It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockbuster Video Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

This employee gets scared as hell and takes off running, some poltergeist activity.
Nothing happens until he gets in the second isle, the cart will move and then some DVDs, it could be easily faked, and it could be easily real... What do you guys think of this?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This sort things is difficult to proof if it is real or not.I personally believe in it.

There are some convincing video's or picture's, also a lot of people have first hand experience with this including myself and still experience it, called it paranormal and also if other people don't believe in it. then it is there opinion and i do respect there opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Looks like a set up to me.
In the beginning the cart is not fully in the scope of the camera.
A good location for a push.

The Video boxes dropping could be do to someone on the back side of the isle.

Why not any video boxes dropping from the first isle? Because we can see the back side, eh

Looks like employees were bored and having fun making a ghost video clip

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Intersting vid

Personnaly i think someone is crouching behind both the shelving units and giving them a bang to make them fall & the trolley could easily have been pulled with some string/wire etc from behind the shelf.

Imo its a set up.

lol - beaten to it.
edit on 12/11/10 by cropmuncher because: (no reason given)

That said a friend of mine who i trust had some bizrre events happen regularly with a figurine/small statue type thing falling over repeatedly, sometimes when he was out but more often when he was in another room so he heard it & a few times while sat in same room. It wasnt unstable or anything & it spooked him so much he eventually moved.
edit on 12/11/10 by cropmuncher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After watching it a few times over.. I think it may be set up.
The part that made me think that the most is when the DVD falls off the shelf only a few inches in front of him.
The way I see it, I think he would have sort of 'felt' something there, before it had the chance to do that.
However, that still isn't enough proof for me to fully believe it's fake...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I see everyone here is claiming hoax, and I am inclined to believe that may be the case. I dont see any evidence in the vid of a hoax however. Hoax vids usually contain some evidence that can easily be seen, such as a fishing line that reflects against the light, a cut in filming, a hand that is barely visible....youve all seen them.

This video has no discernible tells that it is a hoax immediatly. I am not claiming that this is the 100%real evidence that this blockbuster is haunted by anything, there would need to be alot more evidence than just this to do so.

With all of that said, a few blockbuster employees sitting behind the racks very easily could be the reason behind this all, but I am not overly convinced of that, as I am not overly convinced that this is genuine. Unfortunately with so many hoaxes out there, I am hesitant to believe most claims anymore.

All in all nice video though, I would love to see more info on this althoguh I dont expect any.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
All in all nice video though, I would love to see more info on this althoguh I dont expect any.

I will try researching a bit on it, I doubt there is anything but I have nothing to do right now anyway... I'll see what I can find.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

Interesting. I love seeing this stuff. S&F. I'm careful not to call hoax too soon, I think the paranormal touches everyone on a regular basis....most refuse to see it or write it off to something it is not. However...at the 56:13 mark there seems to be a bit of visible movement at the bottom, front right of the cart in between it and the shelving.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the only ghost here is that of a once booming business. Looks to be the work of bored employees with too much time on thier hands now that everyone streams their movies vice renting thru a store. Too bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Okay I'm kind of 50/50 on this... And here's why.

In this frame here you can clearly see where the handle is hidden behind the timestamp.

Now for someone to have pushed that you would have seen hands extend from underneath, the timestamp... There were none. Could it have been kicked from the wheels however? Yes and if kicked by the left rear wheel it would also explain why the trolly took the direction, which it did.

The other part here is the reaction of the employee... He kind of does a 'what? Where'd the trolly go? Oh, wait it's there; let's continue stocking the vids" - Now, as much as I love the Paranormal and investigating this kind of thing - I would have done 2 things here... Sh!t my pants and looked the hell around the store OR gone dark and straight into vigil mode.

As far as the first DVD falling off the shelf, as I've outlined in the photograph and if you watch the video yourself at 1:34 - 1:36. It is one singular DVD which moves, the shelf itself (therefore other DVDs) stay static. You can also see where I've laid out from the first bunch of shelves these do not have the "push through slots" kind of like at a library. -- IMHO as a 'prank' that would have taken some practice and patience to knock exactly one DVD off, from behind the shelf without interrupting the rest of it and not being able to push through.

At 1:53 - 1:55 the exact same DVD falls, once more - One solo DVD, no shelf movement. However with it being the same DVD and not another one, at this stage I'm getting a little sceptical as it could be argued that there could be a "physical" reason this particular DVD only is falling.

Ahh... Okay now, something I did notice if you watch when the DVD falls the second time (1:54 I believe?) the DVD behind it seems to 'slide forward' as maybe a chocolate bar would in one of those dispenser machines when the one prior to it, falls at your disposal. -- This moves me more in the sceptical direction as to why it's that one DVD.

But then from 2:10 onwards is when I say, I'm not sure... This all looks a little "subtle" to be people playing a prank if you get my meaning? I think if they were going to do something like this they'd go "all out" IMHO. The door maybe opening and closing or that lifting door at the cashier's desk?

This appears to possibly be a Spirit having a bit of a gas with the employee... Although I'd like to know where this particular store is and whether or not there's been any reported incidents both prior and since this video.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Interesting. I love seeing this stuff. S&F. I'm careful not to call hoax too soon, I think the paranormal touches everyone on a regular basis....most refuse to see it or write it off to something it is not. However...at the 56:13 mark there seems to be a bit of visible movement at the bottom, front right of the cart in between it and the shelving.

Alright... I just watched it over... Did you mean at 33:56:13? or 34:56:13 near the end?
I checked both and personally didn't see anything, I will watch it again and again though trying to see this...
The only movement I saw near the cart was his foot moving by the end of it where he was when he was walking to see the games that fell. I'll keep watching over though...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's an obvious hoax. Someone is behind the shelf, they reach with their hand and move the cart (concealed by the timestamp). The shelf backs have little holes in them, someone on the other side just pokes something through the holes to knock the videos down. Plus, every blockbuster I have been in, has 2 employees, even late at night. Where is the other guy? Hmmmm?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

You clearly missed my analytical post on this completely right?

I showed where you would have seen the hands extend through the bottom of the time stamp as the handle is not off camera but behind the time stamp.

I also showed how the shelves do not have poke through holes. The shelf stacks are set in a shape like this if you're looking at them side on (one side > ||=|| < other side. No hole)
edit on 12-11-2010 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I watched again....I was seeing things. My bad. Thanks for the thread...it's a nice diversion amongst the doom, gloom and speculative banter today on ATS. After watching for the 4th time and with the analysis by other members this looks to be the real thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Im sorry but i think the trolley was pulled not pushed. See how it is convieniently positioned so as to block of any gap between the front right and the second shelf in. Handy for the person who was crouching behind to reach round and grab the front frame - hidden by the videos!
Also isnt it handy how he conveniently had no videos on the back side of the shelvings?

Also the first video he placed (1st to fall) doesnt seem in the correct place as there is a second copy next to the second video in a different location.

Maybe someone with a keen eye can suggest what the title is from the general layout of the cover - maybe relevant?

Anyway the guy didnt act at all in a way you would expect - i mean he knew the trolley moved a meter by itself & that wouldnt raise concerns?

Its fake imo - like someone said prob the soon to be unemployed staff bored one night

edit on 12/11/10 by cropmuncher because: text

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Thanks for the post.

As to if it's real or not, sorta hard to say without more info about the employee or a background story. But it *could* easily be faked. And if that little cart would have moved on it's own like that I'd already be running. Also, the camera is at such a perfect angle filming it almost looks a bit set up.

Anyways, who knows. Cool video none the less.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think this could be legit. If you watch closely, before any activity has occurred, 59 seconds into the video playback you can see some sort of electro magnetic interference or disturbance. It is very subtle, but it is there. Eight seconds later, the activity begins. I think this could be the entity manifesting itself into the physical realm. Does anybody else see this? Nice vid.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Plus, every blockbuster I have been in, has 2 employees, even late at night. Where is the other guy? Hmmmm?

I can verify this. My Wife works for blockbuster and yes they do get very bored but there is at least 2 people in the store at any given time (except early mornings). I am at work now but will have her check out the video to get her interpretation of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

If you notice just before the cart moves it seems to shift to the left slightly. Perhaps someone setting up in motion OR a funky ghost gearing up for the push. Just wondering if anyone noticed?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They need to throw all those crummy movies off the shelves

I can rent 2 movies at a time with my Blockbuster Movie Pass and 99% of them are pure crap, not worth renting of burning

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join