It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to put away "all" UFO Video Clips!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think that people will ever stop taking videos, or attempting to document evidence with any means available to them. Striving to provide proof of your beliefs, experience or theory cuts horizontally across every scientific discipline, religion and ideology throughout our civilization.

To be the first to find the missing link, the holy grail, the God particle, or what is hidden on Oak Island? It's all a part of what makes us human and will not go away any time soon. To deny one's curiosity, is to deny one's hardwired instincts.

I hope that I never see the day that people just give up on solving mysteries or searching for their own truths, and working for their own causes. I don't want to live in a society consisting of hopeless souls blindly accepting the status quo set by leaders attempting to control an unruly populace. But hey, that's just my take.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Well, I guess they're backing to abducting us then

But you're right. If the video is too shaky then, it's deemed crap. If it's too clear it's deemed CGI'd. There's no winning so, I'm with you. When I see a 'new' UFO video posted on here, it's not worth the time to comment on them anymore. We have our resident debunkers who swarm down on each thread to shoot it down so, what's the point? And....now what?

I've personally seen UFOs (probably governmental ones) so we can't say they don't exist. And I've had a personal experience so I can't say, something isn't going on so again, now what? Have we become so disenchanted and disgruntled and unpleasing that we just close this whole topic off? I don't know.

Man, we can't trust our government. We can't trust people. We can't trust what we see. We can't trust what we hear. And now we can't trust UFO videos. What's next? Is life just a myriad of lies? Maybe we are living a holographic existence after all.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by jritzmann

[snip]

The cannabis league have badges and T-shirts that say "I smoke the weed". The anti-nuclear folk all wear their ban the bomb badges. Maybe us folk wanting the full UFO truth out there should have a badge too. A sign that says "UFOs are real, don't tell me otherwise, go and do your damned homework, 'cos this is a big deal and I demand some answers."
And we need to support the folk that are at the forefront of this stuff too. Forget all this "I don't like him, he's making money off this subject and he's gone all whacky."

Would be great if Jacques Vallee had an idea of what people could do. But everyone needs to join the club. Numbers. Numbers.

[/snip]

I agree, I also believe that there are Numbers of people waiting to help.

UFO Opinion Polls: Are Politicians Ignoring Voting Block Potential?

The problem is the social stigma that surrounds anyone that declares publicly that they want the subject removed from the MIC and put in the hands of Science. It's going to be really hard to fight against a 60 year campaign of ridicule, but it would be worth the effort.
edit on 6-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: typos

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

nakiannunaki,

I understand the frustration!! I raised the issue a couple of times that I think ATS is becoming a relay for YouTube, where every single video of lights in the sky gets it's own thread but there really isn't much we can do about....

So, if you can't beat 'm, join 'm!!! I am using them now for a weird theory I am working on in a thread right now and if they aren't posted here, I would have to go look for them myself on YouTube.

So...keep 'm coming folks!!!

Peace
edit on 6-11-2010 by operation mindcrime because: added content

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
I think if members would stop "believing" in the large number of obvious hoax videos, it would go a long way to getting the focus on the more unexplainable or not easily debunkable UFO videos.

The problem I see is that when a bad, obvious hoax is posted (one that comes to mind had a production company website address on it), some members REFUSE to believe its not real, even when confronted with evidence that it is an admitted hoax. They will keep insisting that debunkers will never believe anything, even when it is obviously a fraud.

An additional issue is some posters complete lack of knowledge when it comes to video production techniques, capabilities of available software, and how webcams and "live" feeds work in general. People trained in these skills easily can differentiate between "real" footage and a 2nd year Art School student's first attempt at CGI.
I can understand what you are saying and there are obvious hoaxes but how do you separate the wheat from the chaff?What I'm trying to say is there could be a great undebunkable(is that a word?)video and anyone can come by and say its fake I did the video?You see what I mean?How do you tell the difference? there are so many liars out there in internet land,I've never been good at lying but I can look someone in the face and tell if they are lying,it's so much harder on the internet.Again unless its obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I find ufo believers, are much like reilgious ones, it is all based on faith, from the begining of man to even modern day, we hope for some cosmic force to come and interfer with our daily lives. It is a fools dream, would you spend time with ants giving technogly, and helping them move on in life? No

They arent interseted in us, and so many people just cannot accept that, it seems to destory thier lives when they cannot believe in something ..magical.

Aliens are real, we are aliens to some other race, but the fact of the manner is, we are not interseting, nor are we important, even in the slightest, and those of you who use ufology with reilgion in some accepted hope at having a purpose, your efforts are in vain.

It wont be a peaceful transition, people are dumb, even if aliens came in peace, most of you paranoid individuals, would find some comspiracy to not truth these vistors or assume they are lying to you, so you fight back over nothing. This is the reason we will never see them, because we are so inferiour, we cannot even find the truth of a subject without people fighting over it like childish monkeys.

We need to evolve, thats the only way we will ever come close to meeting them, if you think otherwise, well thats your opinion, you can stick with your magical fairytale, or those who arent sane, stick with you magical voices in your head (means your crazy) but if someone posts real ufo footage, i might take a look at it, try to debunk it, and if i cant, i will simply move on with my life, because its either something or nothing, which in most cases its nothing...or CGI.

So i say drop the whole alien forum, ATS is about global comspiracies, not about magical aliens that dont exist (although i would love to meet one, and be on my best behaviour) it simply wont happen, so no point in hoping for it, if we are just...ants on a sidewalk so to speak.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
With the emergence of phones that can take video, I believe it is more likely than ever that a legit large unidentified craft will be captured by more than one person. We will have more witness actually capturing what they see in the sky from different locations.
all I care about are non light orbs, the light orbs are too puny to even give respect too. I want big 600ft TR-3b's or big motherships!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by indianajoe77
I think if members would stop "believing" in the large number of obvious hoax videos, it would go a long way to getting the focus on the more unexplainable or not easily debunkable UFO videos.

The problem I see is that when a bad, obvious hoax is posted (one that comes to mind had a production company website address on it), some members REFUSE to believe its not real, even when confronted with evidence that it is an admitted hoax. They will keep insisting that debunkers will never believe anything, even when it is obviously a fraud.

An additional issue is some posters complete lack of knowledge when it comes to video production techniques, capabilities of available software, and how webcams and "live" feeds work in general. People trained in these skills easily can differentiate between "real" footage and a 2nd year Art School student's first attempt at CGI.
I can understand what you are saying and there are obvious hoaxes but how do you separate the wheat from the chaff?What I'm trying to say is there could be a great undebunkable(is that a word?)video and anyone can come by and say its fake I did the video?You see what I mean?How do you tell the difference? there are so many liars out there in internet land,I've never been good at lying but I can look someone in the face and tell if they are lying,it's so much harder on the internet.Again unless its obvious.

If your not educated on the techniques I've described, rely on the people that are studied on video production/post production techniques. They often post very detailed reasons as to why its a fake and the techniques used to create it.

The problem is that A LOT of people simply ignore the explanation that "debunks" a video, and continue to post page after page, going off on tagents unrelated to the video.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Well, you could say the same thing about the Internet in general, or this site - is there a lot of rubbish, misinformation, speculation, and hoaxes on them? Sure there are. Does that mean that this site and the Internet are useless because of these factors? Absolutely not. Increasing amounts of information and increasing levels of technology and sophistication in information falsification require similar advances in discrimination and processing, that's all. There are things to be learned from any source. The skill is in how to use the data that is found there.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I really wish ATS would do something about these Anti - ATS posters?

If you don't like ATS why don't you just leave this "rubbish" website?

What is the Agenda here?

Why are members always slagging ATS?

You've been making the same points over and over again for the last 3 months, you make me sick...

Why don't you take this to the attention of the owners and stop moaning on the board......

Too many people think that they own this site.. whats stupidity it is to constantly be this ignorant.

look around you.. this site is terrific to the none sanctimonious.

how absurd this is becoming or should I say: logically impossible

edit on 083030p://f03Friday by Seventytwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why not have a verified section here on this site that members could vote for either pictures or video to qualify them for entry. Many here would have much experience in spotting fakes and also spotting submissions that would be candidates for closer scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Any and all information has a chance of not being genuine. Does that mean everybody should just stop writing and/or talking? Seemingly pointless are these threads claiming that any specific "set" of information is automatically bogus, based on previous dis-info. That, my friend, is senseless. The world was once flat, until somebody was (finally) able to provide real evidence proving otherwise. A combination of determination and patience is the key to the truth. A lack of information will lead us nowhere.

Cheers,
Strype

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join