It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The allagash "abductions"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I was listening to the audio of the 4 men involved in the allagash abduction and one thing struck me as odd:

In almost every abduction case where the hypnosis audio is available, or is shown in documentaries, the "abductees" are screaming, crying, displaying emotions of fear etc.

Yet if you listen to the allagash ones, they sound almost bored. The sessions sound like they were narrataed by ben stein. There is no influction of the voice in pitch or tone to indicate flowing emotions. It was as if you handed someone a piece of paper and said "read from this word to word".

That, and they only began to have nightmares 12 years after an alleged UFO sighting.

While I am skeptical of alien abduction claims, alot of abductees seem to atleast genuinely believe the narrative they tell.

Yet given the nature of the allagash claims, and the things cited above, leads me to wonder if these 4 men arent intentionally hoaxing.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

I was listening to the audio of the 4 men involved in the allagash abduction and one thing struck me as odd:

I vaguely remember the case - campers, I think, and some years ago. Do you by chance have a source for audio excerpts from hpypnotic regression sessions?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I had corresponded with Tony (the hypnotherapist who worked on this case) for many years. Being so long ago, I don't remember all the details of the case, but after reading the book and my correspondence with Mr. Constantino, I have no doubts of the authenticity of the experience of these men.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Thank you.

Yes, Unsolved Mysteries, I recall now. Not one of my favorite programs, but I actually saw that episode.

I see your point as re: demeanor of the subjects; however, little can really be inferred from that. While each subject may experience hypnosis differently, the hypnotist (if truly qualified and capable) is the controlling factor. It's a bit of a touchy subject in suggesting that a hypnotist may control levels of emotion experienced while still allowing truth of experience and I would prefer to not get into that discussion. Still, I remain an avid proponent of the benefits and potentials of hypnosis if properly administered.

Quite interesting. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The hypnotherapist Anthony Constantino would never lead these men in any way. He wanted an accurate description of their experience and was very careful. These men did indeed show fear, but Tony was able to calm them if things got too bad.

Please read the book to get a full account of the story. It is quite the case.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

The hypnotherapist Anthony Constantino would never lead these men in any way. He wanted an accurate description of their experience and was very careful. These men did indeed show fear, but Tony was able to calm them if things got too bad.

That was actually the point I was making - that a qualified and capable hypnotherapist could achieve such as you describe. I am not familiar with the one involved in this case, but I would hope you are correct.
edit on 11/7/2010 by Wonderer77 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Please read the book to get a full account of the story. It is quite the case.

That seems to be a common misconception in many fields let alone the UFO one: NO one is above reproach of the possibility of error. Im not trying to infer that's what happened, its just your comment of "I know X" is something I see alot.

I find cases like these odd, because who's first thought is it to go to a hypnotherapist for nightmares?

Secondly, how is it they knew from the nightmares that it had something to do with their UFO sightings? It seems to me the only way they could associate the nightmares with the UFO so easily after the nightmares began is if they were already familiar with the standard abduction narrative.

Its also strange contrasting the type of cases, such as this one, where the subjects who claim to be only taken once, versus the other claimants who claim life long experiences.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In the dreams that the twins were having, their camping friends were in those dreams. That is when they wondered if it had anything to do with the experience they had in Maine. It was Ray Fowler (author/ufo researcher) who one of the twins initially contacted. Ray was the one who brought the hypnotherapist in. Tony was a member of MUFON at the time and also hypnotized Ray at one time for Ray's own abduction.

The men passed polygraph tests and were seen by doctors.

Have you read the book? It would explain a lot.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I know what you're saying but like any and all circumstances; there isn't one particular protocol for how people 'should' behave. Sure, we expect people to react a certain way but that really isn't fair to be so judgmental.
Some people cry when someone dies. Some may feel a sense of relief. Some may revere death as an honor and are excited.

I had an experience. I was put under hypnosis and to me, I WAS bored. I didn't react out of fear nor did I cry or anything that would've been 'expected'. I was bored and nothing new came out of my session. When it comes to 'alien abductions' we haven't a CLUE what it's all about let alone, who's doing it and why.

So maybe some abductees have pleasant (albeit, unaware) experiences. Maybe some are treated like Gitmo detainees. Maybe some of just used as gentle incubators. Maybe some are sleep disorders.

Who knows. But do yourself a favor and don't assume anything when it comes to this paradigm. Too little is known so to keep the ratio even, we ought not expect too much.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It was a psychiatrist who mentioned that one of the twins sounded like an abduction case and referred him to Ray Fowler. It has been many years since I read or discussed the case so did some digging.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I pay attention to abductions particularly the descriptions of the alleged alien beings themselves. It appears there are more than one group of abductors orchestrating these abductions. Could possibly be all the same species "greys" or different races of greys that is unclear. You have your typical greys the short robotic ones then the tall greys. Then you have your mantis bug like variations. There are some distinct differences such as the face being more insect like with the eyes also the number of digits or fingers they have that would be "insect like" in this case. But they all seem to operate on the same agenda and perform the same medical examinations and such.

I do not find it that odd , on a grander scale you will find every experience is a mixed bag, some more emotional terrifying or enlightening. They all have many similar tell tale signs while there is some differences. It could have more to do with ones perception under the control of the controllers. Say
one is is under a stronger anesthetic and another is physically paralyzed. Who is to say these beings do not practice different methods while abductions are an on going process as they are learning how to understand our emotions. There is also a psychological element to these abductions with false memories and memory blocks.

The Allagash abductions is a fascinating case and one of the key stone cases of UFO history. These beings resemble the same beings from the Kelly Cahill abduction case as well as a few other cases that come to mind.

The beings had large metallic glowing eyes with no lids, and their hands were insect-like, with four fingers.

Similar beings possibly the same species?

Abduction In Yukon: North Canol Road and The Insectoids, September 3rd, 1987
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Kelly Cahill encounter
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the abduction memory.. thats a staged event created for their mind by the perpetrator. there is no aliens involved, only the same phenomena thats been around for ages that love to kidnap people , molest/torture them and sometimes move them to far away place..

the alien thing is just a mask for these sinister beings.. Of course the educated and scientific western people would categorized them as extra dimensional or other scientific sounding name..

just a taste of whats going to come ..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the abduction memory.. thats a staged event created for their mind by the perpetrator. there is no aliens involved, only the same phenomena thats been around for ages that love to kidnap people , molest/torture them and sometimes move them to far away place..

the alien thing is just a mask for these sinister beings.. Of course the educated and scientific western people would categorized them as extra dimensional or other scientific sounding name..

just a taste of whats going to come ..

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I recently read Ray Fowler's book on the abduction and had the fortune to have a short conversation with Chuck Rak. He seemed very straight forward and down to earth.

In summary:

1) Chuck is not sure about the abduction experience himself. Why he gave the account during hypnosis is unclear.

2) He fell out with the others on a matter not relating to the UFO incident. The details he gave me on this were a little sketchy but concerned a mutual college acquaintance. I would rather not elaborate on this. It is therefore unsurprising that he has a slightly different version of the events. The others see him apparently as the maverick of the quartet.

3) He says that the fire burn down is a red herring. He claims to have cut the logs himself and that they were not that large in diameter due to the limited size of the saw. He did say however that they were all on the lake for less than half an hour.

4) He does still admit that they were buzzed by a UFO. They saw it approach and leave. He gives no account of what happened in between.

5) He did not mention mention drug use. I have read on the web that Chuck mentioned this. To repeat he did not mention this to me.

So there you have it. The three all maintain their account but while Chuck today does not deny the abduction he has no direct recall of it. To my mind it is quite understandable that someone would want to distance themselves from the abduction given what the others reported in terms of intrusive bodily testing.

There is no reason to doubt that the UFO event occurred. Because of the nature of the abduction and how the information was extracted I guess there will always be an element of doubt on this point.

top topics

join