It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sensations/notions (Poss related to Time Slips/Shifts) ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Okay so here's the thing... I recently wrote a post here trying to find more information on "Time Slips/Shifts" or whatever you'd like to call them as quite frankly (as far as I knew then) I'd never heard much about them prior to what I watched in order to get me interested in them, in the first place over the past week or two (It was an ep of Ghost Hunters Live if you must know lol).

Anyway... The more and more I've read up on peoples "experiences" of Time Slips and/or peoples recollections of things not "feeling right" in the balance of time as we know it or whatever... I've begun to realise that I have in fact known about Time Slips all along and have in fact experienced one, perhaps two as well as some of the notions people attribute to them; on several occasions, personally.

I'm trying to recall when this might have started but, I do know there's been experiences I've had when a "memory" will come flooding back to me and I'll turn to my mum or my dad and say "Do you remember when..." etc etc and they'll look at me funny and say things like "No, that never happened" or "I don't know this person" (when in actuality as I know them they were known to me as "uncle" or "aunt" whatever and were great friends of the parents. You know the kinds of people I mean, right?)

Or there'll be times when I'll have a "memory" and recollect it with the family; perhaps about something that happened when I was a toddler and my brother (a lot older than myself) will scoff, laugh and explain to me that never happened to me, it happened to him as a child, beginning to question how I could even KNOW that story or asking who told it.

I also saw the "breaking news" of Diana and Charles' divorce on the Television one night around 7:30pm; told my mum and she didn't believe me... I was adamant that it had been on the T.V and we searched through all the channels but could not find anything on it -- One week later, at the exact same time I ran upstairs the week previously, they announced the divorce on the news.

I'm also still living under the impression that Saddam Hussain was never hanged because I don't recall it; and the "Mobile phone footage" of it that I'm seeing everywhere I recall being "debunked" as a hoax... Or, again is that a misleading timephrase for me??

At night, when I go to bed sometimes (this could easily probably be explained away by my brain/senses shutting down etc I know) but it feels as though the entire world gets muted out. Now, I normally sleep with the hallway light on and my TV down low (childhood thing) and I normally have ESPN or Sky Sports News playing in the background but sometimes even though I'm still soundly awake everything just goes silent and I will feel myself realising it, it just goes dead - But I can 'turn it all back on' as it were and the sound just comes back again!

At other points I'll be laying there, slowly drifting off and the muting will start but then suddenly I'll hear the sound of what I describe as "cheering" - Say for example you're watching a footie / soccer game and your team's just scored but you have the TV on mute... Then you unmute it for literally 0.5 of a second while the crowd is roaring at the goal scored... That's what I'll hear. A little like static in a way. I actually believe I might have written a post in regards to that earlier this year or sometime last not sure.

There's also the experience I had when for an entire straight week I was getting texts off someone who claimed they knew me and wanted to know why I hadn't come into work (I was still in Uni at this point, didn't have a job) They knew my full name, my age and said we were very good friends/colleagues. -- The thing was I didn't know the phone number and when I decided to dial it rather than txt back asking this person to please stop texting, I got an unobtainable number and it never happened again. (Sidenote: I've not yet, to this point, worked for the company this person said we did nor have I met someone with the same name as this person).

There's a lot more I can talk about which at this point has slipped my mind however but yeah I wanted to share these with you and just maybe kick up the dust on the whole Time slip/shift thing once more here. I considered posting it in a couple of diff' topics here but didn't wanna hijack those threads...

Anyone else had anything remotely similar to these experiences?

-A55A551N.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Yes, this has happened to me. I awoke with the sensation that someone had purposely the underside of my bed and I it scared the crap out of me since I immediately figured someone was in my room. Upon realizing nobody was there, I could not figure it out for the life of me.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
lost my keys once. had then on the counter, looked there, they were not there. went upstair then came back down and they were there. I live by myself.

I also lose alot of guitar picks, finger nail clipers, and beer turns up missing in my refrigerator. i buy all of them in bulk but no mater what they always go missing. TIME SHIFT? you decide........

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I had a strange feeling about this just last saturday night, as I was discussing this whole 2012, David Wilcock Theorie and as I got to the point where I was thinking and talking about how to get to the point where time is 3-dimensional, just at the point where I thought I got the point, I forgot the sentence I was sayin and literally stopped right with a "M" on my lips... I asked my friend what I just said, he looked coinfused and seemed to remember a strange "clicking" sound in his ears, but he also couldn't remember the sentence... It was the same discussion in which I would later just say things, that made perfect sense, but as I said them I actually I realized, that I didn't say them, aS I wouldn't understand what I've said at this moment... I seem to have channeled somehow...strange night...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hmm interesting you write this. I had one today in class, I believe I had a cold or something so my nose was running like mad. Left the class for tissue and what not and came back to class when I got back I'm not sure what happened. Just had this strange sensation "tickling" my brain [I guess would be the best way to say it?] and after that my eyes seemed like they were widened and I was more alert. At the same time though I felt dislocated from the class. The time I left the class was roughly around 12:40 by the time I came back it was around 12:45 [the time stamp is before those sensations]. I guess as I sat in the chair my mind began to wander from time to time and then focus back on the lesson, so it felt as if I were multi-tasking in my mind while having the cold disrupt a thought here and there. By the time I looked at my cell phone which I swear felt like only a 20 minutes had passed it was already 1: 35.

For the time I was sitting there I almost have no recollection of what was going on, though I vaguely remember some things here and there.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess I can relate. I only recently, from a passing comment on ATS, learned that a second space shuttle exploded. That would be Columbia and I have only the memory of the Challenger disaster. Challenger is etched in my memory the way JFK's assassination is etched in the memories of my parents' generation. So losing a second space shuttle is not something I think I would easily forget or fail to acknowledge. I can only guess I have a worse middle age memory than I ever realized or something else would account for me knowing of only one space shuttle disaster. I'll concede that it is more likely I knew and simply forgot than I shifted times or dimensions somehow. But it really does bother me.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I am really interested in this topic and the more I delve into it, the more It seems to happen to me. Like for instance, since like last thursday I have been going to the nearest Borders store everyday to get some coffee and work on my schoolwork because well, every time I crack open a book here or try to work, a cat is plopping down on my book or keyboard!!!!

Anyway daily for almost a week straight and the sign at the cafe has always had the prices listed from L to S from left to right respectively, anyway I always thought this was cooky you know?
I always thought why don't they go from S to L left to right like everybody else? Well today I went to Borders with my two girls and we went into the cafe and the sign is now from S to L left to right...

Sure they could have changed the sign, but it still has me wondering if I am in a different alternate reality!!!! But that is not all tonight by the corner store caddy cornered on the corner was a newspaper box (you know where you put in a quarter and get a newspaper out) that was never there before I mean why would they have one there when you can just go into the corner store and get the same newspaper for the same price????

Anyway that is the two things today! I am seeing more and more changed things!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your responses they've been interesting.

Although ldyserenity... I'm kind of confused why a menu would go from S-L? When L comes before S anyway? Or, am I missing something? lol.
edit on 11-11-2010 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
Thanks everyone for your responses they've been interesting.

Although ldyserenity... I'm kind of confused why a menu would go from S-L? When L comes before S anyway? Or, am I missing something? lol.
edit on 11-11-2010 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

S being small and L being large....so lowest to highest price, however they had it backwardsfor almost a week straight going from highest Large size to lowetst price Small size, just in the US I have always seen small to large, and not the other way.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sure am right there with you. Luckily, my wife is completely understanding of these episodes. Before she came along, I really couldn't tell anyone without being told I was "crazy". I've come to accept the memories just fine now. Of course, I still can't discern which ones are adherent to "this" timeline, but I also do acknowledge that some of these memories still contain valuable lessons applicable to a relavant situation.

Time Slips, I believe, are so common, that most people can't even realize them. All to often, we usually just shake our heads and say something like "Well, I must have remembered it wrong." It's too easy for us to find fault with our minds rather than consider the possibility of a time slip.

Did you see the video on youtube about the people who had a slip in France in the 70s or 80s? It's very cool.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Oooh my bad! I thought you meant the menu item of choice. That makes much more sense now lol... Wow, that is kind of trippy.

But did you make the comment out loud at all, where it could have been overheard and the silly cafe owners who'd done it wrong in the first place, took your indirect advice?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Yeah I've had several experiences like that... For example I am SURE I remember Nelson Mandela being executed not released but part of me convinces myself I'm OBVIOUSLY wrong for he is still with us today... But, I also recall hearing about the death of Archbishop Desmond Tutu as my drama teacher (her name was Anna Scher) was actually good friends with him and I swear she was devastated about this...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Can you post a link to the youtube vid about the timeslip in France please ?
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How odd, I was just going to look for a thread that was posted about people thinking they were sure someone was dead only to find out they weren't, or how islands have moved, (New Zealand I think it was). It happened to me today. I could have swore Ed Asner (from the Mary Tyler Moore shows) had died, but nope, according to the radio his birthday was today and hes alive and well.

My wife and I seem to remember or not remember things all the time too. I have to say that has lead to some curious conversations as well....

ops forgot to mention, there is a thread about the french story, and dang if I didnt just delete it out of myats just 2 days ago. or I'd point you to it.
edit on 15-11-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just have to post this as my wife just got home and I asked her if she remembered hearing Ed Asner had died. She had a instant yes and added I think it was about 6 months ago... can was say strange???

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Nah, never commented out loud about it, but still I am sure someone else probably did, Unless when I go back tomorrow and it's from large to smal again and that would really bug me out lol!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2010 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

Finally got it.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Divine Strake because: 1.21 Gigawatts

edit on 16-11-2010 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You know I have actually been putting off posting this one... for one because I don't know what it was, or where I should put it, it could be put in ufo forums or here in this thread...I will tell you why.
About a year and a half ago down at the corner store across from it directly this thing with white lights was sat it was huge and kind of looked like a tower like the ones with red lights that guide planes, but it was white lights it was either curved or gave the appearance it was curved ( I might add their are these plane towers further back in that same area) however it was there out of the blue one night and I was like What is that?!!!!
I would go back every night to see if it was still there... and suddenly when it became the norm to see it, it vanished again, now I HAD pointed this out to a friend the first night I saw it as we were together. She doesn't even remember it being there!!! Or me showing it to her or her asking what the heck it was!!!!!

So was it a big reality shift or was it a spaceship on it's side (which is what it kinda resembled)? And what if it was a spaceship did it erase her memory of seeing it? And if it did, why not mine, too? SO I am leaning towards a reality shift here. But I'm still scratching my head over that one!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Yeah I've had several experiences like that... For example I am SURE I remember Nelson Mandela being executed not released but part of me convinces myself I'm OBVIOUSLY wrong for he is still with us today... But, I also recall hearing about the death of Archbishop Desmond Tutu as my drama teacher (her name was Anna Scher) was actually good friends with him and I swear she was devastated about this...

Interesting...When did Anna Scher talk about this?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

It would have been at least 6yrs ago because that was around the time the drama school "closed" as it were.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join