It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK, now they're still saying they have absolutely no idea what it was and they have checked with everyone, and still no answers. Fox news.

GreenEyedLeo, maybe you should tell the guy you know, that they are actually saying they don't know if this is a threat or not now. He should tell someone something if he knows something, NORAD, or Northcom or someone.

They don't even know if it was accidental or on purpose.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Chuck Nash USN ret. Captain "Somebody knows what's going on, they're just trying to figure out how to explain it......It's a head scratcher.........They're parcing they're words."
"Space base system we have detects and tracks these type events.....They know."

link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
Could this be a sattelite thrown up in a rush response to a developing situation with some type of defensive surveillance capability?

While rare, launching a satellite towards the west (retrograde orbit) is possible, but it is an expensive endeavor as it requires a lot more fuel to get the object into space. There also needs to be a reason to do this, which we have not yet heard.

link   
This one got all the media attention because it was filmed, another one was launched a few days ago in Scotsdale Arizona.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2, they need to explain 2!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
OK, now they're still saying they have absolutely no idea what it was and they have checked with everyone, and still no answers. Fox news.

GreenEyedLeo, maybe you should tell the guy you know, that they are actually saying they don't know if this is a threat or not now. He should tell someone something if he knows something, NORAD, or Northcom or someone.

Im watching it on FOX and they even said that based on Space Based Systems and personnel - they obviously know what it is - just as I have been trying to say
but they wont release what it is. Sometimes things are classified and top secret

link   
THERE IS A UFO APPARENT IN THE FOOTAGE!

Please excuse me if I'm at all crossing into spam territory. As I stated I'm new here and I'd like to lay out something. About 2 weeks ago this happened.

adept2u.blogspot.com...

We all know this happened

adept2u.blogspot.com...

Please look at 1:35 of this Youtube of an MSM account of this incident.

www.youtube.com...

At about 3:00 o'clock relative to the object is a cylindrical flying device. If it is a helicopter it must be of the twin rotor variety and it must have been prepostioned to observe. Which again repeats the question WTF!

link   
Look a ballistic missile launch! It must be a missile as it is coming up from the ground! Call NORAD!

blog.chicagoweathercenter.com...

Perspective, perspective, perspective!

I've just tuned into Fox News and can't believe the hype that a lit aircraft contrail can generate.?

TJ

link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Im watching it on FOX and they even said that based on Space Based Systems and personnel (his job @ 2sws) - they obviously know what it is - just as I have been trying to say
but they wont release what it is - yet? Sometimes things are classified and top secret

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by woogleuk

It is a local affiliate of CBS news, I would give it credence. They filmed the launch from a news helicopter.

Seems legit to me.

True. It was reported on a national news show also. CBS Early Show.

Are they still reporting this at all? I have a feeling the government told the media to "zip it".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

On 12 sec there is a plane flying in front of the missile would it be a jet or passengerairliner?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by krashx6
This is now the TOP story on Google news...
news.google.com...

Also they removed "missle" from the title so it just says contrail now.

Cover up...It was a missile, plain as day.

link   
I'm inclined to believe it was a show of force, specifically of our fancy airplane based laser system. Are we sure the big jet isn't the ABL?

Could also be a show of force in a different manner. Could it have been a warning shot across the bow of our President? A little, "while you're away we've got control" kinda thing?

link   
Are we 100% sure it was launched from sea?

If not is there any possibility that if it was really a missile launch, and it was ground based, that if it was a large enough (with all the talk of icbm's) missile it would have created even slight seismic activity that may have been recorded? If so, maybe someone who knows how to dig through seismic records around that time can find some correlation.

link   
They know, they are just trying to figure out how and or what to tell us. Just think, if this was a show of force from other than the US, how would American citizens respond. Better yet, how would America respond? This could be a scramble to save what is left of our world economy. Ominous.

link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
While rare, launching a satellite towards the west (retrograde orbit) is possible, but it is an expensive endeavor as it requires a lot more fuel to get the object into space. There also needs to be a reason to do this, which we have not yet heard.

Well, we all know that our government has absolutely no regard for the value of money or cost of an endeavor and as for some shady reason to throw another spy satelite in orbit . . . lets just say we need to find a good hiding spot where we can 'find' those nasty nuclear bombs buried in the Iranian desert so as to justify turning most of that country into and ashtray.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Why would they conduct a top sceret or classified test 35 miles away from LA arguably one of the most tech covered cities in LA, as well why do it just before dark, why not wait for dark? Im not expecting you to answer those points but they questions that would make the whole thing amatuer hour.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like a deja vu...

Unknown missile... We don't know who launch it.
Ohh wait, this is *******!!
Let's start war.

What a good timing for Obama to be out of the country, again.

link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by SeanU
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

What does this mean? Did they close the airspace after the launch? What is W537? What are non-participating pilots?

pilotweb.nas.faa.gov...

link   
Seriously, Phage, where are those radar reports?
Or, news were faked?

link   
Seriously, Phage, where are those radar reports?
Or, news were faked?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join