It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we[the USA] ever goes to war...I hope they don't tie up our soldiers with rules

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Yup...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The US has been at war for the last 50 years. And yes war is war, whether they actually declare it or not the results are the same.

(YellowTimes.org) - Americans fail to realize that, for the last 50 years, their country has been at constant war. Since World War II, the American government has been pressuring countries across the globe to join the economic system of free trade capitalism. Until the fall of the Soviet Union, the U.S. was in constant competition with the economic system of the Russians. This competition resulted in perpetual conflict; both the U.S. and the Soviets wrestled for control of countries around the world. This often meant that the U.S., despite its outspoken belief in democracy, often orchestrated coup d'etats against democratically elected leaders only to further U.S. influence and weaken the power of the Soviet Union.

www.rense.com...

And the US has just about achieved its goal, just got to get them pesky middle easterners to join in the mess. Your government does nothing but support its capitalist system at the expense of the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Hope

You don't even get what i'm saying...have we been at TOTAL-War?

"my government supports blah-blah blah"
It ain't me, I have no say in what they do, I can object and protest..but meh

We've been in conventional wars.. not total wars.
Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army. It is normally fought using conventional weapons, not chemical, biological, nor nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
reply to post by DuceizBack

Dude, I've been in "Total War". It only take a few seconds to experience "Total War" I've also been a block away from "Total war" and really didn't feel apart of it till I saw the carnage afterward. It sucks to see a child from the chest up with nothing identifiable below it. Yes we have been doing Total war for 7 years. It is all about perspective. You need some.

I almost befriended you for this post...

You are damn right Khaaaaaaan...and anyone who thinks we are "not at war", or that there is some definition between "total war" and what we are at now...surly needs to rethink their ideas out better.

I'm sorry...but the title (and the disposition) of this thread's OP, is out of wack..."totally out of wack".

To the OP- Good luck thinking the way you are thinking. It shows you know nothing of "total war".

edit on 7-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

We've been in conventional wars.. not total wars.

Wow...what an amazing box you must live in. Hundreds of thousands dead, countless dollars gone, scars that will never heal in your lifetime...

But from your cozy realm, you classify this as "not total war"...

I see...well perhaps you should sit down and have a long and educational talk with the families that have lost "total children" to this war on both sides...or better yet, maybe you need to witness this "slight war" firsthand...I'm sure then you would not have the sad luxury of waving these wars aside as "not total".

Good luck out there...you will need it.

PS- I KNOW what your saying by the way...I'm just ashamed you are saying it.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well I don't get, or agree, with what is 'total' war, to me once a gun is fired by a countries military against another country then it is total war.

Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional military weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opposing army. It is normally fought using conventional weapons, not chemical, biological, nor nuclear weapons.

War is war, there is no 'total war', I mean who makes that distinction, you? The rules don't change because of the size of the battle. Conventional warfare generally just means it uses no mass destruction weapons, i.e. conventional weapons. Nothing to do with 'total war'.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is a difference as I just pointed them out.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I just pointed it out, if you don't get it by now...then..good luck biting your elbow.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Read my previous post about total war

LoL @ "you"
I haven't done nothing.
edit on 7-11-2010 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

You haven't done anything...that was a double negative.

By "you" I mean that "YOU" are responsible ultimately, for what your government does in your name. I find it sad that, whenever asked, Americans always use the "wasn't me" excuse. Your government is made up of people that REPRESENT you...not just you, but all Americans. So by extension, the blood of these MILLION + people is on your hands as much as the people who pulled the trigger.

It's not a good idea to assume what I advocate without asking me.

edit on 7-11-2010 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

I did not "assume" anything...if you go back and read my post again you will realize that I was asking for some clarity as to what exactly you were advocating by starting this thread. Read it again carefully, and you will see the truth in that. I am still waiting for you to give me some sort of coherent argument here to support your position.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If the US ever goes to war?...................wait did I experience a timeline shift?

We have been at war for 7 years where I come from.

Actually, the US isn't at war, the US Military is.

The rest of the US is at the mall.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You are a F'en sissie for not using your nuke to destroy the whole of Afghanistan, problem solved.

Now you are getting a$$wooped and asking Hindus and Russians to help you out

FAIL@@!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Where would you like to see this 'Total War" where everyone is a target?

Last I heard the US is involved in military action in Iraq and Afghanistan.
In both countries the US is supposed to be helping the locals take control of their country.
Not fight the entire population as you would have it!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If? huh . . .didn't expect that one!
Who wrote that stuff!? Murder has absolutely no place in war!

War is hell only because no one's at home to tend their crops. . .wait. . .there are no more crops, I forgot.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There are basic rules that you must follow in a war - not to keep it civil, but to keep it unified. I would never be on the "same team" as someone who uses civilians as mine-sweepers or fights in a manner I consider "savage" and beneath human. There would be some rather lengthy reports of "friendly fire" if I had to put up with people going to completely bonkers with a lack of rules and restrictions on brutality.

On one hand, yes, civilians have no business getting involved in the military judicial and penal system - however, the military should be bound to rules of conduct during war. Civilian casualties are part of war - but we stopped carpet bombing several city blocks when we had the ability to hit only relevant targets. We should not expose ourselves to excessive risk because it is a 'civilian' not paying attention to signs at a checkpoint - but we shouldn't just devolve into savagery.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Actually, the US isn't at war, the US Military is.

The rest of the US is at the mall.

That is exactly right. They put on their uniform, and do their job to the best of their ability.

so that you can go to the mall. At least you understand the truth....................... have fun at the mall

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Total war is when countries focus most of their production into the war effort. Like the allies and axis during WW2. If this was total war, I would expect conscription to be in place.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I too hope that American soldiers can experience the thrill and glory of unfettered warfare, so that they may return to their country mere brute animals, tearing up their wives and children for barbecue meat, eating their fathers and raping their mothers, burning their neighbours and carving up their enemies in gruesome displays of the most vicious martial art of all, butchery.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

So you're saying that the founding fathers of your country did those things?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Obviously not, even when they duelled to the death they followed rules of etiquette, like all good fops.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That is exactly right. They put on their uniform, and do their job to the best of their ability.

so that you can go to the mall. At least you understand the truth....................... have fun at the mall

Funny, can't remember what the mall looks like. Just got back from A-stan. How about you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join