

In terms of the "past", it is then picked up and processed through the eternally present moment, but unlike a vacuum cleaner, or perhaps like it, to a degree, all the "dirt" is thrown out, once integrated, and that which is helpful and worthwhile, then propogates real history, from a perspective of hope and of faith (the hope in eternal wondering things not yet seen).

Then "problem" then that we are having, as human beings, is the degree to which we record and then try to project or perpetuat a negative history, based on a materialist monist, arrow of time. In other words, real reality lets go of what isn't fruitful, storing up "in heaven" only that which is formative and informative, or "helpful", while we OTOH hold grudges, strong judgements, and a whole host of preconceptions and filters, looking BACK of all things and thinking THAT is reality, or the bulk of it. We are pointing in the wrong direction!

This is our delusion then, and don't get me wrong I certainly make the same damn mistakes over and over again just like everywhere, that the "past" is real, in the sense that it's "back there somewhere" when in all truth, what is, is, now and forever. Our judgements then of the past, are the only thing which makes the future seem or appear to represent a continuation of the past, into the present, and on, to the future, while we move along the conveyor belt of time, helpless, to enact any real and authentic or powerful change or transformation, certainly NOT of the universal variety either, since we're of course a mere nothing, but the smallest, most insignifcant thing, a lonely, individual subjective observer imprisoned in a subjective and TINY isolation chamber, of our own making, while the immense ocean of truth and possibility, extends itself, unexplored, before us.

And at the very least we can rest assured in the knowledge that:

The lies of wicked men can never perpetuate history, at least not for long.

The future belongs to us, the lone individual who "groks" the new world and the new reality, in this crazy race we appear to be caught up in, and so I am merely the first to proclaim "we win"!

edit on 17-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One last thing, worth considering, is

the non-localized, quantum holographic nature of reality has been proven to be discontinuous, particularly between observations, choices or judgements, and thus it is forever "rebooting" itself and being continually re-established in eternity. So it's an entirely open, all inclusive invitation, life and reality is, to employ the imagination, get inspired, and then start creating something wholly good and worthwhile, and therefore empowering and above all else, FUN.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Actually everything is happening right NOW. That's why it behooves you to live in the now and to act from the now. You can go into your past and change things to change your present. You can also go into your future. It's because time doesn't exist, time is just an overlay, just like gravity. There is only NOW.

We perceive time as linear because we are having a human experience and this is the only way to gauge our 'soul evolution'.

Live in the now, your whole life will change for the better!

Nice post, by the way!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
One last thing, worth considering, is

the non-localized, quantum holographic nature of reality has been proven to be discontinuous, particularly between observations, choices or judgements, and thus it is forever "rebooting" itself and being continually re-established in eternity. So it's an entirely open, all inclusive invitation, life and reality is, to employ the imagination, get inspired, and then start creating something wholly good and worthwhile, and therefore empowering and above all else, FUN.

The truth is that this was never proven, and it bothers me that this society has gotten immune to the tendency of people to make such statements as if they are facts, when they aren't facts. Like the existence of "wormholes". They simply have never been proven to exist, and are only theoretical, but if you tune in to a "science" documentary, there will be some guy with a pile of letters after his name that is building a theory of his own on top of the "fact" that wormholes exist in space.

You can get all amped up over your belief that you can revisit the past and remake your future, but I challenge you to go ahead and do it. I'm serious. Someone - anyone - prove this by doing it. If reality really is as free-wheeling as you claim it is, then prove it. Whatever you have to do - astral project, re-boot yourself, observe yourself into the past - to completely restructure the entire space/time continuum, then just do it and we'll all believe from that moment on.

And to be honest, you would be completely restructuring the space/time continuum, and reconfiguring reality for the entire existential realm, but hey, if you really have this capacity then go ahead and reconfigure everything. What amazes me is that no one considers the potential havoc that would be possible if this sort of thing was not only possible, but was the basic structure of physical existence. The logical extension has people preempting the birth of opposition political leaders and bizarro stuff like that. Good for the SyFy Channel, but not very realistic.

I swear that it's like there are disinformation agents in every damn debate that's being held in every public forum on this planet, and it just ends up with people rolling their eyes, tuning out on serious matters, and watching hamsters explode on YouTube until they get too bored to bother staying awake.
edit on 11/19/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join