It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockbuster Video Ghost?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

If you notice just before the cart moves it seems to shift to the left slightly. Perhaps someone setting up in motion OR a funky ghost gearing up for the push. Just wondering if anyone noticed?

I noticed that too, but I still think it would be the ghost... Didn't see anybody or anything moving it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's hard to tell. The behaviour of the BB employee seems very "normal" - this could be because it's authentic, or because he is a decent actor that knows his character and script very well. The video might be fake, but it's definitely more realistic looking in my eyes than many other videos that share similar themes.
edit on 14/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: clarity

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There's something blatantly real in it.

Given the camera angle I'm not sure how several blockbuster employees could be hiding behind the isles and pushing the DVDs without being noticed... If it's hoax it was done using some other technique.

The guy acts in a definetly true way. I think I would do exactly the same things and get away at that exact moment and leave increasingly running in the same way he does.

Could be viral hoax of course, but...
Im happy it's giving us some faithfull doubt for once in a quite long while.

s&f

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
if i was that guy i would be checking my pants. if there were people on the other side of the isle hitting the shelves and pushing the the movies off wouldn't more than one fall at a time? and why arent the cases behind the front movie falling off?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have to agree with the two posters commenting on the realistic way the guy reacts. I feel this too is how I would react.

If you notice, when the trolly was pushed some dvd's fell over, now assuming that is all he heard he would look over and see the trolly impossibly out of place. In that position my thoughts would be ' your minds playing tricks on you man, the trolly was always there and some dvd's have just slipped over on it, that's all you heard.'

Similarly with the DVD falling off, the first time I would think i had put it on wrong, and you can almost see the slight hesitation creep in as he has to do it again. Then as he watches the DVD fall infront of him there is the brief moment of disbelief, why he doesn't move immediately.

As for the walking, picking up pace before running. That is something I can admit to doing when scared of something you can't really see. You feel if you run 'it' will come after you (Even if you don't think theres anything to hurt you, that thought seems to take hold)...so you walk to begin with and pick up pace the further you get before braking into a run.

As to whether this is a hoax or not, I can't say. But if it is I commend the guys acting, it goes against what we usually see in films and hoaxs, it goes against the expected reactions and instead shows what many peoples TRUE reactions would be. Even though to watch it seems odd.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Bumping this thread because I saw the video in another thread. Does anyone have any more info on this one?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If a hoax, I say fishing line was used. Something tells me this is one way to get attention, since blockbusters all over are closing their stores

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think the video is a few years old, so it's less likely that it's for attention like that; though, it's still a possibility.

The only thing that really stands out to me as fishy is how he picks up the two DVDs that fall after the cart is pushed without even looking at them.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It almost looks like it could have been done by one of them Scare tactic shows, or a variation of that type of show. If it's not from a show like that, then there's been alot of work gone into making it. Of course, it wouldn't take that much to fit a motor to the trolly, and some little air bubble things (like a little controled airbag) in the sleves of the DVDs behind the ones that fall. do-able, but it's not debunked until we can find the show it comes from. (I'm pretty sure it's from something like that, to be honest)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It almost looks like it could have been done by one of them Scare tactic shows, or a variation of that type of show. If it's not from a show like that, then there's been alot of work gone into making it. Of course, it wouldn't take that much to fit a motor to the trolly, and some little air bubble things (like a little controled airbag) in the sleves of the DVDs behind the ones that fall. do-able, but it's not debunked until we can find the show it comes from. (I'm pretty sure it's from something like that, to be honest)

I searched around (granted it was cursory) and I couldn't find anything about the video's origins. Hmm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join