It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Russian spy defects after unmasking U.S. ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

A Moscow newspaper, Kommersant, has reported that a Colonel Shcherbakov, who ran Russia's deep-cover U.S. spying operations, was responsible for the spies' unmasking, and that he left Russia just days before the spy-ring arrests were announced June 28. Gennady Gudkov, a Russian lawmaker who sits on Pariliament's national security committee, has confirmed the Kommersant report.

"Do not doubt that a Mercader has been sent after him already." (Ramon Mercader was a Russian agent who assassinated Leon Trotsky in Mexico in 1940, after the exiled Bolshevik had fallen out with Stalin's regim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow! Old school russian spies and turncoats. This makes for a good read. What will this man tell the US? They have an assassin looking for him. How long will he last?? Im sure that Russia is very pissed at the moment. These are very interesting time we live in people. Very interesting indeed!

MessOnTheFED!

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What the hell? I still wish it was the 80's. This might be important then.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Wow! Old school russian spies and turncoats. This makes for a good read. What will this man tell the US? They have an assassin looking for him. How long will he last?? Im sure that Russia is very pissed at the moment. These are very interesting time we live in people. Very interesting indeed!

MessOnTheFED!

news.yahoo.com

It is interesting being in it, but not interesting just watching from the side lines.

Maybe you should start now..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Are you saying that i should become a Russian Spy?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

A Moscow newspaper, Kommersant, has reported that a Colonel Shcherbakov, who ran Russia's deep-cover U.S. spying operations, was responsible for the spies' unmasking, and that he left Russia just days before the spy-ring arrests were announced June 28. Gennady Gudkov, a Russian lawmaker who sits on Pariliament's national security committee, has confirmed the Kommersant report.

"Do not doubt that a Mercader has been sent after him already." (Ramon Mercader was a Russian agent who assassinated Leon Trotsky in Mexico in 1940, after the exiled Bolshevik had fallen out with Stalin's regim

I thought that may have been the case, that those spies where outed by one of their own. They made it like the spies themselves where careless and stuff like that, but if your getting trained to spy they don't want you to be found out easily unless they want you caught. This guy defected and what paid for the defection among other things was this spy ring. It looks like the cold war is still being fought.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Careless? nah... weren't they given some sort of commendation upon return?

*It does feel a bit like the old US/Soviet cloak and dagger stuff though...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I knew there had to be more to the story than what happened in June. Russian spies? Sounds like a cheesy 80's movie. Kinda amazing that this crap actually hapopens.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I wonder how long before the ricin pellet comes out of the umbrella?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Are you saying that i should become a Russian Spy?

MOTF!

You can perceive the message how ever you want to perceive it

Isn't it boring watching these events take place and watch these events through the eyes of someone else??

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This reminds me of many a Hollywood blockbuster

Definitely crazy that this stuff does actualy go on in real life!

For me, it's in-between The Hunt For Red October and The Sum Of All Fears.

Ooh your a corker Shannon...

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join