It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I believe ancient astronaut theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Essentially your argument is: we are not like cats, therefore we have been genetically engineered?

I actually think someone has been messing around with my cat's DNA, as she has been behaving strangely - always coming in from the garden with gold she has dug up.

Seriously though, why would anyone engineer anything like a human to mine? With our soft, scrawny bodies, lungs that fill with dust and our requirements for water, food and sleep make us terrible natural miners. Not to mention we can't see in the dark. Even if for some perverse reason the star-faring aliens couldn't use machines, why didn't they build an animal that was made for mining?

Plus, to make this hypothesis work you have to pretty much ignore the entire fossil record...

edit on 7/11/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hi SK

Our life ratio is not that short compared to other species.

We live in big herds and so infections spread fast but all animals have illnesses otherwise vets would not earn the huge wages they do.

We have all the instincts other species have its just that we choose to use our brains rather than react by instinct but they are there and not very far below the surface.

I agree that the old are a great source of first hand information but they are not part of a natural system and many of us including me would not have reached the ages we have without medical care, education and hygiene as many in the third world will attest.

Evoloution to me is not just natural selection alone but also selective breeding by ourselves and so the hidden designer is us to a certain degree.

The claims to me about us being engineered by a greater intelligence is no different than any other belief system that sets us apart from our fellow beings, all other life. It may be correct, my feelings after reading the evidence is it is not. Our lives are dependant on and entwined with all other life on this planet and that is spectacular in itself.

edit on 7-11-2010 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Hey there MB, it's interesting (to me at least) that there are a lot of threads popping up of late that question the conventional line of thought ... this is a pet subject of mine (has been for over a decade now)
so if you like to ponder on the 'odd' theory (pun intended) here's a link to a few suggestions and 'what if's of my own;

>>>The Atlantean Analysis

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
okay since this thread is speculative I'm speculating
I believe the ancient astronaut theory

my questions have always been why are humans so lacking in body hair when all other primates are fully haired?
why do women have no heat season like other animals?
we differ in so many ways from other primates,how did this happen?
very suddenly and recently apparently!

I believe the ancient Mesopotamian texts are true ,especially the Sumerian ones seem to reflect a story being played out at the time

I do think the Visistors made us to mine, they say so , but not as unhappy expendable slaves, they had workers that they seemed to use that way also called Gods I take that to mean a working class ET
that went on srtike and hence the creation of us

I don't think that we are genetically related to the ETs they modified what was here, with what was here,
hence the categorization of the Elite ETs , the worker ETs that kept getting weaker and less able to cope with Earth environment, and us Earth environemet not an issue , and not ETs yet not Earthlings somehow anymore.

We have tons a mining robots and yet we still rquire humans below ground so I guess it has always been like that.

the primitive human cultures were advanced in the sense of showing us how to do better with we had ,but only in terms of better serving the ET'S ,there may have been some sort of robot as something like this is discussed when it comes to sending Help to Inanna when Eriskigal kills her in the underworld
they are neither alive nor dead and are apparently without volition and programable

Giants are the result 200 of a certain class of ET that wanted to change themselves to be able to mate with earthlings, they made no distiction between various kinds of Earthlings a cow would do as well as a woman ,and apparently they had some sort of very plastic and undifferentiated DNA because they were able to reproduce this way and made 'Monsters and Giants'

The Book of Giants talks in depth about this Everything about Giants

the Book of Enoch 1 also

Anthony Sanchez has a new book about the Dulce Base UFO Highway

that talks about these creatures (the original prehuman miners) it's quite a tale about some Sumerian speaking ETs discovered in a cave /tunnel city in New Mexico . Answers a lot of questions ,which todays veiwing of Discovery Channel tells me that mainstream science in it's current state will never answer. They have forgotten what to do with the data they have much less find out what information actually is

so that's kind of how I see it all
Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
well, why would you not believe ancient astronaut theory? thats really the question

most people in this planet believe completely out of this world histories, without any science background to support it

ancient astronaut theory, at least, gives you something that can be supported by science (not talking specificily about evidences, but its better than imagine angels that fly and demons right?)

thats the whole point, so, if a lot of people knew about ancient astronaut theory ,I think it would have more followers than the mainstream religions

I dont believe anything, I dont need to believe anything, but I respect the theory, I think its a good one, better than these religion theory

at least, the math says that its more probable that aliens exist than angels heaven and hell ...

edit on 7/11/10 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Hi Colin.

Our life ratio is not that short compared to other species.

Could you give an example. Maybe we both have something else in mind.
Also it was a reply to the OP who said something like it.

We live in big herds and so infections spread fast but all animals have illnesses otherwise vets would not earn the huge wages they do.

There is a reason we are called sheep yes I know... lol
Infections don't only spread rapidly, they also mutate from animal to human where ever there is a lot of contact, and where big forest get destroyed could also provide us with a new disease.

Instincts ? Please an example ?
Cause my experience people die before any instinct gets awakened. Also... It isn't really a choice...
Using our brain I mean.

Vets wages are high cause humans in general posses a lot of empathy.

The old only got 40 to 50 years old not so long ago. Don't blame the older ones now for there existence...
There is a reason our lifespan ends around 80 years. I agree there would be less old people without modern healthcare but there would be old ones around and that is a completely natural thing.

Selective breeding mmm...

Sex seems tp play a far bigger role in evolution then survival. For example a peacock lived originally in tiger territory. But female peacocks only want the best and most beautiful males

Genetic engineering would still use species from earth. So yes we are in the same web all life is.
We could very well have got a little upgrade along the way.

I agree it is a belief however it doesn't set us apart IMO. We already feel like were better then animals.
Well at least no ancient astronaut believers have committed genocide or start a war or something.

Evidence tells you there were no ancient astronauts. ?
Come on man... Don't keep it to yourself.. I want to hear what you got. Please share ?

Thanks for your reply

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The numerous reports in ancient texts and drawings on cave walls and ancient shrines of gods from the sky coming down in chariots of fire with magical powers is enough evidence for me to start asking some serious questions. I'm surprised there isn't alot more zecharia sitchins out there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is the problem, that a GAP in our history is shredded into pieces, and Historical items have vanished or been hidden cause they will explain alot, but is not needed cause of an Agenda.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi SK

Life ratio was not really aimed at you. I took it that the OP meant other animals spend a shorter time in infancy then remain constant pretty much to death. My experience of dogs, cats horses etc is that when young they play and act childish. The mid part of their life is spent chasing the opposite sex and the later part curled up around a fire pretty much content with sleeping and eating. So not much difference there.

Instincts are a little harder to explain. As humans we tend to overwhelm our instincts by using reason whereas an animal does the flight or fight thing. Maybe a simple example would be first impressions. You meet someone and take an instant dislike or like with nothing to base it on. The fear of flying even though you know it is a very safe form of transport.

Being 55 I don’t blame anyone for being old, trust me. What I meant was if you had not noticed the downhill run before, nearly everyone I know has said some sort of magic happens at 40. Joints ache, hair greys (if you still have it). You may still chase women but can’t seem to catch one anymore. Yes a few lived to great ages in the past but a much greater percentage do now. So illness associated with age may make you think we are prone to more illness. We put down or seriously ill pets so it looks like they are only ill once.

By selective breeding I don’t mean it in the farming sense of the word. I mean that the male of most species is chosen by the female because he is the biggest, strongest, most aggressive. This does not always mean it is the best suited to survive but is usually the one that reproduces.

With mankind women tend to find success attractive. Our advantage is our ingenuity and so unconsciously we select these traits. The more our culture demands brain over brawn the more selective breeding will affect our herd. I could go on as I find the relationship between evolution and selective breeding fascinating and even cheating in a herd can be looked at as a survival strategy

I think you misunderstood my view on the alien astronaut theory. The more you look the more it seems possible but little evidence can be shown whereas the fossil records, studies of the species and ongoing examples of natural evolution has hard evidence to back it up. For man to evolve to what he is today does not need alien intervention just the right environmental pressures and time.

Edit
Just incase I was not clear when I refer to the ancient astronaut theory I mean the genitic manipulation not that we have never been visited in the past. Hope that is clear
edit on 7-11-2010 by colin42 because: explanation

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Everything I've seen and read on this subject still is circumstantial to me. What I can't explain is how our brains spontaneously grew 3 times larger in a short period of time, this follows no ordinary evolutionary, punctuated equilibrium theory, etc. to date. There are certain rules organisms on our planet follow and this one stumps me.
Maybe someone knows more on this then me, I am not an expert in this field but this has left me wondering. Also this brain expansion event coincides with the beginnings of our recorded history, language development, architecture, agriculture, art, etc.

On that note I am still a bit skeptical for religions form a pattern (art imitates life and life art). I hope this isn't just the trend based on our history for this moment in time. After seeing ATS and other sites for 5 years now the ones involved are sorta acting like this is a new religious movement, maybe unaware for now, but I see too many correlations from previous history regarding how religions form. Only time will tell. . .

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

and I am saying there is lots more to discover still

I am also saying that the idea that we were genetically altered to mine gold is this author's and not mine

www.youtube.com...

what we were genetically altered for I do not know and I am not sayign that the proof is because we are not like cats - that is just a way I expressed the ratio of peak life years to childhood to old age and really has no other relevance

I am however suggesting that we were genetically messed with and our scientists are now working on making us be like 25 year olds till we are old and then we will die and I am suggesting that we should have been at that peak of our lives all our lives - perhaps we are supposed to have the lifespan of the pre flood ages mentioned in the bible?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thank you - I would like to read more about what others have come up with

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

this is exactly the sort of thinkers i wished to connect with when I started this thread - and you wrote your point very well

I will try and read the books you suggest but it seems to me that you and I are speculating in a similar way

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
yes we do have a long old age but I know that before we used to de-sex pets they had young every year or twice a year and did not stop being fertile

I had an old cat that belonged to the family that was over 20 years old and still she was having kittens twice a year

by comparison even when there was no huge pollution problen the human female stops being fertile almost 30 years before they die [if they live to the full life expectancy years]

I am using fertility as a measure of vital years here

the scientists these days are working to make people have the enrgy levels and the looks and the fertility of 25 year olds well into their 60's

so in future we might have 60 year olds still competing in olympic sports that these days they retire from in their 30's

i just cannot find a link to what research I am talking about - perhaps someone else can find a link
edit on 7/11/10 by megabyte because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
it took more than 1 documentary -i have been thinking these things for decades

You use the term "thinking" far too loosely.

If you ever actually do feel like doing some real thinking along these lines, I suggest you inform yourself of what is actually known about the past so you can make more intelligent decisions in how you fit your illogical ideas into the actual framework of the history of humanity.

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If anything, I would consider the ancient astronaut theory to be closer to the truth because if you look at what technology we currently have, we can do a lot of what is theorized to have happened. A god/gods created man from nothing, for the most part...we can do that with our technology. I believe I read an article on the site about creating a sperm and egg from nearly nothing. Some of the flying machines depicted, although not always connected to planes, helicopters, etc, are possible, although the disks that some texts believe might be a little harder to imagine. But if you really think, what would someone who doesn't know the technology that is used today think about certain situations, it doesn't seem all too impossible with today's technology. But who really knows the truth? I'm certain it's going to be a couple years longer before we actually make a breakthrough with what we know and how we think the past was.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
something ain't right ,on one hand we have primitive hunter gatherers who don't tend to build monumental architecture ,but instead generally live in portable shelters ,building Gobelki Tepe.

a very well planned worship/judical? site oldest building known to man (putting on my primitive hunter gatherer hat ) why would I build this?

answer,umm ... we have enemies and this place gives us somewhere to rally around it's on a hill we can see the signal fires from a long way away and muster to drive away our enemies and the signal fires tell us what direction to go and where the enemy is . (sounds good but it's pure BS)

answer #2 we are suddenly compelled to worship and we need a big bulding with statues and carvings and a priesthood , to do it in , soon as we get all that done we'll learn agriculture and domesticate animals and stay here this hunting in pristine innocence is getting old. more BS

We are learning that with a community we have more of everything more food ,more ideas. more help when we need it ,this is our university /temple/ law court.,with this we can start gathering and storing the wisdom we learn and pass it to our children who will become smarter quicker as a result
I kinda like that one it's still BS

Zorg met a God from the sky here, we built this fabulous place according to what Zorg said this God wanted us to build , we never did anything like this before we think it turned out pretty good ,maybe Zorgs God will show us some more good tricks?

speculation letting my mind wander

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I read in a sunday newspaper about a decade ago that the scientists have found that our mitochondia have terminator 'technology' and can only divide a finite number of times before they have to die and the sceintists said they can tinker with that

there was a news story on tv too where they said that 60 year old females instead of being old will look like they are 25 and be able to have babies if they want to.

this is an interesting link about menopause in animals

www.calgaryherald.com...

quoting

"If you were simply going to look at it as this biological phenomenon where female mammals cease to have menstrual cycles, that does also occur in some female non-human primates who live to be very old," says Fedigan.

But the key words here are "very old." In their group of Japanese monkeys, 25 appeared to be the age of reproductive termination in females -- yet few of them actually lived that long.

"It would be something equivalent to having menopause when you're 95 years old," says Fedigan. "Those females that are 25 years old, they show a lot of physical signs of deterioration. They're often crippled up with arthritis, their face is all wrinkled and their fur is falling out. They look like they're going to die."

For these female macaques, reproductive termination appeared to be just another part of the overall aging process as the animals neared the end of their lifespans, rather than a life history characteristic of the species.

Compare that to our species, where the maximum lifespan is approximately 100 to 120 years. Menopause is a universal trait that women experience around age 50, and as any 50-something woman will tell you, she's certainly not at death's door.

"Menopause in humans occurs in healthy middle age," says Pavelka.

Read more: www.calgaryherald.com...

end of quote

so that is what I am referring to - that we have menopause too early compared to other animals who die first [of old age] before their reproductive cycle ends

there are many criteria to compare and every time human lifespan seems to be robbed of the vital years

I know this thread is all about suposition and that is all it can be as long as discoveries are still some way off

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
What I can't explain is how our brains spontaneously grew 3 times larger in a short period of time, this follows no ordinary evolutionary, punctuated equilibrium theory, etc. to date.

That's easily explainable, I think... I'd say that one of our proto-human ancestors about 7 million years ago developed a taste for burned flesh... Cooked meat. However he obtained a steady diet of cooked meat is anyone's guess — scavenging the aftermath of wildfires, perhaps, or lingering in areas of volcanic disturbance, picking at the smoky carcasses of larger and slower animals.

However he acquired this delicacy, he had stumbled upon the PERFECT brain-food... Rich slabs of protein, sterilized of bacteria and parasites by intense heat... It would be like manna from heaven. This steady diet of cooked meat would nourish the body and brain without conveying the nasty germs and vermin that shortened the lifespan of other creatures.

Nourish the brain? It would be like pumping steroids into the brain. No WONDER the proto-human brain grew so rapidly, like a tumor on Miracle-Grow.

Perhaps, after a few thousand generations or so of scavenging naturally cooked meat, he may have even had a thought... Why not bring prey creatures TO the fire, instead of waiting for the fire to accidentally consume them? Sure, why not just throw a few squirrels or wildcats or even other proto-humans into the fire, and THEN eat them?

Perhaps the advent of the blood sacrifice ritual predates humanity altogether.

A few thousand generations later, perhaps our proto-human ancestor had another thought... Well, why WAIT for fire to occur, why not just kick it around our even carry it with him, wherever he went?

One thing is for certain, at SOME POINT in the history of our species, we became fearless of fire. I think it was long before we were humans. We became so accustomed to fire that we even wanted to breathe its smoke — unlike any other terrestrial animal before us, we ran TO a fire, rather than away from it.

Why do you think that is?

It's because WE are the Fire-Apes... We were born of fire and cooked meat. It wasn't some lonesome extraterrestrial geneticist looking for test subjects upon which to conduct his bizarre experimentation. It was pure, natural FIRE that created us.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

— scavenging the aftermath of wildfires, perhaps, or lingering in areas of volcanic disturbance, picking at the smoky carcasses of larger and slower animals.

Nice post.

The Sentinelese have kept embers burning in clay pots, in burrows beneath trees and in the hollows of logs for centuries. They're one of only two human populations who never discovered how to start a fire. They captured the fires of lightning. Conceivably, these embers may go back 1000s of years!

I like to imagine that at some point in the distant past, long before the 'great leap forward,' a similar culture of carrying embers survived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join