It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of an Alien, taken with iPhone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

fire in the sky was the immediate thought i had too.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hey better yet, why don't the mods ban the OP for knowingly trying to perpetuate a hoax that borders on trolling? How about that eh? I never posted in this thread until now because personally I didn't believe there was an alien in the picture. I posted because the op intentionally created this thread with the intent to knowingly deceiving people and making them feel foolish. This is a far different situation than say someone mistaking a picture for something and making a thread. So let's just take this to its limit and have the OP banned or suspended. We don't need these type of posters on this site.

I have not tried to deceive anybody. I posted the photo because I found it interesting, and I am satisfied with the conclusion that the community has come up with. I understand your frustration with the large amount of videos and pictures that have appeared on this site in recent months, but I think that you have jumped to conclusions about my intention.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My head hurts.
The first time I saw the picture I saw the alien. I had the hardest time making out the shoe and pant leg until it was outlined. I find it amazing how some people see one thing and others see something that seems so obvious to them. I guess its a good lesson on how the mind interprets images. Either way, it was an interesting photo.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by kristobal

Obviously it's a leg, it does look creepy, but it is just a leg. The eye is his shoe.
Mystery solved!
What the Hell are you talking about dude? A leg? A shoe? I'm really trying hard not to be rude but - come on.
For what it's worth it looks to me like an alien face lifted from a movie still or illustration, with some standard photoshopping to disguise the original image. - edit - note to self, please read threds before posting. I can now see the leg / shoe thing. I'm an idiot.

Sorry dude.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Mr Hanky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's interesting how the human brain works when the proper stimuli is provided. Something as simple as legs, jeans and shoes is seen as an alien being because the thread title suggests it as such.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
My head hurts.
The first time I saw the picture I saw the alien. I had the hardest time making out the shoe and pant leg until it was outlined. I find it amazing how some people see one thing and others see something that seems so obvious to them. I guess its a good lesson on how the mind interprets images. Either way, it was an interesting photo.

I'm with you on that thought. Also why eyed witnesses of a crime is about the worst evidence you can have. Forensics is a much better proof. I really don't see how anyone can't see a face, and to me it looks like ET from the 70's.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not going to read this whole thread to post this. That is a photo of someone in a Halloween mask. To be precise it is the "Creature From The Black Lagoon" from a very campy 1954 B movie. Below is a link to the IMDB page for the movie along with a photo of the Creature. One interesting fact from this movie is that Henry Mancini had a hand in providing the music for this stinker. I think this was years before he made it big. Saw this spine chiller a number of times during my youth on "Creature Features", Saturday nights on Channel 5 in NYC.

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) at IMDB

And just one more:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Hanky

Apology accepted, I hold no ill feelings towards anyone who didn't see it. It took me a little while to see exactly what it was. I too at first saw a rather creepy alien face, Then the leg just popped out at me and I just kind of chuckled.
On another note, I DO NOT believe the OP meant to try and deceive anyone, It was an interesting pic,

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't believe someone can take a photo of an alien behind the curtains in his own house and not see the alien there. Obviously fake, nothing to discuss here.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I really hate that I am going to the debunker camp for this...

Towards the bottom of the pic, you can see what looks like the edge of a couch, that clearly runs pretty straight across the pic. The leg, is a little less clearly defined, but where the knee would be, is folded down right at the edge of the couch, and the "eye" then becomes a plainly obvious shoe. The blurriness of it all, would simply be caused by a couch and carpet of similar colors, being blended by the blur, caused by even the simplest motion of the iphone camera (which is horrendous if you can't be perfectly still).

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

Obviously it's a leg, it does look creepy, but it is just a leg. The eye is his shoe.
Mystery solved!

you get an F for effort. lol

He's actually right...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by kristobal
reply to post by NWOPrimate

Thanks for taking the time to make that snapshot. The shape of the leg and the folds in the fabric satisfy me that it is exactly what is shown in the original photo. The leg explanation 1, aliens visiting the earth 0.

mods please delete this thread or move to the hoax forum.

Hey better yet, why don't the mods ban the OP for knowingly trying to perpetuate a hoax that borders on trolling? How about that eh? I never posted in this thread until now because personally I didn't believe there was an alien in the picture. I posted because the op intentionally created this thread with the intent to knowingly deceiving people and making them feel foolish. This is a far different situation than say someone mistaking a picture for something and making a thread. So let's just take this to its limit and have the OP banned or suspended. We don't need these type of posters on this site. I don't care if he thinks he has good intentions or trying to prove a point. It's not cool to try making fools of other people.
edit on 7-11-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

... Now that was just rude and uncalled for.

Prove the OP did this on purpose or shut up.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Looks a lot like this guy

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
He's actually right...

Now you have done the same thing... filling in the second leg with nothing

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay, I had to make an account to just say this. Does your friend possibly have a toddler? One who wears diapers? Because I have seen 1000+ photos like this that my toddler has taken. You see his short little legs and his shoes ( one (untied) That's why the crotch looks so big and folded, there is a diaper. Well that's just my opinion. At most I would say a fun picture taken by a toddler for adults to discuss. Fun.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I see it too now but don't you think the shoe looks a bit too shiny. Unless they're army parade boots...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I agree that it is a leg, I could clearly tell that fabric made up a good portion of its face..

Anyhow the "alien" image looked more like the alien in the short film Herd to me.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join