It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fixed Lights Above Los Angeles Now 11/12/2010 11:31 PM PST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Compare this photo to the web cam . You will see a huge mountain in the backround.

www.rwongphoto.com...

I also can tell you there are plenty of towers in the hills of los Angeles that have lights that blink and some that dont.
edit on 13-11-2010 by russ1969 because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Alright, I'm off, someone figure this out. If it's aliens I've decided to take the day off, if not...I might still take the day off.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

I think we can call this case closed. Good find on those images during the day.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It could be a reflection of the city lights maybe, but they look pretty uniform in style so im not quite sure?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Compare this photo to the web cam . You will see a huge mountain in the backround.

www.rwongphoto.com...

I also can tell you there are plenty of towers in the hills of los Angeles that have lights that blink and some that dont.

Excellent find! So basically everyone has been getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sushiglobster
reply to post by russ1969

I think we can call this case closed. Good find on those images during the day.

Thank you. I assumed i was being ignored because i had found a logical explaination for this. Seems most people just want to hype this up. I was curious at first but decided to investigate further. Lol i still ended up with 20 or so downloaded images of the web cam just in case.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Its difficult to tell if we are really viewing from the exact angle as with the day vs. night picture...but I can say they seem close enough. Those mountains are well....mountains...and they do run across a lot. I'm also pretty sure that the this particular web cam wouldn't be in that direction if there wasn't a pretty view.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

www.rwongphoto.com...

Well there ya go! I figured it had to be some sort of fixed light. Thanks for the image!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So wait a minute...

Because there is mountains behind there it is coming from the mountains?

I just think they would have to be high-powered lights to seen from the distance of the camera.

Why are they blinking on and off? Why have they been made a big deal of today if they are a common thing?

Not trying to be an @ss, just wondering.

Can't come in and just say a UFO, we need evidence to prove or disprove any side of the story.

Just kind of loosely based opinion in my books.

Pred...
edit on 13-11-2010 by predator0187 because: Grammar

link   
between images @ 1:09 and 1:12...the middle light seemed to drop down right to the top of a building.....slide show will be allright.

link   
So all of a sudden people see some tower lights that have always been there.Its like going outside and looking up at the moon and saying what the hell is that bright ball in the sky.This is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I agree with the mountain theory as well. Take a 2nd look though, how tall would those towers have to be? The lights look pretty high up compared to the mountains in this picture?!?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Just for an idea of what people are seeing, an hours worth in a gif.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnemyoftheState
I agree with the mountain theory as well. Take a 2nd look though, how tall would those towers have to be? The lights look pretty high up compared to the mountains in this picture?!?

I tried to superimpose the night scene with the day scene and I agree the mountains so appear to be lower than the lights, but I couldn't get it to accurately mesh and decided not to bother as it leaves too much room for error.

But personally, the mountains did appear well under the lights.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The lights are higher in the sky then the tops of those mountains. I need to see a daylight shot from the same perspective to really be able to tell.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

LOL yeah i tried to do the same. Nice time lapse!! Good work!

link   
reply to post by predator0187

They are very bright. I had forgotten about them because i havent been in cali for almost 20 years. There is also mount wilson. I just dont remember what mountain you would stand on to get that view of the city.

link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
reply to post by badw0lf

The lights are higher in the sky then the tops of those mountains. I need to see a daylight shot from the same perspective to really be able to tell.

I agree, as I said in my post above yours!

I wish the site had an archive of the images, that would make things easier..

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Because they are build on top of the mountain, not on the sides.

I will search for more photos

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
heres another cam view.. different webcam of lax
click here

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join