It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Benevolent! The documentary “A privileged planet” goes a long way in illustrating how life on earth seems to be an engineered affair. All the Ancient alien stuff suggests a push for a bigger brain in humans. This seems plausible to me, as it would seem more likely to produce a fully functional 747 by passing hurricanes over a junk yard for 5 billion years. Than it would to produce even the simplest form of life from the natural systems we see around us.

I suspect life on Earth was seeded by Aliens to engineer their next great toys. Machines just don’t compare you know, what would be better than an advanced human serving your every need?

Well I suspect they would want a more advanced being, so I imagine we may not see them for some time. But then again it’s not like they would need to harvest the whole crop they can take a few and breed their own leaving earth to build their next big thing, so maybe they are not so bad for those of us on Earth.

Earth=Alien toy factory.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It would be very hard to fathom what aliens would need from us.

Food?
If you're capable of traveling intergalactically would betting on the ability to find "habitable planets with life" be a safe bet for food?

Chances are these aliens already have their own "food farms" on board their ships. It would also not be in their best interest to "eat" another intelligent species.

Work?
This would make the most sense. These alien races could enslave us and force us to work on board their ship(s). Although, you have to ask yourself another question..
If their technology is THAT good, what would us measly humans be used for? Im sure there are robots on board that probably fix and support the ship by themselves. We could be used to maintain the robots, but again, would we have any idea how these machines even function? This is beyond our technology.

The reason why i think an advanced race would be benevolent is because planning intergalactic flight on the idea that there is "food on random habitable planets" is a very un-safe endeavor.

The best way to explain my idea would be like so:

Cruise Ships/Aircraft Carriers/Other huge vessels

These boats contain most of the food and supplies they need when leaving the dock. They dont dig for oil in the water, they dont catch fish on the way to their destination. They "could", by all means, but that would only be in maybe some very rare circumstances such as the boat is stranded in the middle of the ocean. All of these vessels plan ahead, and stock up what they need for the trip.

My biggest guess as to what might happen would be something similar to when the Americans saw the pilgrims. At first they would be happy to see another intelligent race. Then, one of two scenarios would play out:

1) We exchange ideas, language, history etc. Then they introduce us to their technology and we get to be space faring with them. Or, they just say "hi" and leave. Either way its a safe scenario.

2) Similar to how the indians and pilgrims started war: There would be some kind of misunderstanding. Like some redneck firing a rocket launcher at one of their craft. Even though all of humanity doenst mind them, some idiots will cause havoc for the rest of us. Then, the aliens perceiving this as a threat, would retaliate against ALL humans. To me, this is why i think the aliens(if they exist) havent showed themselves. They see how we treat each other, so they assume that even though some of us would accept their prescence, others would go insane and cause more bad then good.

I dont see how aliens would come here just to raid and pillage us.
To me, flying "millions of light years" for some food and oil(or whatever rock they might use) just sounds like a pretty big waste.

edit on 8-11-2010 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If aliens are real advanced they probably wouldn't want to get into the settlement, and building infrastructure, etc on a new planet. They, and probably us if we were in the same position, would rather drop off clones, robots, or specialized designed hominids to do all that prepatory work for them. Of course you would not tell them they were building all of this stuff for you because they would lose motivation and morale. If you let them believe they are building their own future, they will work their little hearts out, store food, precious metals from mining, advanced technology, etc. It would be like slavery, only the slaves don't know they are slaves. Maybe thats why certain people call this a 'prison planet'.

Humans have developed into engineers, construction workers, machinists, etc. Leave us on a planet long enough and we build an entire infrastructure complete with homes to live in with running water, etc. We develop medicines, study plants, animals, geology, and catalouge everything in nice easy to access databases, videos, and books. We even broadcast our accomplishments so the slavemasters could set up a base on say the dark side of the moon and monitor our development through the broadcasts and surveillance ships. After we get to a certain point, where we start endangering the biosphere, we either change our way or they can change our ways for us. They could take us out and have a ready built planet. Even if they didn't want to live here, they could introduce a different, possibly more advanced being that can take more advanced steps to cleaning up the pollution and getting on to building advanced space craft to supply the progenitor aliens military for security operations or whatever your mind can dream up. Meanwhile humans are put on another planet to start the process over.

You can see that this kind of a process would grow exponentially with the population of various 'slave' beings developing more and more planets for them. They just bring their elite comrades out and they have ready made worlds to take over and run for the 'corporate' alien government. (Yes, Corporate like the greys are called in some reports). It would make their expansion and colonization of the vast areas of space much more efficient. And being advanced aliens, efficiency is key! I could go on with this for days, but alas I am just a lazy human. It would make a good book or movie theme though. And the development scenario and small interplanetary or even interstellar wars break out once in a while because of the taking of planets in territory where lesser races may have just started their space faring expansion of planets and star systems and the much larger Corporate aliens have the military to put down the resistance. That brings up another thought. We humans make good soldiers and pilots. We could even be used for growing their militaries. After all, we have been training in wars since we started here. Now that we got to the level of nuclear and biological warfare, we might be ready to go into advanced space warfare to defend the planets and territories the 'Corporate' aliens have colonized.

Hmmm...kind of wondering if they put that in my mind....just kidding!

edit on 8/11/10 by spirit_horse because: spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Everyone who is saying that aliens would be benevolent are people who have never been through oppression. I promise.

It's arrogant to think that aliens would be any more "civilized" than we are. It's a selfish wish...basically asking a superior species to NOT look after its own interests for the sake of an inferior one...especially when there is historic proof that the inferior species doesn't give two turds about it's own.

It's that type of thinking that is ruining our planet. Mankind, if it does not itself evolve (without the help of a benevolent superior species,) will destroy itself because of its poor tendency to overlook it's own evil.

How can we expect an alien species to respect us when we don't even respect ourselves?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by andy1033

I tend to agree with you and the mistakes most make on this site with humanizing alien intent. But we do know that all living organisms have a purpose to reproduce and survive.

. . . And to harvest Earth for resources when you have mastered interstellar travel is pointless there are more abundant quantities of everything on Earth somewhere else in the galaxy like a moon sized diamond or a alcohol based nebula. Saying there is a resource here and only here is like saying life is here and only here.

That assumes that the desired 'resources' are physical or chemical.

What if they are biological?

Humans like to harvest some long-leaved green plants despite some significant danger from the authorities.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What if humans just taste good. The coyote went out of its way to capture The Road Runner because it was a delicacy.

What if humans are delicacies? It would justify interstellar travel.

We do this all of the time. Do we not set large traps out on the ocean to capture fish or crabs or lobster?

We let the numbers grow back, and then we go right back out there, in the deadly ocean, to capture more.

Because people pay big money for fish, shrimp and seafood!!!

We are THE DEADLIEST CATCH!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well, due to the huge (or infinite) size of the universe I guess there are so many races so I guess there are good and malevolant ones... (and if you look at what happens in the Earth, many races would define US - the humans - as malevolent)... but I think if there is a malevolent race who want's to destroy humanity or whatever, they would have done it already... hundreds of years before... I think we shouldn't think "E.T.'s" got human behavior anyway... I think many people thinks Aliens would occupy earth and steal our resources, but that's what humans do, that's human behavior... maybe there are Aliens who do that too, but I'm optimistic that if we really get a "visitation" that these Aliens are either neutral or really helpful... it would be a New Age or New World Order or whatever... but of course we shouldn't count on that Aliens one day will save our ass, we have to evolve ourselves - with our without help.
But that's just my spiritual point of view, I really don't believe in anythign "bad" (even malevolant people got so, it's the way they're made - by society or what else) I try to stay optimistic, but the chance that we get an Alien visition isn't that big, unless we're about to blow up Earth (with nuclear weapons and that stuff) - if we really get watched and I'm pretty sure about that - they would come and stop us... in a good way...

edit on 8-11-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While I share Hawking's concern to a degree....there is a logical flaw in his thinking. (I know, rather presumptuous of mere me, right?, but hear me out please...)

Why would a star-faring race need Earth's resources (or anyone's for that matter). Nearly every element on Earth, we've detected in far larger quantities elsewhere in the cosmos, so why not go there, get as much as you want, and with no quarrel with the natives? You want water? Stick a cosmic straw in Europa and enjoy....etc. etc.

I don't think the aliens are hostile. Why? Because they've had more than enough time to take us on....and without facing newer and better weapons.

I don't think they are benevolent either. Why? Because if it's true they've been creeping around, abducting folks, etc., then they seem to want secrecy, and you usually don't keep it a secret if you want to help.

Now granted, we only have our own history to use as a metric, but for me, it seems the aliens want to just sit back and not interfere. Perhaps they just want to be sure we stay in our little cosmic sandbox until we're ready to go play on the intergalactic playground, so to speak. Who knows? Nobody, except them of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It would be more likely to produce a fully functional 747 by passing hurricanes over a junk yard for 5 billion years. Than it would be to have complex life just spring up.

Maybe we are just an alien factory, producing the next big thing for them.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

cool thread springer
.I think if Aliens did come to earth we would be toast.lol ,maybe these toughts come from watching the new v series in the last few days.
I honestly think my feelings for this comes from the deception,If they are going around abducting and basicaly raping women and having children with them,SURELY THIS HAS TO SEND ALARM BELLS RINGING!
If they are? I still havent decided if it is phy ops and not Aliens though.There has being too many stories of memories of army and covert groups along side the aliens when these acts are taking place.
I remember hearing of a couple that were kidnapped by soldiers in all black camo gear while on a malibu beach,they were drugged then they were brought in the side of a mountain to a medical unit.While the girl was semi awake they made it look like she was given birth to a creature that looked reptillion in origin.
This case put the doubt in my mind guys,but maybe it was ment to just to do that very thing.
I think they would fleece us blind of resources and if they were meet eaters.They would want to chew on a few people,Would we have the power to fight them? I doubt it very much.
If they were reptillion they might eat David Icke for talking # about them
!!!! Id buy that for a dollar.
if they were good guys,they would say hello!! not hide

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
These aliens are obviously hostile.Good intentioned aliens wouldnt abduct humans against thier will.It warrants a serious crime against humanity.Millions of people are abducted routinely.What is interesting is that the testimony of hundreds of roswell residents that they or their family member saw a downed craft and aliens is disputed.The veracity of testimony is disputed.I had to use that joe pesci line from my cousin vinnie,god bless herman munster-rip.Here you have hundreds of career military people that say we saw a craft and aliens.This cannot be disputed.The case is closed.No better proof can possibly be submitted.They are using us as part of an elaborate video game,to mine resources,breeding projects and much more.Eventually they will conquer us unless we stage a fight.People say if they wanted to conquer us they would have already.In my opinion most races of beings would only have a fraction of the population we have.Overpowering almost 7 billion people isnt easy,these little suckers only weigh about 40 lbs soaking wet.An uppercut would send them to the peruvian rainforest.The problem is we collaberated with them and now people high up need accountability.This is why disclosure hasnt occurred.Who would have won in a steel cage match between george the animal steele and capt lou albano?God bless and thanks for reading my post!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
These aliens are obviously hostile.Good intentioned aliens wouldnt abduct humans against thier will.It warrants a serious crime against humanity.Millions of people are abducted routinely.

The humans are obviously suicidal. safe and forethinking creatures wouldn't destroy plants and animals. It is a karmic crime against the planet. World War 3 is resource extraction hysteria.

Please do love and respect your nature.

They are using us as part of an elaborate video game,to mine resources,breeding projects and much more.Eventually they will conquer us unless we stage a fight.

lol, that's pretty silly,
they are all prepared for a fight,
lol, deep underground, with the most heavily funded military on the planet.

no, pain has been filled.
so the end has passed,
it is a new beginning.
a time for creation.

create the society,
that be your paradise.
all that is asked,
is granted.

The problem is we collaberated with them and now people high up need accountability.This is why disclosure hasnt occurred.!

that's the trouble with earth judicial systems,
is that they are always stabbing you in the foot,
so that people are terrified of being honest or truthful,
as there might be retribution from the punishment centers.

Accept each other,
for whatever it be you do.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, a very interesting read. But some points stick into me like thorns.
If anyone of the nature of Stalin, Hitler, Chengis Khan, Etc Etc, we will never run out of names cos our 'leaders' through time have drooled over power. But none have been succesful.
Blame it on the human spirit?

I believe 'advanced' civilizations need to grow in all aspects of life, not just technologically or military prowess etc.
Spiritual growth is necessary as well to advance. So the aspect of attacking/food resource would not rise.
But it is one of the possibilities.

If they were to get here, if we are capable of any defense - meaning if they just do not flash us out, we should be able to overcome them too. Depend on the human spirit?

Again anything is possible

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There is some much more to it, we are linked to one quite another form of life
in the universe and there is a battle too, for the eternity as my dreams showed.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by TheStev

While I agree that any race/species is likely to have bad actors and good actors, it seems to me that the bad guys never win in the long run.

Springer...

If you were a gorilla, or a chicken, as opposed to a homo sapiens, you might disagree.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hopefully not getting to far off track....
Theres so much information out there, that if only 1% is right, the fact would remain that alien llife does exist. If you take into account all the stories of the "good " aliens and the "bad" aliens, it seems likely that both exist also. Given those probabilities/possibilites, while including some of the well know references to aliens like for example abduction, the following possible scenario occurred to me: (keeping in mind popular notions about alien races) If the greys were created (without reproductive organs) by a race of aliens (possibly reptilian or whoever) for the sole puppose of doing thier bidding, it also seems likely to me that something as intelligent as that would want to break away and reproduce itself at some point. It seems likely to me that they might seek out similar organisms (like us) created with similar DNA to produce a hybrid of sorts which is able to reproduce. Maybe we are all (us and them) slave races to particular more intelligent beings. Us to them (greys) and they to who knows what.......just saying...food for thought (not for aliens
)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
of course i am bias towards the good alien idea! who wants to be a slave or food? lol but i believe the, if they wanted to conquer us they would have already. Ancient alien theory suggests we were helped by them. maybe even the opposite given ancient civilizations that did human sacrifices.
but i try to look at it from a malevolent point of view. i would conquer asap. and seeing how far more advanced then us they are, i would not have to be very tactful. so something would have to be preventing me from doing this. aka good aliens.
from the good aliens point of view, i would assist when it was required, but also not to impose free will. if we came down and changed earth society some people would think we were invading. aka voilating free will. ao only in an extreme case would i interfer.
i dont like the idea of being a slave or worse so i will focua my thoughts on a good outcome.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
oops, wrong thread!

edit on 29-4-2012 by JimOberg because: stupid mistake

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join