It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Ever: Proposed Tea Party Bicameral Caucus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Rand Paul Signals Intent To Bring Bicameral Tea Party Caucus To Capitol Hill

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Kentucky Senator-elect Rand Paul signaled his intent on Wednesday to bring a bicameral Tea Party caucus to Capitol Hill when he begins his work in the upper congressional chamber in the next legislative session.

Speaking to Fox News about his ideas for establishing the political affinity group, Paul explained, "I think there's a lot of potential members in the House and a few members in the Senate as well."

This will be the first time that a Bicameral Caucus has ever been established. Currently the only Bicameral Caucus is the Democratic and Republican parties. History making for sure with the intent of drastically slashing government and reducing the deficit with a strong and strict emphasis on Fiscal Conservatism combined with a supposed warrior attitude where they have been warned to not fall into the hands of the Republican and Washington establishment.

This is huge, if it happens it will be almost like its own political party in government operating through the Republican Party. If I were the Republican leadership in the House and Senate I would be terrified of walking out of line with this new caucus as they could wield a power strong enough to take down the entire establishment.

We can only hope that if the Tea Party is true to its foundation they will shake up the entire establishment and reform the system. I won’t hold my breath though as I am not exactly a friend of the Tea Party and have very deep skepticism of the grassroots legitimacy of the Tea Party Movement. But I will hope for change.
edit on 11/6/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
4 flags and stars yet no replies??

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If I were the Republican leadership in the House and Senate I would be terrified of walking out of line with this new caucus as they could wield a power strong enough to take down the entire establishment.

All the world really needs is things like this to stop Governments writing laws..
Hell, how many laws do we need??
Stopping the waste will be a byproduct of less new legislation...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this tea party is going to work. At least a section of the population are trying.
We do need a 3rd party. You can argue all you want about it being co-opted by the republicans.
This last election showed it had some power in replacing the entrenched old school republicans.
P.S. Time will tell if the tea party made a difference.
edit on 11/6/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We have 2 more years to see how things change. If we don't get some damn sanity back... I fear people literally snapping.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I realy wish the tea party would absorb some democratic values and not line itself with the damn republicans.
**shakes his head**

Edit: True democrats need to reign in this insanity

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am afraid that the TEA Party has shown it's true colors in this last election, they are simply the Republican Party and nothing else.

It is a shame that the American people were fooled by the GOP like they were, unfortunately I see absolutely no chance that the TEA Party will evolve into anything different than the GOP.

The American political system desperately needs a real viable 3rd party, but the TEA Party is not it. America doesn't need a radical right arm of the GOP, what it needs is a centrist party with equalizing values of both liberal and conservative ideas.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
I realy wish the tea party would absorb some democratic values and not line itself with the damn republicans.
**shakes his head**

Edit: True democrats need to reign in this insanity

True Democrats were the ones who did everything in their power to reign in the power of the elite. Thomas Jefferson attacked corporations and the Federal government, Andrew Jackson attacked the central bank, JFK attacked the CIA and the Federal Reserve.

But it was the Democratic Party that put in place that very same Federal Reserve, so it is more like a struggle for what's good coming from the Democrats.

I would prefer the Democratic Party being the party of workers, grassroots activism, and liberty. All three can be met but it takes serious work on the part of Democrats, the party establishment and the people.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Actually, there is a long history of bicameral caucuses. Many are single issue caucuses and there are some quite ridiculous ones. en.wikipedia.org...

However, the most recognized and apparently the most newsworthy are the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

I will be very impressed, and might I say ecstatic, if Paul is able to organize a caucus which focuses solely on fiscal conservatism, without partisan boundaries. We shall see. At the least it would out those who have absolutely no interest in quelling the growth of government and spending. I can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't encourage their Senators and Representatives to join.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The American political system desperately needs a real viable 3rd party, but the TEA Party is not it. America doesn't need a radical right arm of the GOP, what it needs is a centrist party with equalizing values of both liberal and conservative ideas.

I dissagree..What EVERY Government needs is to OUTLAW political parties.
By definition they destroy democracy and silence the voice of the people each rep is supposed to represent.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would like to see their platform first, before I get all gung ho over it.

Something like that the caucus will not vote for any legislation that has any power outside the enumerated powers. Also that they are will work to eliminate any and all agencies and bureaucracies that are not contained in the enumerated powers. Another could be that the government shall not bail out any private corporation, including ones like Fannie and Freddie. Another could be that they will work to eliminate central planning of the currency, maybe include with this one a return to non fiat currency.

I could think of a few more fiscal components, but these would be a good start.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Partys...

What we have in America is the establishment saying there are only 2 types of people...and thats it. You must fall in line lock, stock, and barrel with only two different ideals, and it has to be a specific mix of ideals.

you must be either:
pro-government help, pro-environment, anti-religion, pro-choice, etc

or you must be the complete opposite in every respect...because thats it...it is a choice of red or blue, thats it

When the hell did we as a nation decide this identifies us? What about a person whom is small government desires, pro-environment, anti-abortion, anti-religious, pro-gun, etc...where is the million shades of purple

we got either a sort of centerist style democrat, or a right/far right republican to choose and thats it (tea party is simply a far right movement, lets stop pretending its different than the GOP...same culture warriors from the 80s and 90s renamed and thats it)

I agree...partys should be banned...anyone outwardly allied with a party should be grounds for a scandal to the degree if being found caught with a prostitute.
Let voters vote for a person and their unique stands verses some stupid rubber stamp list of national viewpoints wrapped up in a party.

We are such drones.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Partys...

(tea party is simply a far right movement, lets stop pretending its different than the GOP...same culture warriors from the 80s and 90s renamed and thats it)

And here you have given a perfect example of what your post, as a whole, is complaining about. You have put all Tea Party backers into one, neat little box, though there are a myriad of ideals, among them.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Unfortunately the TPM has proven that it is an extreme right arm of the GOP, this is why not a single Independent candidate was elected.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So that will be one of the new memes you will be attempting to be passed off as truth for the next two years?

What happened to the Ross Perot movement a few years back? Oh, that is right, Clinton?

Do you think that just maybe, the TPM wants everyone to think the Repubs tookover the movement? Just let that settle into your gourd a second. Maybe the movement does not want anyone to freak out and start riots or something. Because that is the trend of those that do not get there way, at least those that do not bother to follow the law.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Good people will always stand up for what is right against the forces of evil. Every time good people speak the parasites take two steps back, they know that they cannot challenge the power rooted in what is good.

I will leave the Tea Party politicians prove themselves before I take their side or attack them. We gave Obama a chance and he failed us miserably so now we must let these Tea Partiers prove themselves, either they will fight for us or they will fight against us.

So far I like what I hear:

Cut defense spending
Abolish earmarks
Audit/Abolish the Fed Bill proposed by Ron and Rand Paul

It's all just a waiting game now to see who's side they pick. Like I said though, I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Partys...
When the hell did we as a nation decide this identifies us? What about a person whom is small government desires, pro-environment, anti-abortion, anti-religious, pro-gun, etc...where is the million shades of purple

Around 1980. Pre-1980, for ex, family members voted "split tickets" often. After 1980 the nation's voters were divided over deeply held personal beliefs such as .... the Rapture (who was going to be taken to Heaven versus those left behind, who was saved versus who was not.....vote Republican to be saved), abortion, gays, End Times prophecy with its foreign affairs implications (vote Republican to fulfill the prophesy!). Oh, and love of country, patriotism...only the GOP loved their country. Afterall, all the GOP needed to remain in power (and share the power with their traditional base, big business--now multinational corporations) was that 1% above 50%.

Not only would the base be brought into line, but soon any politician who did not fall into line would be denied support.

Here's how bad things are today. One person I have known over these three decades, and who voted Republican for three decades for all of the above plus the belief that only Republicans cared about God and that the Earth is 6000 years old, voted not for one Republican this November but rather only Democrats. Even this good gentleman could not stand the foolishness of his party. He could not with all good conscious align himself with the latest divide, the Constitution (as if only the TPM loves the Constitution).

Too bad all that energy of the TPM was hi-jacked by one side and used once again to be elected to gain power to once again ensure that Corporations Are People, entitled to all the rights of the Constitution. Wow, now there's a Constitutional basis for going to war to defend a corporation.

Corporations are not citizens! Maybe if this Tea Party caucus stomps on multinational corporate heads instead of the heads of fellow citizens, but it won't,

Americans will continue to be divided so politicians can continue to allow big business to feed at the govt trough of money and power, owing their allegiance to those corporations who bought them to Washington.

Start a truly grassroots movement, a pressure group, and be prepared to do battle with politicians, not help them form a caucus.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well don't hold your breath.

The best thing that can happen is if the new reps just shutdown the government. I really hope they do not allow the debt ceiling to be raised. That is the power they have right now, control of the purse strings.

Now, they cannot stop the Fed from destroying the dollar. QE2 has been rolled out and the effects will be seen soon.

I hope EVERYONE has listened to the be prepared talk. If not, oh well, we will let you on the life boats.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That would be a very risky and potentially catastrophic move would it not? Is stopping the beast worth taking down the whole world's economy? I am only asking because I am divided on the answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

That would be a very risky and potentially catastrophic move would it not? Is stopping the beast worth taking down the whole world's economy? I am only asking because I am divided on the answer.

Well, I do not think there is a choice any longer.

If something is not done to stop these idiots, the same thing that happened to Britain is going to happen to us.

In 1918 the pound sterling was the world standard for currency. 40 years later that currency was replaced by the US Dollar. What is going on now? It is being replaced by other currencies.

That I am not worried about, I am worried about Helicopter Bernanke siphoning off the wealth of the US by devaluing the dollar. If the Dollar is destroyed before we can institute a valid replacement, the US will go the way of Britain. History repeats itself. By stopping the government from spending what it does not have, will help the dollar, not destroy it. But, if the banksters continue the printing of money, where it is not necessary, they will be exposed for what they are doing. IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join