It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we[the USA] ever goes to war...I hope they don't tie up our soldiers with rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Look how stupid that head-line is?
"Is murder a reality of modern-day warfare?"

Like really? People expect war to be done with kisses, and hand shakes?
Smh!
If we ever go to war, we'll lose because of sissies holding our soldiers back.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
haha modern warfare. I bet Vietnam was alot worse than anything going on today.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Of course the U.S. military plays by "rules." If not, they would just unleash nuclear, chemical, biological, and any other forms of mass destruction. How else can a guy with a vest bomb, RPG, and AK-47 stand up to the mighty U.S.? The United States is in the business to have war, not win it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

That's what i'm saying...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If the US ever goes to war?...................wait did I experience a timeline shift?

We have been at war for 7 years where I come from.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
“If the USA ever goes to war...I hope they don't tie up our soldiers with rules”

What exactly are you advocating here? That our soldiers should not be constrained by any rules or just some? If just by some which ones are you saying our soldiers shouldn’t have to follow?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

The US is not at war. There was no declaration of war on the part of Congress. So that tends to muddy up the waters big time and why the problems of what to do with all of the combantent prisoners that is in US custody right now. If there was a declaration of war, then the Geneva convention would apply on both sides, but right now it is a grey area of the law.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
I'm saying, people expect us to go to war, and have everybody come back alive... like wtf? Read the head-line of the video I posted.

That isn’t the argument you’re making with the title of the thread and in your opening post.

The video you posted is talking about ‘murder’ in the context of people who are clearly not engaged in the hostilities, in this particular case journalists, not insurgents. But your main point is about rules, is it not? I don’t see exactly how the video, what you have said now and your issue with ‘rules’ are connected.

I’m sorry if I’m not understanding your point, but can you elaborate?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Dude, I've been in "Total War". It only take a few seconds to experience "Total War" I've also been a block away from "Total war" and really didn't feel apart of it till I saw the carnage afterward. It sucks to see a child from the chest up with nothing identifiable below it. Yes we have been doing Total war for 7 years. It is all about perspective. You need some.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree war is hard to fight in this manner but there do still need to be rules.

As far as the video. Reporters know they are in danger but just feel they got the right to be there in harms way. So they die. At the same time yes footage is good. But how many films have these reporters showed us where they are in fact with the enemy filming them fighting against us? How do I know from this film this was not the case? I don`t so have to accept the possibility it was justified more then not.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Wtf @ Rules....god..lol if we're going to hinder people we might as well not even go to war, and just settle it during the olympics.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well I hate to be the one to break it to you but the US is at "war". Not just in one country, but two. Iraq and Afghanistan. In reality you might as well say that you are at "war" in 3 countries, as there are forward operating bases and drones operating in Pakistan as well. I use "war" in quotations, because a formal declaration of "war" was never made. But I digress...

So what exactly is the point of this thread? What exactly are you advocating here? That the US Military should be able under this "total war scenario" of your's, and just kill whomever they want, whenever they want, however they want with no restrictions as to who is considered a "combatant"? I submit to you for your consideration that The US Military is just a little too handy already at killing innocent people.

In Iraq you have murdered more than a MILLION innocent people and made more than 4 MILLION homeless. That's what it is called...murder, when you kill people with no justification. In Afghanistan, you have murdered more than 1/4 of a MILLION innocent civilians and who knows how many you have made homeless. I'll have to wait for the next WikiLeaks, secret document release before I can give you any idea of how many innocent people your mighty military has murdered in Pakistan. Is that not enough blood for you or do you think that the US should have just nuked em both and turned Iraq and Afghanistan into glass topped parking lots, regardless of the civilian casualties? This is what it sounds like you are advocating to me. I anxiously await your clarification.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Read my previous post about total war

LoL @ "you"
I haven't done nothing.
edit on 7-11-2010 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

It's not a good idea to assume what I advocate without asking me.

edit on 7-11-2010 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's not total war...

In a total war, there is less differentiation between combatants and civilians than in other conflicts, and sometimes no such differentiation at all, as nearly every human resource, civilians and soldiers alike, can be considered to be part of the belligerent effort.[1]

Schmuck

Right. So your are simply saying that :" in enemy's territory, property, and citizens are potential targets. Which means that the more ruthless, merciless and complete an army's tactics is , the more likely to achieve a complete Victory."

Why don´t you simply say just nuke them. That will will be efficient enough, or you do not want WW3??

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Terrorist have no rules. Thank God we do.
So what walk down the street and blow everyone away? That`s no better then terrorist do in my book. I acknowledge there will be some civilian loss. But what you are saying is total crazy talk.

Go back to Playing the war video games some more where killing everyone doesn`t matter..

edit on 11/7/2010 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

WW3 , those poor countries wouldn't have a chance... lol
Whose going to support those countries besides other poor muslim countries?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Why are people so stupid to ask questions?
I don't even play video games....

I pay attention to boxing[possibly getting in it], go to class, baby sit occasionally, and talk to women.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The more ruthless, vicious and savage warfare is, the sooner it is over. That is a truism from every war since the beginning of time I would suspect.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join