It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse 'The President' Ventura? Former governor says he could run -- and win -- in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Ventura/Palin 2012?

You think Jesse could put up with her as VP? Gore barely survived the Clinton years. And who was that idiot savant that served one term under Bush Sr.?

Anyhow, I think it might be the first time a sitting president strangled to death a vice-president.

Ventura/Paul? That might work!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I suggested a Ventura/Palin ticket because I think that Palin's popularity and standing in the Tea Party would be a big boost for his campaign. Paul could work too, but I don't know how his popularity stacks up against Palin. Besides, everything changes during campaign season. Ventura could compromise and accept Palin as his running mate, especially once the spin doctors get to work and erase America's memory of the previous four years (as they do every election season). Palin could be scrubbed clean, her record in the TP emphasized, and she really could be a viable candidate in 2012.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wonder if we have any members from Minnisota that can chime in here on if he was any good or not. What he did for the state or what not.

I am still waiting to see his show about who really killed Kennedy. If he can survive that he will definitely be a hero in the little mans eyes anyway. Would bring him a lot of clout as well. He doesnt strike me as a man to jump through hoops because someone tells him too or else...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Git_r_dun
Reply to post by Misoir

lol VP Hulk Hogan, secretary of state Bill Goldberg, secretary of defense Sgt Slaughter, homeland security Big Bossman

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Those "professional wrestlers" would make much better elected officials then the "professional crooks" that we usually see in politics.

I'll take a professional wrestler over the usual politician any day. Hmm, in fact, I would actually even vote in a high-school dropout over those professional crooks we have in politics. Thats quite sad, but heck, its hard to argue that the dropout wouldn't in fact do a MUCH better job then them.

edit on 9-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: TYPO

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ATS should delve deep, back into their John Lear days, and get Jesse Ventura on ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I spent some time in Minnesooooota while Jess was the Gov. He was a character and while in office had quite a following. The best thing about him was each Friday he had a radio call-in show, "Lunch With The Governor" where anyone could call in and ask questions. I had many interesting lunchtimes. Like I said, he's quite a character.

Seriously, during his last year as Gov, the state had a budget surplus and he returned the surplus to the residents of his state. The next year the state ran a deficit and the state has been chasing money ever since. Many are still debating whether this was a good decision or not.

More importantly, knowing his personality and how he handles himself, TPTB would be pulling out from storage a Mannlicher-Carcano to celebrate his election as President of the United States. They would not put up with his schtick for a New York minute. I'm sure his TV series pissed off quite a few people in the wrong places.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Oldnslo because: Short addition to post

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
he has my vote
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think a better ticket would be Ventura/Nepalitano..... I think palin is a shill and a tool of the establishment used to try and coopt/contaminate the tea party movement.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
I think a better ticket would be Ventura/Nepalitano..... I think palin is a shill and a tool of the establishment used to try and coopt/contaminate the tea party movement.

And Napolitano isn't. The job of Director of Homeland Security is without a doubt a bit above her pay grade and she looks like a duck out of water trying to fill the shoes.

Jesse's too much of a straight shooter to have a FOS mealy mouth like her associated with his administration.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ventura has a shot to win the POTUS, if he runs. And that is a damned shame.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would vote for Jesse in a heartbeat, the man has more guts than most, to stand up and point the finger at our government for 911. Jesse would be the best thing this country needs right now. I can see Jesse doing some real house cleaning in congress and by ordering a new outside independent investigating on 911 with subpoena power.

I believe Jesse would win in a landslide, American are sick and tired of no accountability in our government. Americans are sick of our Republicans and Democrats all working for the same interests.

Most people do not trust their government because most of them are completely corrupt.
Jesse would bring in change, change we can count on.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Are you sure you didn't campaign for the current POTUS ? Look what happened last time "Most people" voted for change .

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by impressme

Are you sure you didn't campaign for the current POTUS ? Look what happened last time "Most people" voted for change .

Sure, the status quo is working just fine.

Like I said earlier, he wouldn't have a chance............. unless he sold out. If he did, status quo. If he didn't, dead man.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think I have the answer to the end of all this madness. Canada invades the US = Canada annexes the US = No more two-party BS = Bret Hart can legally run for POTUS (not that you need to be American to do so anyways
). Just saying.

If you guys don't like any of the options you are facing for 2012, just let me know and I'll call up the entire Canadian Army (me and a couple of my buddies- a small militia really- oh and Bret Hart himself), and we'll have Washington, DC by day break.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He would have my vote as long as he didn't run as a republican or democrat. I would think he would at least start an investigation into 9/11, and wouldn't be tied to either political party. He comes across as a straight shooter even though he'll need to cut his hair to gain votes from conservatives.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i wouldn't vote for him and that tells you how much he thinks of bloomberg " if you finance it i would run"

ventura is a moron a fruitcake a whackjob and has no clue.

ventura couldn't win and it's a pipedream.

i'd rather have rowdy roddy piper as president than that schmoe.

i know our politicial process is a joke but this takes the cake.

The president who wears the wrestling suit makes better fit than the jackasses who wear suits of fiction.

Long live Jesse.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If he won ... think of the access ... BEST season of Conspiracy Theory ever!!!!

Seriously though, it's time for people to start voting for real people that actually give a # about their country. A wave of grass roots word-of-mouth campaigns for small time, honest guys and gals would totally sideswipe the establishment.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I would vote for him in an instant!!

That being said, I figure he already had a target on his back from the Wall St./ Bildenburg episode. This just painted another target on his back. I hope he cases his house before he enters it every time.

Enjoy this season of CT, I expect it to be the last!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I would ditch Palin and vote for Jesse.

He would be a super president.

First time I heard about the visit from the CIA when he won the governor election. That is even more of an indication that he would be the man to vote for. I hope he runs.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Jessie has stated in many interviews that when he won Governor of Minn, that the CIA visited him and tried to intimidate him. He said they told him, "You weren't supposed to win. Tell us how you did it." As in the election was fixed and he had some secret manner in winning other than just a good campaign and some respect from the voters.

If Jesse won President, all hell would break loose in TPTB! They would either kill him or be sent scrambling for the hills. He would immediately disclose anything that he could safely disclose. He would not be intimidated by the supposed "powers" in DC.

If he won, and if he survived, politics would never be the same!

That is a good enough reason for me to vote for him!! Anything that upsets the sorry azz status quo in DC!

Yeah, because life is a comic book fantasy where the wrestler super hero is taken on by the evil government super villain.

GROW UP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join