It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
...of Fahrenheit 9/11 coming to an Air Force Base?? Particularly Andrews AFB?? Im thinking they wont air it because its antiBush. I hope they do because its so much cheaper on base...3$

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Andrews AFB?

In what city?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Have their been films with intense political views presented on Air Force Base's before, dlm?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dont know...only been here a year and a half.

I called up the ticket place on base...and asked...but they just hung up on me...they probaly got asked that alot or something.

Its not in a City. It is its own self sustained city.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i live one an army base and they're not showing it here or in any of the surrounding towns.
i'm not sure how it works..is the theater owned by the military? or is it an independant company located on post. if it's owned by the military, then they might not even be allowed to show anything anti-bush. i think that it's owned by the military here, but i could be wrong.... you have to stand for the national anthem before movies...that doesn't have anything to do with it, i just find it strange.

chances are you're gonna have to do some driving or wait for the video.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I had a friend of mine stationed in Germany, and the base wouldn't show 'Three Kings' when it came out, because 'it was bad for morale'. I was in Korea at the time and they showed it there. I think it's up to the base commander.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why would the USAF run a film on its bases that is clearly anti-USA. Remember even theater chain owners won't run this film because they consider it over-the-top even for a political film.

Any competent movie maker can create a film to prove almost anything, particularly if the director is willing to throw in untruths, half-truths and misrepresentations. Most such directors only go so far as to show the misrepresentations, but few are willing to showcase a wagon load of outright lies.

Moore went too far with his film. It will be a financial success by catering to the passions of the anti-Bush crowd, but the film is certainly not a "documentary" in the generally accepted sense of the word.

Moore has created a new genre, the "crockumentary."

Critic 01A
www.onealclan.com

new topics

top topics

join