It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British politician: ‘Israel is the root cause of terrorism'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am convinced that the reason America backs Israel is oil. Israel is our guard dog in the gulf. That should easy to understand. I doubt that any intelligent person would argue it. Christianity has great influence here also. We need to begin supporting Gaza (for instance) first by recognition and then by direct US to Gaza aid. This is the first step. Palestine has potential to be an independent nation. The Israeli military needs to be castrated.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The United States' support for Israel is what angered the terrorists and caused them to attack the United States in the first place. Certain terrorists will not rest until Israel is destroyed. I do not believe Israel is worth more American tax dollars or more American lives.
edit on 14-11-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: mispelled word

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

I think oil has something to do with it but our relationship with Israel is not very complicated. What strikes me is that an ideology such as zionism could affect the 20th century so powerfully and in so many ways, in the relatively short span of 60+ years as far as ideologies are concerned.

Once a strategic asset, and they still are in some ways, they are our "Indispensible allies in the war on terror" and the "only country in the region that shares our values". Thats good enough for most americans that have little interest in things like history or foreign policy.

So until something happens to turn enough heads, to poke the bear as it were, the people in power will stay in power and they will makes sure their interests, being strategic, economic, messianic, zionist, whatever. ..will continue unfettered.

If you take a step back from the situation you can see the forest for the trees...there are a million reasons to support israel, a million to loathe them, and a million to hope for a peaceful future.

edit on 14-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: divided by 0

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by gravitational

I guess that's why Muslims are Killing Muslims, daily...errr...because of Israel.

You are still using very old arguments lol

yeah Americans are also killing Americans in daily bases, just like Christians, just like Hindus... How does that equate to Israel being the root cause of terrorism?

Only people who have been watching too much FOX news, and reading too many anti-Islam website are still sleeping, thinking that terrorists exist, because they hate the American freedom, and they want America to become Muslim or die!!! hahahahah

Grow up..

Old arguments ha?

I guess when the hard painful truth is in your face, you just can't find any excuse for your wonderful “ freedom fighters”.
Because you can't find a justification for Muslims Killing each other without using your usual rhetoric : Israel this, US that, Zionist this...

If You can't blame Israel and USA for this terror acts, it just doesn't happen in Oozy's parallel universe.

And how can it be 'old news' if the list I show you begins with today's events?

Nice try Oozy. Maybe next time.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by oozyism

I agree with you that some terrorists, namely those attacking israel in palestine, may fight for the palestinian issue. But how does blowing up afghani or iraqi marketplaces or local afghani police forces contribute to palestinian freedom? As far as I can see it only contributes to establishment of medieval islamic dictatorships in said countries, hence islamic fascism. How exactly is Taliban liberating palestinians or fighting israelis?

Do you know what you just wrote?

Try again, this time with more clarification.

What do you mean?

I think I made myself pretty clear. You can probably say that islamic terrorists fighting israelis in palestine are motivated by israeli threat and therefore Israel is the root cause (altrough I dont consider deliberate killing of civilians fight for freedom, only killing IDF), but you cannot say that about terrorist in Iraq or Afghanistan. Their fight has nothing to do with liberation of palestine, therefore Israel cannot be the root cause. Islamic fascism (effort to establish medieval islamic dictatorship) is the root cause there.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I think I made myself pretty clear. You can probably say that islamic terrorists fighting israelis in palestine are motivated by israeli threat and therefore Israel is the root cause (altrough I dont consider deliberate killing of civilians fight for freedom, only killing IDF), but you cannot say that about terrorist in Iraq or Afghanistan. Their fight has nothing to do with liberation of palestine, therefore Israel cannot be the root cause. Islamic fascism (effort to establish medieval islamic dictatorship) is the root cause there.

I still don't get your point. That is what terrorism means zzzz the killing of innocent, America is guilty of that too, but that is not the discussion here.

If you have any question, then please don't hesitate to call your nearest terrorist station and ask the reasoning behind their terrorism.

They will tell you

edit on 15-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

You said Muslims are killing Muslims daily to prove a point

Tell us against, using your wonderfully rusty ancient argument, what were you trying to prove

Were you trying to prove that Israel is not the root of all evil because Muslims kill Muslims

How about this Gravitational, take my challenge, find me a terrorist which doesn't use US policy towards Israel as an excuse to attack the US.. When you do that, I will applaud you, no, really, I will. If you can't, then your old, rusty argument is a waste of time.

I have provided enough information in the OP to prove my point, and to prove the politician's point, watch the video over and over and over against until it sinks in. Even the CIA claims it to be true

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I still don't get your point. That is what terrorism means zzzz the killing of innocent, America is guilty of that too, but that is not the discussion here.

If you have any question, then please don't hesitate to call your nearest terrorist station and ask the reasoning behind their terrorism.

They will tell you

edit on 15-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

definition of terrorism from wiki:

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] No universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism currently exists.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)

Unintended collateral damage in a war or police action, as much as it is a bad thing, does not qualify as terrorism. Terrorism is DELIBERATE action against civilians which are INTENDED to create fear among civilian population to attain a goal.

My point is that Israel cannot be the ROOT cause of all islamic terrorism as Tonge claims, simply because there are many islamic terrorist acts which do not go against israel occupation forces, and do not help palestinian liberation in any way. It certainly helps to spread, justify and motivate islamic extremists, but its not the root. There must also be other cause, and that is islamic fundamentalist supremacy IMHO.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I'm sure the British politician is talking about terrorism against West, that is pretty obvious duuh..

So when she says Israel is the root cause of terrorism, that is true, looking at it in context.

Her concern is England, and she is talking about English security policy, so if you look at it in context, it should all make sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"find me a terrorist which doesn't use US policy towards Israel as an excuse to attack the US.. "

Yes, you used the correct word. Excuse. That its the common excuse given doesn't mean its the real reason.

There is no doubt that the Israelis behaviour is often disgraceful and the unresolved palestinian territory issue is a boon to fundamentalist recruiters. However, if israel vanished overnight (which is what HAMAS for example desires) and the US disappeared from the middle east it would not cure the problem.

The problem is a strand of radical Islam that is fundamentally incompatible with western secular society. It cannot be appeased or bargained with because it has no reasonable demands. Nor can it be defeated by force of arms. It will only be resolved through voluntary reform from within the faith of Islam itself.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

So you are saying terrorists are terrorists because they are crazy fanatics who have become mentally ill, killing people for no reason, they have no demands or anything

Last I checked, every terrorist has made their demands, and their demands are not money or wealth, their demand is for US to leave Muslim land, and allow them to choose who they want to govern, and stop supporting Israel unconditionally for god sakes.

Even Osama bin Laden says that, Jesus Christ !!!

Are people that naive?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"Once a strategic asset, and they still are in some ways, they (Israel) are our "Indispensible allies in the war on terror" and the "only country in the region that shares our values". Thats good enough for most americans that have little interest in things like history or foreign policy."

You make an interesting point in noting Americans are easily manipulated because they lack cultural awareness.

Playing the blame game works wonders for selling newspapers and perpetuating instability in the region. All this talk is just hollow rhetoric and should be taken with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, it is not in the best interests of those in control to implement a solution for stabilizing the region. It is all about continuing the fight, not winning or losing.

"UK still a cheerleader for Turkey’s EU membership"

This has nothing to do with the UK becoming a country of turbans and turban sympathizers. It has everything to do with the UK leading the way with this globalization and multicultural garbage. The xenophobic angle is just being played out for the masses. In reality, if the UK Government can succeed in reeling in a big time turban country like Turkey into the EU, then they can continue to royally screw things up by playing more shake and bake.

If the UK Government really represented the interests of its people, it would cheerlead in scrapping the contentious EU and rolling back the surveillance state, instead of being lapdogs for the globalist agenda.

“Why do we let it continue? Is it Holocaust guilt? We should be guilty – of course we should."

Why should someone be guilty of something which allegedly occurred well before they were born? Why should someone be made to feel responsible for the atrocities of others?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If by demands you mean 'convert to islam' and 'submit to sharia law'.

Then yes you are correct they have demands. However they are not demands that can be considered or negotiated over.

People have been butchering each other for no good practical reason all through history. Thats what extreme religious belief does. Especially when its wrapped up with politics. Without the Islamic component its unlikely there would be suicide bombers (or it would be rarer than it is).

You are failing to understand the mentality in play and looking for a rational solvable cause to an irrational problem. A negotiated settlement in Palestine would be a good thing but would not resolve the Islamic terrorism problem. Not by a long shot.

Its the first time in a long long time i've been accused of naiveté :-)

I understand where you are coming from. I actually wish you were correct as there would be more hope for the future. Unfortunately I just don't believe it for a second.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I used to admire Israel and it's willingness to stand up for itself and I still think that they have to be strong when surrounded by so many enemies.

But their blatant disregard for the Palestinians and their plight is inexcusable and helps feed the militant Islamic fire.

Israel has lost much respect and support over the last few years.

As for the UK ever being totally governed by Sharia; never!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join