It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LA "missile" was flight 808

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
this post and picture is what made me think there was something to this. Then when it was still a big mystery to all almost two days later, I thought it was even more fishy. I do understand the government doesn't have any interest in normal air traffic, but they sent a message of confusion not of disinterest. I don't have links to news clips I saw so I won't go spouting things I thought I heard, but that is the message I felt like I was getting. I just don't feel like this should be over quite yet. Might have just been a plane and everyone needed a break form mundane day to day stuff, but eye witnesses who I assume have seen planes in the sky before thought it was strange. Namely S.O.

here I will show it for continuity:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Mrs. Overlord alerted me to this fast-rising object just as we were starting dinner.

Seen west-south-west from Phoenix.

It was rising incredibly fast, apparently straight-up. Much, much faster than any commercial aircraft I've ever seen.

edit on 12-11-2010 by network dude because: edit to add pictures and post

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, so wait.....the military CONFIRMS that a missile was fired, but have NO IDEA as to who, what, how, why? And now, i'm supposed to believe it was an airplane? Wow....now this is getting to be a little too much. It seems like TPTB, want us engaged in menial conversations...debating on this and that, while they sneak out the back door.

1st of all....since when do planes leave trails so low to the ground? Since when do planes, take off from the ground, traveling upwards? Come on already....can we please stop with the games? Is this the last act of a desperate government...or are TPTB trying to mind ufck us and make us seem 'crazy'?

It was a MISSILE....the only question is....where did it go? Has anyone answered that question yet? What goes up, MUST come down, so...where did it touch down?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Those photos are totally unrelated to the LA incident though.

Besides, it seems SO thinks it to be a plane as well:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This object (possibly a supersonic military jet on a high-energy ascent) rose very fast from our vantage point and came from west-south-west (relative to Northern Phoenix). Then kept rising in an easterly direction over Phoenix until it was lost due to apparent high altitude (or no more contrail).

Vandenberg is 470 miles away and west-north-west from here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was a bit confused. I thought there was just multiple threads about the same launch. It got real confusing and aparently still is. My main concern is the one listed in the pictures in my post. Please disregard my input on this incident.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I believe many ATS members were/are not accepting that it was a plane..that is not to say they were sure it was a missile. The ones that claim it was a plane were stating that they believe it IS a plane contrail..the opposing position was that it may not be a plane contrail. Seems to me the preconceived notion was that it was a plane. Although some may have had a preconceived notion that it was a missile I believe most were/are skeptical that it is an ordinary plane contrail.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

In reply to your OP, it is admittedly childish, but is "pwned" a relevant word here?

If so: Missile launch theories: Pwned

If you prefer more academic terminology. The rational thinking side of the line has provided hard, solid, verifiable evidence. There is no shame in admitting that the missile launch was most likely an incoming aircraft. From the onset it is obvious that you are not going to witness an ICBM move slightly in 10 minutes. In ten minutes the missile will be well out of you line of site and most likely on its final approach to target. Thanks op, as I'm not a "debunker", just an avid fan of evidence and the generally accepted scientific method(s).

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
One thing I want people to remember about this and looking for another flight, another day, showing the same effect: The earth has continued to move, so the days are getting "shorter". A picture taken of a sunset on the day in question, will not look the same if taken at the same time.......it would have to be done minutes earlier. There are people and ways to figure out the angle of the sun at the questioned time and correlate the exact time.
I cheerfully stopped doing math once I was out of school.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My only question is, how could something so 'obvious' (and simple) be so misconstrued by so many people.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join