It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I believe ancient astronaut theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I believe human genome was manipulated by unknown beings or maybe humans but from a distant past because we seem to have terminator technology in our cells

we do seem to catch a whole lot more diseases than cats for example so that also makes me wonder if we are the product solely of evolution on earth

I have a problem understanding the ratio of childhood to at-peak health maturity to old age of humans

to me - a cat has a much longer ratio of being at peak and healthy and able to have offspring

we by contrast have a relatively short ratio of years when we are at our peak health and able to have offspring

if we had the same ratio as cats then we would be fully mature and having offspring of our own at age 4 and we would not stop being able to have offspring till we were age 105 for example

we have very short peak-health and reproductive capability section of years compared to many other species

therefore I do wonder if there is some truth to my theory that we were genetically manipulated from monkeys to be a slave species for alien races who came to earth to mine for minerals and wanted slave labour

I have seen a documentary on Tv an an author claims this is written in ancient sumerian texts

www.youtube.com...

I feel that there are many mysteries that need answers and right now all we have are theories and not backed by evidence but that may change as new discoveries are made

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I have seen a documentary on Tv an an author claims this is written in ancient sumerian texts

One documentary on TV, that's all it took to convince you?

Here's a simple question for you, why would an advanced alien race arrive on Earth to mine minerals and not bring or make robots to do it for them? Why take the time and trouble to create a slave race of humans and then equip us with crude stone and copper tools? "We want you to mine gold for us, here's your copper chisel. Good luck!"

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

just because we think that copper tools were used while the aliens were here does not mean they were - there are many holes in fossil record so really we only have supposition

why did aliens mine something here - good question and I dont have an answer - perhaps they were mining for somethign very scarce on their planet or they were very far from home, or it was humans from the future - all theories and no proof
it took more than 1 documentary -i have been thinking these things for decades

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So how many decades have you been thinking these things hmm?
How many?
edit on 7-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

since I was little

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Here's a simple question for you, why would an advanced alien race arrive on Earth to mine minerals and not bring or make robots to do it for them?

LOL, robots? That's not a simple question...that's a funny question.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

I have a feeling he's 12! or 22, since he said decades

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

checks panties....

no bulging bits in there

deffinitely I have been a girl all my life lol and over 21 for at least a decade lol

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there, I will not go looking for a source, one can probably find it somewhere if one is so inclined, One of the Indian Myths/history/books/whatever, has the following tale.

A lady, Sandya, asks a boon from Shiva in which she states that humans will not be able to have sexual emotions (and kids) at adulthood, and the boon is granted.

Take it as you will.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I guess that our life peak ratio is so small because of only one thing.

Humans do not have fully developed instincts like animals have when we are born.
Actually we are born way to soon and our childhood is a time we are still actually developing our brains.
Simply because when we would have a bigger head... Mommies would not be able to give birth.

Our brains that house our 'so called' intelligence have another flaw. We need to learn everything. Like I said no natural instincts. That's why old people are so useful. Not because they need to reproduce, but because they a are walking library of experience. There is a good reason the elderly are considered wise.

Personally I think the ancient astronauts theory makes sense. Especially when you compare scriptures like the bible with it. I think that explains a lot of the stories told.

Still... I'm also leaning to mankind that exist in a cyclic motion and that there are older civilizations that pre date hours.

Oh... the reason we get sick way more often then cats for example, is because of our group mentality. Cat's are loners ( Except for lions ) We simply are confronted with lots more disease making bacteria and viruses.

My 2 cents...

Kind regards

~ Sinter

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Cats are obligatory carnivores, meaning they MUST eat flesh or they will die. They prefer fat, actually, and internal organs over muscled meat. Accordingly, cats have extraordinary metabolism — they burn calories like a furnace. There's NO comparison to human metabolism. While some erroneously think humans are carnivores, the fact is that we're omnivores — meaning we can eat anything with gusto. But we do lean toward meat eating, for a reason.

I know many people think and may even believe that humans were deposited on this world, or perhaps our genetic blueprint was manipulated by external (i.e. "extraterrestrial") forces in ancient times. That's a way of explaining why we're so "different" from all other Life on Earth.

Fact is, we are NOT different from all other Life on Earth. Fact is, we are hardcore progeny of this planet. We are not only OF this planet, we carry in our genetic blueprint the data for OTHER SPECIES of this planet. It's written in our genome.

Bizarre but true.

When a human baby is born with webbed fingers, or a tail, or a set of gill slits, or reptilian scales, you KNOW something is a "little screwy," right? Why do you think that sort of growth information is encoded into us? Why should we contain bits of the blueprints for monkeys and reptiles and amphibians and fish in our genetic makeup?

What does logic tell you?

It tells me that, at one time, there was one BIG genetic blueprint for life. Everything was included in the blueprint, every means of crawling and walking and swimming and flying and floating and digging and dying was incorporated into the genome.

One fiendishly complex seed called Life.

Cast a trillion of those seeds out into the Universe, and watch it grow and adapt and evolve in whatever environment you can imagine. It might be a toxic soup but Life still penetrates it, takes hold, and consumes it.

That's why I'm fairly certain that Panspermia is the most likely explanation for Life on Earth... and I'm thinking that Life is PROGRAMMED to EVOLVE in a specific way, such that Life arrives SPLAT, adapts to its new environment, its new planet, it evolves for three or four billion years until it attains the capacity to leap back out into the void, seeking a fresh world to contaminate. Heh

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

One documentary on TV, that's all it took to convince you?

Here's a simple question for you, why would an advanced alien race arrive on Earth to mine minerals and not bring or make robots to do it for them? Why take the time and trouble to create a slave race of humans and then equip us with crude stone and copper tools? "We want you to mine gold for us, here's your copper chisel. Good luck!"

As replied in thread that is not as simple question.

I thought, if you go with the ancient astronaut we are the robots. We are still mining as much gold as we can so it appears we could be following our programming.

The OP's ageing thing is a perception. All animals go through similar stages it is just that we can percieve it easier in people than we can in fur covered pets. The question behind that is why do we age at all and is not simple to answer.

As for why an alien race would do this who knows, you could ask why they wouldn’t do this. Put yourself in the place of a visitor to our planet, there are thousands of things we do that would leave a visitor scratching his head. Watching sport springs to mind, not taking part but just watch, even I think why would you do that?

I see your type of answer all the time and have some sympathy for the reaction but if you resist the urge to instantly dump on a question you can actually find things worthy of discussion. The OP's post is no different.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Hiya MB. I think you make a familiar point for ATS, but the thinking that got you there is interesting and fairly original.

The reason we age as we do, have the societies we do and raise our young the way we do is generally a combination of natural selection and culture. In other primates like the chimpanzees, we see a similar structure and pattern. They have kids from 12-14 and become less productive in their 40s.

Your points about cats being less susceptible to illnesses are interesting and I don't know enough about cats to argue one way or another. There's no doubt humans can carry a vast amount of bugs, diseases and viruses. I guess what I'm wondering, is how these thoughts have led to a belief in ancient astronauts?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandinsky

How are you doing ?

To answer your question about how ancient astronauts came in to play.

A documentary. According to the OP.

Take care

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

i did say that I believe someone has tinkered with our dna but I claim that I dont know who that might have been

ancient astronauts seem plausible as does our own future selves

I doubt it is all due to natural selection

I believe much more research and discoveries needs to be done before we can say with any certainty which way the evidence points

in the meantime it is just more theories to ponder about

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

One of the problems with putting our development down to ancient visitors is who developed them? Did they develop and evolve through natural selection or did someone else help them?

If they developed by themselves, why couldn't we?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

i dont believe we could NOT develop all by ourselves but we may not have developed this way if left to do it all by ourselves

perhaps it was past civilisations of humans and not ancient aliens who tinkered with the lower socio economic classes of people to make them more suitable to a slave species and that is why the ruling classes kept their blood lines pure even if they had to marry own sister to do so

humans seem to prey on other humans easily and I would not doubt that the worst of humans could have done all sorts of things to the rest of humans if it suited them and they could get away with it.

take a look at the nazis and consider what would have happened in distant past if there was no one to stop them. Perhaps over the 4 billion years there were many such nazi civilisatins who did dna experiments on people and perhaps some of them got away with it before they were overcome or defeated.

or perhaps it was aliens or perhaps we were the aliens and we lived on mars and ruined that planet and so we came to earth and murdered the resident population

the theories are endless arent they? we need more research and more proof

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hiya MB, again you raise some interesting questions. I also agree that more research and more proof are usually a good thing...unless you're a career criminal.

At the same time, some of your questions suggest that you haven't read as deeply into the available proof and research as you could. There's very little chance that a separate civilisation existed in the very ancient past and no evidence that anyone else did. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we've been visited in the past any more than I'd rule out the possibility that we're being visited now. That said, these visitors (if they exist) are fastidious to the point of OCD about not leaving any evidence behind.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The visitors I recieve come, make a noise and then bid farewell leaving me to tidy up the mess so maybe humans are just OCD about tyding up.

I cant see why we would have not developed naturally the way we have as evolution shows everything is possible. Is it nature or design?

Until a better argument is put forward I am going with nature but wont rule out other ideas, pretty much my ethos for everything.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I know I'm not a mineral gathering slave, a tax slave but not a mineral slave. They should have given us the proper equipment to dig it up rather than waiting a long time for us to invent them. Stupid aliens

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join