It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British politician: ‘Israel is the root cause of terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hi again, this one you will enjoy:

The Liberal Democrat peer was speaking in the House of Lords at the Strategic Defense and Security Review, which sets out how the British government will deliver the priorities identified in its national security strategy.

On the issue of world conflict prevention, Tonge then said: “It is a disgrace to us all that problems such as Kashmir and Palestine are still alienating Muslims all over the world.

The treatment of Palestinians by Israel is held up as an example of how the West treats Muslims,” she said, “and is at the root cause of terrorism worldwide.”

“Even [the Quartet’s Middle East envoy] Tony Blair has now admitted this publicly,” she claimed.

“Why do we let it continue? Is it Holocaust guilt? We should be guilty – of course we should. Is it the power of the pro-Israel lobby here and in the USA?” The peer went on say that “cynics might think” Britain is at the ready to help Israel attack Iran.

How right she is

Anyways, this correlates with this video, which tries to look at the motives behind the 9/11 attacks:

Is UK becoming more and more Islamic, and becoming an Islamic sympathizer? UK has already allowed Sharia law to govern those who want themselves to be governed by the Islamic courts.

This is very interesting, especially this related news:
UK still a cheerleader for Turkey’s EU membership

Sir, The UK has not “downed the pom-poms” (“Turkish despair”, Editorial, November 10). Those who heard me address President Abdullah Gul at the Chatham House Prize award ceremony last Tuesday evening will know that is plainly not the case. Since the coalition government came into power our position could not be clearer: we are the strongest supporter of Turkey’s accession to the European Union and are proud to be a leading advocate for Turkey in the EU.

So a UK politician is claiming Israel is the root cause of terrorism. UK is the cheer leader of the Islamic nation of Turkey, to join EU. UK has Islamic laws operating under its own laws.

Anyone seeing what I'm seeing?

What is the deal here?

oz
edit on 14-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Outside of racist or right wing patriotic circles the wars, for Israel?, are very unpopular in the UK, we wonder why there is money for war but not much else, why our guys are dying in places they should never even be, why craven politicians who always do the popular thing with electors still took us to war at the cost of their own careers, we wonder all these things, thus politicians will act as gatekeepers to control these potentially dangerous thoughts to control anti Israel or anti US feelings, the elite of the UK will not abandon the pro Israel/US strategy, unless they are forced to.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Forget Israel, what's coming is not to take place in the Middle East. The stories were written in a time when those locations were the centre of human thought and knowledge, but any true prophecy is written to be understood in the time in which it takes place. The world is bigger now, please consider reinterpretation of the prophecies & legends into a time when much more than the middle eastern centre is known.

Centres of Power are now the US, China, and Russia. The middle east is of little consequence.

Masons, quit focusing on the temple as being built where it was before, ask yourself instead why the temple was built there in the first place.
edit on 14-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i didnt know the UK allowed the sharia law for certain ppl? How long until that becomes The ultimate Law..
Israel have their faults, but you cant forget turkeys armenian genocides (en.wikipedia.org...) or the current killing of Iraqi Christians the Muslims aren't without their faults!

Im glad my parents moved me to Australia when i younger. No offense to muslims, but i think their "religion of peace" is backwards and not welcome. For the earth to move forward as a whole, we need to get rid of organized religions and put our minds to solving earth problems as whole rather than waiting for a miracle! just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You got the link to the first website?

2nd

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by oozyism

You got the link to the first website?

2nd

Just did a google search

British politician: ‘Israel is the root cause of terrorism'

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hats off to Jenny Tonge for not taking the usual political stance of supporting Israel in everything it does. Although Israel is not responsible for all terrorism in the Muslim world It does play a huge part. We need more people to speak up without being classified as Racist and such like.
Regards

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
thank you for the link! im posting it around right now!!!
im so sick of fighting wars for izreal. im sick of brave americans and poor muslims dying in the name of allmighty xionism.

you gotta love someone brave enough to call the bad guys out.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
Forget Israel, what's coming is not to take place in the Middle East. The stories were written in a time when those locations were the centre of human thought and knowledge, but any true prophecy is written to be understood in the time in which it takes place. The world is bigger now, please consider reinterpretation of the prophecies & legends into a time when much more than the middle eastern centre is known.

Centres of Power are now the US, China, and Russia. The middle east is of little consequence.

Masons, quit focusing on the temple as being built where it was before, ask yourself instead why the temple was built there in the first place.
edit on 14-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

I'd like to do just that and even though I think the prophetic writings of the bible have already happened, I think it will happen again. I believe the Middle East is a huge factor in what takes place in our future. We can't ignore the Middle Eastern regions and the conflict between Israel and Iran.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
Hats off to Jenny Tonge for not taking the usual political stance of supporting Israel in everything it does. Although Israel is not responsible for all terrorism in the Muslim world It does play a huge part. We need more people to speak up without being classified as Racist and such like.
Regards

Huge part ?!
I guess that's why Muslims are Killing Muslims, daily...errr...because of Israel.

Recent terror attacks:
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The UK is becoming an increasingly Islamic state. It was England that invented English Common Law and it is now England that has Shari courts. The Muslims are such a small minority you would think it's impossible for them to take over the UK but it is the government led by Progressives who are doing this to their nation. Waging a war against Christianity and giving special privileges to Islam.

Israel is most definitely not an innocent nation and they are governed by Zionists who have their tentacles wrapped around the Western world. But the people who think Israel should be abolished need to think of something, the Middle East is virtually all Muslim yet it is the home of all Abrahamic religions is that not wrong? Israel has provided a safe haven for Jews and Christians in the Holy Land we should keep this. The Muslims have everywhere else but at the same time Israel should not be torturing and murdering Palestinians and vice-versa.

The Muslims think we should be pitying the Palestinians only but what about the Christian minority across the Middle East who are being subject to horrifying torture, persecution, intimidation, and murder for their beliefs. I will pity the Palestinians when I find some Arab Muslims defending Arab Christians. Until all 3 religions can respect each other in the Middle East I will feel sorry and defend the most innocent of the 3 in that region, the Christians.

Muslims have Mecca as their holy site and non-Muslims are not allowed there yet Christians are now the minority in the Holy sight of Bethlehem.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
See its not a surprise for me, England is an colonial Empire with colonial viewpoints. Tonge is one of this arrogant sissy Boys who are thinking if they discover some muslim arse. they would find a way to solve economical Problems. But he totally fails with this viewpoint...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The UK is becoming an increasingly Islamic state. It was England that invented English Common Law and it is now England that has Shari courts. The Muslims are such a small minority you would think it's impossible for them to take over the UK but it is the government led by Progressives who are doing this to their nation. Waging a war against Christianity and giving special privileges to Islam.

There are also Hasidic jewish courts in the UK that operate in the same way as the sharia courts. They deal with arbitary cases such as resolving civil disputes, covering issues as diverse as business and divorce.. It actually saves the uk tax payer money for not having to deal with certain religious issues that crop up within communities. If you think its bad that there are Sharia courts, do you think Orthodox Jewish courts are ok? All citizens will be treated equally if they break a law of the land no matter what your religion.
news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-11-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewarehouse
See its not a surprise for me, England is an colonial Empire with colonial viewpoints. Tonge is one of this arrogant sissy Boys who are thinking if they discover some muslim arse. they would find a way to solve economical Problems. But he totally fails with this viewpoint...

I see you didn't bother reading the links, you just bounce in with your preconceived thoughts and don't even know you're talking about a woman, so your poxy anti homosexual joke falls totally flat, yet you expect folk to respect your views, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Altrough I dont think it is the ROOT cause, that would be religious fundamentalism and islamic supremacist movements, it greatly aids the promotion and justification of their cause, since they can masquerade their intentions as a "palestinian freedom fight". Without Israel opressing palestinians, islamic terrorism would loose wind, and be exposed for what it really is - a movement to install opressive islamic regimes, not fight for palestinian freedom, maybe fight for freedom to oppress people.

Forcing Israel to cease palestinian occupation would certainly cause diminishment in islamic terrorist attacks in the long run.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I am not defending Islam I will not defend any religion I personally do not approve of any. That being said Israel since its creation has actively searched and destroyed all opposition to it, Created in a land where they never were and going against the grain. Of coarse people are going to be angry, if my family were killed then I would be. Although this is not justification i,ts the position people are put in , after all we are all only human .
Regards

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Indeed and only those who are either idiotic Sun/Mail readers or, for the most part, foreigners who have never set foot in the country seem to believe we're some sort of "Islamic" State.. Couldn't be further from the truth.

As for the OP, she is right and there does appear to be a wind change with regards to the UK's position on Israel of late.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I guess that's why Muslims are Killing Muslims, daily...errr...because of Israel.

You are still using very old arguments lol

yeah Americans are also killing Americans in daily bases, just like Christians, just like Hindus... How does that equate to Israel being the root cause of terrorism?

Only people who have been watching too much FOX news, and reading too many anti-Islam website are still sleeping, thinking that terrorists exist, because they hate the American freedom, and they want America to become Muslim or die!!! hahahahah

Grow up..

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Only people who have been watching too much FOX news, and reading too many anti-Islam website are still sleeping, thinking that terrorists exist, because they hate the American freedom, and they want America to become Muslim or die!!! hahahahah

I agree with you that some terrorists, namely those attacking israel in palestine, may fight for the palestinian issue. But how does blowing up afghani or iraqi marketplaces or local afghani police forces contribute to palestinian freedom? As far as I can see it only contributes to establishment of medieval islamic dictatorships in said countries, hence islamic fascism. How exactly is Taliban liberating palestinians or fighting israelis?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by oozyism

I agree with you that some terrorists, namely those attacking israel in palestine, may fight for the palestinian issue. But how does blowing up afghani or iraqi marketplaces or local afghani police forces contribute to palestinian freedom? As far as I can see it only contributes to establishment of medieval islamic dictatorships in said countries, hence islamic fascism. How exactly is Taliban liberating palestinians or fighting israelis?

Do you know what you just wrote?

Try again, this time with more clarification.

What do you mean?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join