It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connect the dots - missile & sub

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Considering what just came to me, I thought this should be in a new thread. We have all read about the mysterious missile launch off the California coast, and I am sure people have heard about the Chinese sub as well. Apologies if this has already been mentioned together, but this is a connection we cannot afford to ignore.

mystery missile

uninvited stealth sub

Is it really much of a stretch to assume that these events are related? Would it be safe to not consider the possibility (probability?) that they are related? Would Obama's people even admit it if this were the case? That he's out of the country right now (as another member pointed out) makes me more concerned.

Thoughts? Speculation?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
and how you conect the date? "Last updated at 00:13 10 November 2007" from the sub story?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Speaking of subs.........................

(NyTimes)-
Russian Subs Patrolling Off East Coast of U.S.
By MARK MAZZETTI and THOM SHANKER
Published: August 4, 2009

WASHINGTON — A pair of nuclear-powered Russian attack submarines has been patrolling off the eastern seaboard of the United States in recent days, a rare mission that has raised concerns inside the Pentagon and intelligence agencies about a more assertive stance by the Russian military.

The episode has echoes of the cold war era, when the United States and the Soviet Union regularly parked submarines off each other’s coasts to steal military secrets, track the movements of their underwater fleets — and be poised for war.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Speaking of subs.........................

(NyTimes)-
Russian Subs Patrolling Off East Coast of U.S.
By MARK MAZZETTI and THOM SHANKER
Published: August 4, 2009

WASHINGTON — A pair of nuclear-powered Russian attack submarines has been patrolling off the eastern seaboard of the United States in recent days, a rare mission that has raised concerns inside the Pentagon and intelligence agencies about a more assertive stance by the Russian military.

The episode has echoes of the cold war era, when the United States and the Soviet Union regularly parked submarines off each other’s coasts to steal military secrets, track the movements of their underwater fleets — and be poised for war.

www.nytimes.com...

and thats from
ublished: August 4, 2009

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I think maybe the OP was using the incident from 2007 to illustrate that a sub popped up undetected in one of our military exercises, and that maybe it happened again.........

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes it is,cookie for you noticing the date.
The date isnt the point,the event is.

Just becuase it was talked about then,does that mean such things still arent ongoing today?
Just something to think about.

It goes to show that countries can move their subs off of our shores.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Heres a sub spotted recently.
Idk if true.

Have fun with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The point is that they have subs we can't detect. Now we have a missile launch, which seems to have been from the ocean, at a time when China is complaining about Obama's dollar policies, and there is more tension than before. A stealth sub, undetectable, off the coast, could easily have been responsible for that launch. Plus, considering how blase Obama has been about terrorist attacks on our own soil (think Ft. Hood, etc), it's not hard to imagine him giving orders not to call this missile what it most likely was - a warning from China. Admitting such a thing would bruise his ego, and that matters to him more than the safety of the country.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Yes it is,cookie for you noticing the date.
The date isnt the point,the event is.

Just becuase it was talked about then,does that mean such things still arent ongoing today?
Just something to think about.

It goes to show that countries can move their subs off of our shores.

hehe ah oki....now i got it..thx for the cookie

well im sure this was some kind of rocket and not even close to a plane..

and im also sure there alot of subs outhere we dont know..but it seems
they wanna keep us on the plane or rocket story...so noone care WHO shoot the rocket

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Curiouser and curiouser. When I was searching for more links on your report, I came across this:

no idea if this is reliable

Makes a person wonder what else we are not being told!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I agree with you,alot of talk of what it is or isnt,but little to no talk of who.
If this is more than a plane or jet,than it should be looked into.

Our gov has already stated it wasnt us,soooo than who was it?

And where did the thing go?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I believe our nation's activity in world currency has all the other countries warning us.

Obama's over seas with the enemies, preaching goodness all around. Meanwhile, his boys back home are granting themselves a magical 600 billion out of this air.

If every country was a kid playing with imaginary super powers - naturally, the one that creates the most absurd super-power would ruin all the fun for the rest of them. If I was china, playing by the rules, i'd be pretty upset with america, maybe upset enough to talk to russia.

A.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
China does have a history of popping up every now and then.

Navy Chinese sub sighting 02/01/2010 FTVNews

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If it was a missile there would be an explosion,right?
So what...is the thing still in the air...was it a dud?
Isn't there some way to follow it and see if there's any signs of an explosion or something.

Mean,what goes up must eventually come down.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If it were a Chinese sub that launched a missle off our coast there would have been aircraft and ships on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dantas
If it were a Chinese sub that launched a missile off our coast there would have been aircraft and ships on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

If it was a sub we could not detect, no one would have known it was there till after a launch. If the missile wasn't armed, and simply fell into the ocean, by the time they knew about it, the sub could be long gone, and they would have to be searching the ocean for the missile. Very possible. Defense has failed in the past. Also depends on how close to anything we have in the area.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dantas

yeh,exactly.the military is way too quiet.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dantas
If it were a Chinese sub that launched a missle off our coast there would have been aircraft and ships on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Unless Norad and the rest of the millitary was told to "stand down",but thats just silly........wait,where have I heard that happening before?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Very possible that China told Obama they were sending a warning, and military leaders were told to "ignore" it, in the hopes that people would not pay much attention, and would forget the incident.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
In response to the OP:

There's really no way to be sure at this point, but I wouldn't suspect a Russian or Chinese nuclear submarine to perform a surface launch anywhere near that close to our shore.

I would suspect one of our own subs, coming from any number of naval bases on the West Coast, of conducting an ICBM firing test before I would a foreign military. IF this was indeed a missile launch, and not an optical illusion stemming from an incoming airliner, I would place the responsibility on our government. I know they admitted that they had "no idea" what caused this, but I have a feeling a nuclear powered submarine with nuclear ICBMs is something they don't want to openly discuss.

I'm not saying this is the truth, because like you all, I really don't know. I would just bet my .02 on any submarine-deployed missiles to come from one of our own.

That or someone decided to build their own nasa program...I find it odd that the object was not picked up on radar (to my knowledge), as NORAD would be lit up like a christmas tree if an ICBM-sized missile was airborne anywhere near our territory.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join