It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa....On Sky-Map right now. Can someone Tell me What these Are?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
never been on before, but just got on tonight at behest of facebook acquaintance who says these are above his house. sky-map . his area code is 17022. here's some screen shots.

he's been watching them longer then i have and says they're moving. what are they? i'm sure someone knows. my guess is some kind of artifact of the program. but i don't know. so bizarre.
edit on 11-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Well it does look odd thats for sure.

How do I locate them in Sky-Map? I'd like to check it out.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

next to the search box that says 'find object' is a little ball that shows you what time it is. click on that. it should say "show stars above you now" and then have a little thing to enter your 'location' just type in 17022. its pennsylvania.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

bbs.keyhole.com...

Internal Telescopic Reflections - At least 100, ranging from huge internal reflections near the brightest stars in the Sky, to much smaller ones scattered around. The hardware in the inside of the telescope (the "spider" which holds the secondary mirror) is a dead giveaway. Two examples of the kinds of Reflections found in the Google Sky imagery are posted, then two pictures of a telescope "spider" for comparison:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

thanks! i just passed this on to the guy. haha. i knew someone would have a good answer.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
didn't see that, did see this

server4.wikisky.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

there are three ?cubes ? in this one zoomed out 2 clicks
server2.wikisky.org...

edit to add:
After posting this i went on cleverbot for a laugh, and got more than i bargained for....Sorry for the bot and the doom n gloom

User: Why are there cubes in the sky?

Cleverbot: It's technically not in the sky.

User: Why are there cubes in outer space?

Cleverbot: Why are there no dinosaurs at all.

User: Did the cubes kill the dinosaurs?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: When will the cubes be here?

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: Is there a way to stop the cubes?

Cleverbot: Yeah. As long as it's unprofitable, both economically and power-wise to the ones that wish it to continue.
edit on 11-11-2010 by BadBoYeed because:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well, since we're on the subject...
I've never really looked at this website because I can't make heads or tails of anything.. but i put in my info for the 'stars above me' and I found this strange red line... I have no clue what it is or could be... I thought it went on forever and then it just abruptly ends.. is it part of the site, or is it something in space??

edit on 11-11-2010 by casijones because: spelling grr

ETA: I found the top(?) of the line:

edit on 11-11-2010 by casijones because: added another image

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Good work Pauligirl.

Thanks for the link too.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

They are aircraft or satellite trails

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You really want to know what they are?
They are actually on earth not in the sky. Yeah i know sounds pretty ferked up dont it?
My heads been done in since i realised what i had done.

You want proof?
First i must ask you all for your patience. And a mod to actually tip up here in this thread because what im about to show you, or should i say show yourselves will be pretty mind boggling. Remember my Tree of life thread where i was ridiculed?
Well you are all going to love this one because i think i stumbled across something i dont think that i should have.
Stargates are real
Time travel is real
Disasters are in fact carefully placed at a specific place and time.

Now who on here can follow instructions?
Im going to make this very very basic as my last thread ended up me having my computer killed off.
So Mods please tip up here and i will show you how.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

if you wanna tell it i'm interested in hearing it

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You will be blown away with this but i cant tell yet. No its not an excuse i will chance to be kicked off here thats why i need support from mods and site owner. Im dropping my arse here because this is massive.
Have you got google earth ?

How do i make contact with mods or site owner?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

i can download google earth. mods and site owners just have normal profiles. i guess you should check with skeptic overlord first. i got class, i'll be back later but if you want to send me a private message that's fine with me too.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He's yanking your chain...

He has NOTHING...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Woah! that does seem strange I wonder what that is? I just started posting on this site but have been checking it out for years. I check it out at least for a few minutes every single day! Its nice to meet ya! NICE POST! Hope someone solves this one.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Right im going to make this very quick indeed as im having an absolute nightmare here my connection keeps going off so rather than me post right now im going to have tio be very quick indeed. Im assuming youve managed to download google earth?
Hopefully the answer is yes.Now i havent got long so have google earth iopen on other page ok?
Wind is proper picking up here in the uk so please forgive ok.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Someone else has already said it and it was obvious as soon as I looked at it - it's reflections from the internals of a Newtonian reflector telescope.

It may help if you see what a telescope looks like:

Edit to add:

That's why stars in photos often look like they have 'points' by the way, it's caused by the telescope internals.
edit on 11-11-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Infact i'll do it a different way then i will show you all properly tomorow because the earth has to be clocked in so that the sky moon and mars all ties in ok?
On google earth go to the top of the screen and switch to sky. Theres a tab with saturn, select sky.
Once you are on the sky screen you need to open thesidebar and then click on layers and open sky database
select backyard astronomy and cancel all off apart from the messier catalogue.
The only things visible on your screen should be the red messier ones? ok

At the top left search the following and zoom in and place a placemark on these ok.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the top left search the following then add a placemark and title them. These must be placemarked with a red star no other or it will NOT work.
Crab Nebula
Butterfly cluster
Wild Duck cluster
Trifid nebula
eagle nebula
Omega Nebula
Plaeides
Praesepe
Triangulum
Andromeda galaxy

On each of these add a place mark (red star)
Then zoom back out

top topics

<<   2 >>

join