It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I want to do is drink alcohol!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't help my self. I been through 3 treatment centers and I still crave it so bad! Any one else have this problem or had this problem and know how to deal with it? Its a social issue cause you don't want a bunch of drunks out in the city! lol

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Your best bet is that even though i do not know you personally, most of that stuff happens to peopel if you lack the spiritual side of themselves.

Go and find yourself.

Of course there are things going on with who runs society, but if i was you go find yourself. If your telling the truth, these addictions come from not knowing oneself.

I do not drink, but i know what addiction can be. We all have our demons.
edit on 11/13/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Having been in fun mode most my life,. I find myself often close to addiction.
But my personality is not addiction drivin,
For me, at times when I feel I need a break,. I stop for a while,.
yes maybe easier said than done, but you have to WANT to do it.
Death by alcohol just isnt my interest. maybe that is my strength.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You must understand yourself in order to live with yourself.

I have found that I try to escape myself,when I become confused about my reason for being here at all.

There is no reason for anything,there are only people out there whose sole purpose in life is to sell you anything you feel you need or want,even if it causes you to die.

I drink too much too,because I have been feeling confused about my purpose.

I am livestock,but they tell me I am a man,above the level of an animal.

But I just can't really see it.

So I drink.

One thing I have found to be useful is to think about what made you happy before you ever had that first drink,and pursue that thing which makes you happy with great zeal.

It works for me,but frequently I am accused of being insane,doing such things at my age.

To hell with what others think,it's your life,live it the way you want.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My solution is just overcoming it and knowing you can.

I'm not gonna lie, I like getting drunk as much as the next person and would not mind partaking of other substances as well, but I know my limits when enough is enough and I also don't do it habitually often. I try to space it up every couple weeks, months, or so.

Not only does it help against building up a tolerance, but it's also safer, healthier, and less addicting. I would recommend you put your full effort into stopping drinking for a while. It's not easy, but it's something only you can do.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSimple

I know the feeling. sometimes I go out or drink so often I wonder if I have a problem. then one day i'll just stop for a month without even thinking about it. it sounds like you're literally addicted, which I'm not sure if i can totally identify with but I can suggest one thing that tends to coincide with when I stop.....

Do activities that are directly opposed to drinking. Go run for like 5 miles each day and come home and I guarantee you alcohol won't sound good when you're heart is pounding and you're sweaty and just worn out.

That's all I got. exercise also helped me quit smoking, which i KNOW i was addicted to. Just beating yourself up physically makes things that are bad for you sound unappealing. plus when you do go off the bandwagon and drink or smoke, you're going to feel likd sh$$$ the next day working it out of your system at the gym.

It'll make you associate drinking with intense unpleasantness more and more often. hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSimple
I can't help my self. I been through 3 treatment centers and I still crave it so bad! Any one else have this problem or had this problem and know how to deal with it? Its a social issue cause you don't want a bunch of drunks out in the city! lol

One problem some people have is that they cheat and then 'lie' about it to everyone. This includes people who enroll in treatment programs. A person has to abstain completely from a drug for a few weeks before the craving diminishes. Just one drink can reset the clock.

Also, most people who are unable to overcome their drug habit live a stressful, depressing, or otherwise unsatisfying lifestyle. Their drug use helps them to cope with the lifestyle. It's a drug, and they use it as a drug. There's some amount of mental discipline and the willingness to change one's lifestyle that goes along with this.

When a person is sitting at home staring at the wall and craving alcohol, maybe he should ask himself why he isn't at the gym working out, at church, going for a walk, going to the movies, meeting people, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
when i went to a 30 day, in-house treatment center... there was a guy there we call '17'
because thats how many times he had gone through the 28-30 day treatment programs.
Myself, i had to get a court order & Judge to free me from the treatment program after
i'd been there for 6 months (with 1k of Thorazine daily and upon release
a daily dose of Haldol...for 3 months until i quit the treatments)

Myself, i went (to treatment) because the 'Police barking dogs & the helicopters were chasing me'
in my late model Datsun mini-truck with wide tires & a canvas cover on the truck bed...
the audio hallucinations were just that---figments of my imagination
I was on my way across country on my way to a religious cult in Montana....................

.. whew, glad i stopped to see my friend that worked for the SC detox agencies.

Yo, i still slug a case of 'Busch' in 3 days, on top of my blood meds, been that way for 13+ years now.

i'd suggest that you don't want to get enibreated or wasted as an intentional state of being..
just getting a mild buzz is OK (your body & liver will tell you if your consuming too much)

moderation is the key, because there's a gene that drives us alcholics to crave the effects of alchol on our bodily systems,,, getting a skewed mind is a pleasant side euphoria place.

keep your head about yourself & your need to consume
edit on 13-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
People are spiritual beings, and you can find plenty in this world to drag you down, so you can turn to these things.

Spiritual problems are the main reasons for all these problems. Happiness only comes from within, although people can be happy on drugs or when drunk, or what ever, happiness comes from peace of mind.

Its yourself you have to find.

That means find things you want to do, everyone is good at something, something that gives you pleasure, or lifts your spirits without abusing yourself.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Breaking an addiction is not easy OP. It's going to be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life. Are you up to the challenge?

The road to recovery is hell. Pure and simple, it is the most god awful thing in this world. However... However! If you make it through, and manage to stay off alcohol for awhile the benefits will be godlike, enormous, fantastic beyond description.

You will be reborn again, and god's programming inside of you will be back online.
. You will once again experience the beauty of things. Do not underestimate this beauty, you might look around you and see that people do not seem as stimulated as your alcoholic stupor, but believe me, they are, they are in a state of ecstasy compared to you. They are on a constant high with no side effects. Also, the growth you will achieve from accomplishing the hardest task on this Earth will leave you with balls of steel (if you're a lady; boobs of steel).

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hi time, from my experiance it sounds like your half way there already (sort of ) rehab exc didnt work for me , it does for some not very many but, i eventualy just got sick of the hassles with it, just tnink of it like this its very pain full but you gotta do the hard yards, go to your doc get some sick leave an wat ever they can give you to help abit, and for the next couple of weeks try stay positive as you can, i feel for you best of luck with it

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yeah I used to have that problem. Ive been to 2 live in treatment centres that went for a few weeks, six months apart, tried all the therapies, meds, AA all that sorta stuff but none of it really worked.

You know what did work though......... truth seeking.

The world is a crap hole, and its a sign of intelligence and empathy to be depressed, existance here is painfull in itself and not a sign of weakness to try ease that pain but a sign you know there is a better way for humanity.

For me the reluctent transistion from staunch athiest into spirtual awakening was, coincidentally or not, the point I stopped drinking.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You're not gonna quit until you want to. I hit rock bottom a few years back and decided I just didn't want to drink anymore, at least not daily. I've drank a few time since and I still crave it (I even dream about getting drunk now and then) but it's not as bad as it used to be.

I didn't go to AA or rehab or any of that crap. I just grew a pair, decided I didn't want a beer can telling me what to do anymore and stopped. There's no person or program or drug that's going to magically make it go away, just you and your will power.

You'll know when it's time, and best of luck to you when the time arrives.

Also, when you do decide to quit, make sure someone's around for a few days in case you go into DT's, because that can get dangerous.

ETA: I recommend coffee and cigarettes. It helps ease that nasty Miller Time growl in your stomach.

-TheAssoc.
edit on 14-11-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
We'll its been 30 days without a drink...here I am at 8:30 (Called in sick) getting drunk. I',m f'd up arnt I?

edit on 15-11-2010 by TimeSimple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I relate to you! It's the reason I drink!

new topics

top topics

join