It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LA "missile" was flight 808

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, I know another missile thread but here's some information that I haven't seen yet, it probably has been posted but has been lost amongst all the other crap.

This is a screen shot taken from a webcam in the Newport Beach area:

Look familiar?

Difference being the webcam was filming 24 hours later, it's the same scheduled flight coming from Honolulu and again making another "missle" trail.

blog.bahneman.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Yes, I know another missile thread but here's some information that I haven't seen yet, it probably has been posted but has been lost amongst all the other crap.

This is a screen shot taken from a webcam in the Newport Beach area:

Look familiar?

Difference being the webcam was filming 24 hours later, it's the same scheduled flight coming from Honolulu and again making another "missle" trail.

blog.bahneman.com...

I didn't see this information, I've been wanting to see more photos of the same airspace at different or the same time to confirm that track of airspace is route that planes from Hawaii or overseas take. If it is true then its a plane, because no one keeps launching a missile at that time all the time thats sillyl.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You know I actually think your right. I'd love to believe it's some huge conspiracy but I don't think it is!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i see 2 pictures...sunset...clouds..yes familar

but the trails are alot different for me
...still

the first picture i would never think of a rocket..saw that yesterday and couldnt believe why someone
says 2nd missle...

not even close to the first one

and why we still dont know wich flight it was?

edit on 11-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Although it's likely airplane contrail, what I don't get is, why the big fuss now? I mean that kind of sighting is supposed to be routine, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Blame the media for the fuss, they're the one who propagated the missile myth by calling it a missile, the rest just snowballed.

Ironically, many ATS members who would normally poke their eye out with a spoon before believing anything the MSM says are lapping it up like there's no tomorrow!

I guess as long as it goes along with their preconceived beliefs, it must be right...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ironically, many ATS members who would normally poke their eye out with a spoon before believing anything the MSM says are lapping it up like there's no tomorrow!

I guess as long as it goes along with their preconceived beliefs, it must be right...

Well, to be fair - this happens a lot - have you been to the Political forums lately? Lol....
Some things never change and people really are predictable, once a pattern has been defined.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No, it wasn't
edit on Fri Nov 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Lived here for 30+ years and saw the "object" as I was stuck in a bit of traffic in Malibu on SR-1, aka pacific coast highway.. front seat view... calling it an airplane is just silly. I was in an artillery unit as a meteorologist.. observed all manor of weapons platforms as well.. heck, ANY former military can tell the difference between an airplane & weapon launch it's not like I have any special skills in that regard.

Now check this out:
www.nga.mil...

A US Navy document dated 6 Nov 10 warning Mariners of "missile firing" off the California coast, 'z' time is "zulu" time, aka GMT time aka Greenwich Mean Time.

Page 55. 434/10(18).

434/10(18). EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC. CALIFORNIA. MISSILES.
1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE 1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY IN AREA BOUND BY 34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W, 33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W, 35-09N 123-39W,

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I will refer you to a post by Phage in regards to that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is nothing special about that Notice to Mariners. It does not suggest a missile was launched. That is a standing notice...permanent. The area is a target and testing zone.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are so many threads on this topic and I don't have the wherewithal to go through the nonsense but I just don't understand why there's even a debate on the 'plane or missile' issue right now.

The questions SHOULD be: Why, if these were planes, why then the initial confusion for an entire day?
Why did the Pentagon get involved? That alone speaks volumes and no one is even addressing that aspect.

A helicopter spots a con-missile (whatever), it hits the news, it gets handed over to the Pentagon and everyone is scratching their heads? And now...........it was just a plane? How effin insulting don't ya think?

Unreal!

This is just like 9-11 all over again. When we all watch TV that morning, things just looked wrong. But then MSM-damage control came on the idiot box and told us 'what we saw'. And most of you idiots sat back and ate it up because YOU WERE TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE instead of questioning it.

This behavior is very disturbing and I don't know who I am more upset with....them or (some of) you!

Why is it NOW you people are saying 'plane'? Show me ONE post claiming "plane" BEFORE the brainwashing MSM said it was a 'plane'?

Go ahead, show me...................I'll wait...........(just as I thought).

This behavior is nothing less than the 100th Monkey meets the jumping Lemmings and it's very very disheartening. For real!
edit on 11-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There is no way it was a plane off the coast of LA.

You can see the missile going up and then the flames out the back, it's quite obvious!

Take a look again and don't believe the MSM BS you've been told!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I find it hard that in this day and age people still can't understand the basics of perspective.

It's not going up, it's flying almost directly at the viewer.

Same as this:

The difference being the LA contrail is being illuminated by the setting sun.

Take a look again and don't believe the MSM BS you've been told!

The msm are the ones who said it was a missile, you are the one believing the msm BS, I am the one that doesn't believe the msm missile story.

edit on 11/11/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

If it was flying directly at the viewer then it would have flown straight over Los Angeles and everyone would have been able to see that it was a plane making the contrail so there wouldn't have been any confusion. Did that happen? No, because the people that saw it, including the news helicopter, had better depth perception than that because the darn thing didn't fly over their heads, thus it wasn't coming towards them...

The contrail from the missile/rocket could clearly be seen shooting vertically from the ocean and then tilted west, away from Los Angeles, because the fire from the rocket boosters were clearly visible and the 3D shape of the contrail suggested this was the case as the plane nor the contrail ever passed overhead. Now why in the hell didn’t they just continue filming untill what was causing the giant contrail (the missile) and inversely reflecting Sun light (propulsion from the rocket) could pass by or over the city for a better view of the object? Because it never did! It was a missile/rocket that went out into Pacific, not towards LA!

The reason this is an international story is because it is clearly what everybody thought they saw from the start, which was an unidentified missile/rocket. These people aren't retarded as they called in to all government agencies, the military, and the Pentagon for information which should have easily identified the object as a plane. Did they get any information from the government? Nope... why??? Because it was never a plane.

If it was a plane, the FAA would have said "plane" and the Pentagon would have said "STFU! Chill out it is just a plane,” instead they scratched their heads for a few days before an "official story" could be concocted. Now every official is sticking to the improv -ed story and calling everyone who witnessed the event retarded liars. Something is seriously wrong with our world.

edit on 11-11-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'm not so sure Chad,, I dont think I can buy plane... I'd rather it just slip into forgetfull land before I say its a plane. I'm not far from an airport, and in a colder area, and I never see these trails. I do see some stragglers every once and again.. but never as the plane is moving.. and going straight up. and I dont think its coming towards us.

That would be the same as me watching a plane take off from California. a good 2 thousand some odd miles away... no way it was a plane... no way
edit on 12-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I still disagree with the contrails theory, for all the reasons mentioned.

However, S+F for the first truly origional research, and you make an excellent point OP.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

it's the same scheduled flight coming from
Honolulu and again making another "missle" trail.

If that's true, then it should be trivial to continue watching that webcam to see if we get repeat performances of that trail when there is another flight.

a screen shot taken from a webcam in the Newport Beach area:

Your source appears to be a blog, and it seems peculiar to me that while it provides many images, identifies two specific possible flights, provides eight assorted various informative links, and at the end shows an "infographic" which the author has nicely taken the time to photoshop together for us...he does not identify the source of the webcam image.

I propose we get the source so that we can watch it ourselves and see if this behavior repeats itself.

EDIT:
This might be it. The address matches, but the video framing does not. That might be reasonably explainable by multiple providers sourcing the same camera. It's 5:30am in newport beach, so there's not much to see. But, interested parties might want to come back at 5pm PST over the next few days to see if this phenemenon repeats itself.

edit on 12-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Heres your source (no rewind for me though): www.surfline.com...

and for the love of treacle covered swedish midgets...........it's a plane! a manmade aircraft that transports people from airport to airport, you even see the green light on the wingtip at one point in the video. The bright orange glow is the setting sun reflecting off the craft, not thrusters, rockets or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The msm are the ones who said it was a missile,

not entirely true

it was a Retired Army Lt. General McTierney (spelling)
who said it was a missile. And you claim to know
more than the top brass in the US military?
geez, I am so tired of this debate across 5 threads
so I'll make my comments quick and be gone.

It was a missile

I'm out of here, no more debate for me.
Ya'll have fun

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

and for the love of treacle covered swedish midgets...........it's a plane!

It may be. I simply propose that we apply the same quality of inspection that we apply to all other unidentified flying objects. The difference here is that a claim is being made that is extremely testable. Some blogger asserts that planes routinely produce this effect.

So let's see if that's true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join