It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Russia Building 5000 More Nuclear Bomb Shelters In Moscow By The End Of 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Why Is Russia Building 5000 More Nuclear Bomb Shelters In Moscow By The End Of 2012?

endoftheamericandream.com

Russia certainly seems to be in a hurry to prepare for something. RT is reporting that 5,000 new nuclear bomb shelters will be constructed in the city of Moscow by the end of 2012. Russian authorities believe that these new shelters are urgently needed because the current nuclear bomb shelters will only hold approximately half the population and are quite outdated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Seems that an Huge Event, is just around the corner and Building 5000 bomb shelters in one city alone is a massive undertaking. Obviously they feel like building all of these shelters is important for one reason or another.
Why, when the "Cold War" is supposed to be over, are 5000 nuclear bomb shelters such an urgent necessity before 2012?
The Russia Today RT video news report about these new shelters...

So are they just being paranoid or are they several moves ahead of us?

What on the Horizon?
Dark Clouds... and radioactive?

endoftheamericandream.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed at www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Obviously they feel like building all of these shelters is important for one reason or another.

I doubt that reason is to protect it's citizens. I'd say it's to protect it's leadership, technology, special documents, and food and water supplies.

So are they just being paranoid or are they several moves ahead of us?

Who says they are several moves ahead of us? Just because we don't hear about it in the mainstream media doesn't mean the same preparations are not being made in the United States, or anywhere else for that matter.

What on the Horizon?
Dark Clouds... and radioactive?

Nuclear weapons are obsolete. They can destroy a city, but in order to cause death and destruction on a global scale, you must fire an insane amount of them. I would say a pandemic is much more likely if we go with the theory that depopulation is the goal.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you think america does not have underground bases i would suggest you are wrong.

I would think they are worldwide, just that we are not told about them.

2012 means nothing, but russia is just doing what all other countries probably have and are doing.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticguitar

Ok. Thanks.
But in this case the "SEARCH" button don't work.
I submit the same title on the search engine and no result.
However thanks again.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticguitar

Please leave the moderating to the moderators. I don't know how many times it has to be said before people get it that the staff allows there to be a topic in the breaking alternative news section and another section that deal with the same news article.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very interesting article and also very disconcerting. The lack of multiple super powers has been worse for the world than I would have guessed.

Also, and slightly ot with my apologies, why do the hands in the global revolution sig image have 6 fingers? Perhaps I look too closely at things...
edit on 11-11-2010 by Marid Audran because: turn guess into guessed

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Actually, historically, the Soviet Union had far more public shelters available to it's citizens in case of Nuclear War than the West ever did. They may have been a bunch of authoritarian gits, but they did think about their people, at least in this regard.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For what it's worth, here's the original RussiaToday article from July 12:

Moscow arms against nuclear attack

Published: 12 July, 2010, 21:42

Moscow authorities say the measure is urgent as the shelters currently available in the city can house no more that half of its population

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
how reliable / trustworthy is " russia today " ?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Interesting, I'd guess that most shelters in the West can also house no more than half the population but I don't see efforts to build more bomb shelters in the West. So you have to wonder what they are thinking about where the threat is coming from, not their US cold war rivals I suspect, but who?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They are not just building them in moscow but in isolated mountain areas plus roads to get to them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Because that's what big, bloated governments do to create jobs. They spend tons of money on pork barrel projects that create jobs, but does nothing to benefit the masses. It woops up nationalism for the motherland whilst boosting some politician's public standing.

That's why they are doing this.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I previously reported on this here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is ironic that in most European cities-cold war bunkers and command and control centres have been sold off and decommissioned.
Theres even lots been sold on ebay.
I have been following Russian preparations for many years.
They have countless underground facilities throughout the Country-many have been added since the 80s and 90s.
Preparedness extended to all the old FSU states.
Ukraine has some of the deepest metros in the world at over 100metres deep.

The recent forrest fires in Moscow regions show that smoke was still able to penetrate Moscow metros-so its not unreasonable to assume they would not offer much protection aside from blast.

The population of Russian Federation is only 147 million - Moscows population stands at around 10 million.
If you take away the pensioners and those unable to work - it leaves Russia very vulnerable.

Of course we know that if exchanges take place there wont be much left to come up to from down below.
While Nuke reduction treaties have been ongoing-Russia still has around 13,000 nukes against the US 7000+

More worrying is that they have increased range and target potential with their new missiles which can target 10 different ones.

Putin has accelerated the defence programme significantly in the past 3 or 4 years in every area from submarines to planes,ships and radar technology.
Does this look like a country who is not preparing ?
He has made cuts to tank forces and infantry-but he knows that he wont be needing tanks and AK47s to defend against Nukes.
Nostradamus,the bible and other phrophecies all say that Grog will be the instigator of WW3

Its hard not to be looking at these when you see whats going on.

top topics

join