It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

What do you do for a living?

Why dont you tell me since you know how much I make?

Who are you to deem anyone as being "overpaid"?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's obvious, I can tell from your attitude that you make good money, and most probably more than you deserve from the arrogance of your posts.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Who are you to determine how much one deserves?

I'm 32, support my family, and feel I do pretty good in life.

4 years ago, I was homeless for a month, and called the back of my truck home. That crappy experience taught me a few valuable lessons, namely never rely on others and bust your ass to succeed. I never asked for help from anyone, be it an individual, or a governmental entity.

No college, grew up poor, I now have 2 jobs, one of which is a small web based business I own which provides the bulk of my income, and the other is bartending on weekends at a high end resort in Wisconsin. I bartend because 500 bucks a night is hard to say no to, and the job is a helluva lot of fun.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If you take advantage of, and abuse the idea behind public welfare, then you don't deserve to complain, and that's the bottom line.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Well fortunately for her, her husband now makes 95% of her households income, so she doesnt need to worry about making big bucks.

Instead of taking any job she could get, she just feels the need to inform everyone and every household pet that her job was outsourced to india.

It's really easy to criticize others while you sit there in an over-paid position.

Really? You know how much I make, or what I do for a living?

Enlighten me, what is it that I do for a living, and how much do I make?

edit on 11-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

Dude you need to come up with some new stuff, and quit with your weird attacks on ofhumandescent even by way of responding to other people, and in fact your not even on the same page as most people on this thread. Your arguing about some silly shint about working hard or whatever, and keeping your money, when they are arguing about why some things in this pyramid system don't work, and just in the end-up with a slave society in time. So unless you got an answer to the pyramid, and how we wont end up as a future India and another broken pyramid third world country, you should at least make an effort to make some point's.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Unless you have been through having your job outsourced, you really have no right to criticise those it has happened to.

"Landing on your feet" in life has as much to do with luck as it does with talent and effort. I wouldn't brag about it.

Pride comes before a fall.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow, the arrogance in this thread amazes me.

"Nurrrrgh, I KNOW THE GAME! I AM THE GAME!"

No one cares. You're still an absolute prick. There's absolutely no reason people should succeed in life by crapping on other people.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Dude, the answer is eliminating all government actions in our everyday lives.

No welfare for the person or the business. Elimination of all entitlement programs. Eliminate all unconstitutional expenditures.

The solution is putting more money into the hands of people by keeping governments hands OUT OF OUR POCKETS.

Disposable income is the key to rebuilding the economy. More government debt spending is not the answer.

No one deserves anything. No one has the right to be subsidized at the expense of others. Tough love is needed, and it is needed right now. People become complacent sitting at home and cashing their government check. Let them succeed or fail on their own, and I guarantee more will come out of this recession ahead, than those who choose to do nothing.

Everyone can whine about our economy being a pyramid scheme, but have you noticed that most of the people who complain about it are out of work, or low class folks?

People who whine about how unfair the system is, yet they are the very same ones who advocate more and more redistribution of other peoples money. How contradictory is that?

The economy is either going to collapse, or recover. Why not put yourself in the best situation possibler for either eventuality?

I laugh at all of these people who are sitting around and bitching on the internet about how they cant find a job, or how life is unfair, while at the same time they are ignoring the benefits of what some free time and an internet connection can provide.

There are countless tutorials all over for anything from graphic design, to web programming (php, etc etc), to the more difficult programming languages, and yet only a very small portion of our unemployed folks are actually using that to their advantage.

There are thousands of websites with job posting for freelancers doing either graphic design, or some simple php coding, and they are willing to pay cash. The sad part is that there are people available to do those jobs if they would only apply themselves a little bit. That would require actual effort, and bitching about how unfair things are is easier.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Having a job outsourced is the same as being laid off or fired. You are still out of work, and the reason doesnt matter.

Accept the fact you lost your job and move on.

Checking your emotions at the door is always a smart move.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Wow, the arrogance in this thread amazes me.

"Nurrrrgh, I KNOW THE GAME! I AM THE GAME!"

No one cares. You're still an absolute prick. There's absolutely no reason people should succeed in life by crapping on other people.

That is the problem with our form of capitalism.

Like I said, without compassion and understanding for those less fortunate, it should be called just pure, evil greed.

Look around you at what our society has become.

Greed is self-destructive.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Why is the notion of being compassionate with your own money and not forcing others to do so hard to understand for some people?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
this thread is just turning into a opposite thread to those who moan about unemployed people because they have been given money to stay alive.

it is not the person receiving the huge wage (unless you pay yourself) that is to blame for the way the system is, companies decide what to pay their staff, companies make their own money and provide jobs, so it is nobody's business what a company can pay their staff.

i lose hope in this world sometimes, you have the rich moaning about the scraps the poor are thrown and then the poor moaning about anybody being paid a wage which means they can enjoy life.

if anybody here was offered a job/new position, and the employer said that the salary was 300,000 a year, who would turn it down? "no, can you please pay me a normal wage as i do not deserve 300,000" "oh, really o.k. how about minimum wage" "yes that would be grand! thank you boss!"

it is not that those on 200,000 a year are paid to much, it is that those on minimum wage are paid to little, this is the scandal in my opinion, its the opposite end where the problem is.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

If someone wants to hire me for my skills, I have no problem charging them for the services I provide. Full-time, part-time, and contract opportunities are all welcomed. I spent thousands of dollars to obtain two degrees, so I can work for a corporation in order to bring in a boatload of cash. Within the next three years, I will be breaking into the triple-digits per year.

There is NOTHING you can do about it.

edit on 11-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Having a job outsourced is the same as being laid off or fired. You are still out of work, and the reason doesnt matter.

Accept the fact you lost your job and move on.

Checking your emotions at the door is always a smart move.

The reason DOES matter. Our economy is being shipped overseas by greedy CEO's so they can stuff their pockets with the profits from cheap labor and they are destroying this country.

You stated only the down and outers and the low life's wanted redistribution of wealth.

That's pretty funny considering Hank Paulson was on his knees begging for Washington to bailout his Wall Street buddies with $700 billion of OUR money.

If that is not redistribution I don't know what is.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
If this is you, then you are a PIG. (persons in greed) and do not deserve it.
Your a person who adds on extra taxes,interest,levys,file fees, handling fees,sr. charges,manipulate the market, steal,bribe,manipulate people or things,blackmail,lie,cheat,do not pay back,USE others money to make money,purposely make products to break or faulter early, do not pay your employees a reasonable wage, false pretenses,trickery,to water down,sell fakes,overwork the people for a low wage,USE TAX MONEY FOR PERSONAL GAIN,or stage dissasters so that a person has to buy more of your products or services. I'm sure there is alot more out there i am not listing. This is how a person in greed makes money and does not deserve to have. No matter the person, gov't,institution,religion,faction, buisness,or whatever. YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE. You need to be dealt with emmediately.

This is how mankind should live instead of the GREEDY WAY. LEARN, from above.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
People that earn a high income have obviously done a lot of work to get where they are so I feel they deserve it. Even if I feel that they didn't, my opinion shouldn't matter.

I have noticed that some of the people in the high income bracket aren't very compassionate, though, and seem to be cold to the world around them. That kinda sucks.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by byteshertz

I will be breaking into the triple-digits per year.

There is NOTHING you can do about it.

HOLD ME BACK!

I can't even REMEMBER the last time I made over $100 a year!

LOL!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Wrong. The reason does not matter.

The end result is you are still out of a job, the same you would be if you were fired, or laid off. Feel free to start your own business hire only people whose job was outsourced.

In fact, why havent you done that already?

Just an FYI kid. CEO's dont stuff their pockets with the profits, that is returned to the SHAREHOLDERS. There is no obligation on the part of a business to make peoples lives better. People dont go into business to make others happy, they do it to make a profit and to provide a nice return to their investors.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've arrived at a point in my life where I can honestly understand both sides of the issue in question. I work at a restaurant and I'm very much aware that my employer gets rich from my work while I struggle to make ends meet. So being a lower income person myself, I can certainly understand the frustration of those who are at the bottom of the social/economic foodchain.

But I also understand the mindset of the very successful types who don't want to be taxed into oblivion at the behest of class warfare proponents. I don't blame them. They've worked hard to get where they're at and they are certainly entitled to make as much money as they want.

I also understand why the class warfare tactics that are often cheered by lower income people are a really bad idea. I can think back to a time in my life when I had a really bad case of wealth envy. I was all about the idea of taxing the hell out of the rich to try to spread that wealth around. But then I realized that if not for the rich jerkwad who signs my paychecks...I wouldn't just be poor....I would be completely BROKE! That realisation caused me to rethink things.

You see...nobody goes into business for the sake of creating jobs out of the goodness of their heart. They go into business to make money. I know that's not what some people want to hear. But it's true. So we best just deal with the fact and move on. The love of money is, in fact, what creates the jobs that we work. There is no way around it.

We must also deal with the fact that wealthy business owners will do what they must to protect their profit margins and keep their businesses efficient and lucrative. If we impose heavier tax burdens on them, they will simply eliminate certain job positions to protect their profits. If we try to put limits on what they can make, they will simply take the money they have already made and go into early retirement. Either way, it just makes things harder on those of us who are already struggling. What good does that do?

Having said all that, I will also say that it would be very nice if those at the top of the social/economic foodchain would realise that not everybody can be there with them. It was already pointed out elsewhere in this thread that society would cease to function if not for those of us at the lower end of the spectrum. The wealth of the rich would not be of much use to them if not for the janitors, food service workers, cashiers, and others who make their lives so cushy and convenient. They might do well to consider that before telling us all to get better education and higher paying jobs if we want to live happy and comfortable lives.

You see...I'm fine with the fact someone like a doctor or business owner makes more money and therefore has nicer stuff than I do. I'm fine with that. I don't need a big house and a big screen TV and five hundred digital satelite channels. I don't need to drive an expensive car. I can get along just fine in a small apartment with basic internet service, and drive a small used car. I'm fine with that. I really am.

However, I do have a major problem with the fact that people have to struggle to maintain such a stripped down and basic lifestyle. Living a somewhat minimalist lifestyle is one thing. But living in fear of having what very little you do have yanked out from under you is quite another thing all together. And it doesn't take much. Car breaks down, job loss, unforseen health troubles, ect. For many of us on the lower end of the income chart, all it takes is one little unforseen problem....and POOF!!! What little we do have is gone.

So what is the solution? I honestly don't know. I don't have the answers. But I do know that wealth envy and class warfare will only make things worse for those of us who are already struggling. Perhaps rather than demanding higher wages or supplemetal incomes, we should be working on ways to reduce the cost of living for ALL people. That way, those of us at the bottom of the social/economic foodchain can at least be a little bit happier in our existence. If anybody has any idea of how that could ever happen, I'd sure love to hear it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
At the end of the day we are all drowning, the only way to survive is to hold someone else down to keep afloat - unless we all stop drowning each other in panic and work together to swim to the shore and that can only come from a new system.

You are responsible for your own lifestyle. Not me. Not my neighbor. Not my friends.

Existentialism is only obtained by those with a vision and drive to make it happen..

Welcome to Darwinism.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join