It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more evidence of Jon Stewart's shilldom??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

In the midst of debates on financial regulation and China’s currency in April, Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner sat down to discuss the U.S. economy -- with comedian Jon Stewart. Geithner and Stewart, host of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” held an off-the-record meeting at Stewart’s office in New York on April 2, according to Geithner’s appointments calendar, updated through August on Treasury’s website. Geithner didn’t stay for a television interview with Stewart although other administration officials -- most notably President Barack Obama last week -- have turned up for on-camera chats. “Jon Stewart is influential in America, so we took the opportunity for the two to meet and to discuss the economy,” Treasury spokesman Steve Adamske said in an e-mail yesterday. Stewart’s program has poked fun at Geithner, including a segment last year about the Treasury secretary’s trouble selling his New York home.

An in depth discussion of this possibility was posted on The Daily Bell a few days back as well.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being Jon Stewart

www.thedailybell.com...

Now I've been a Stewart fan for a long time. He's a very funny, insightful man, in the tradition of Will Rogers and Mark Twain. However, recent events have led me to believe that he is just another gatekeeper, protecting the PTB while they play out their endgame. I still watch The Daily Show, and still find it funny. However, I no longer trust Stewart, nor should anyone else at this point.

"Most Trusted Man In America" indeed. Is it coincidence that this title was bestowed upon him by the MSM right before his rally? A rally that was designed to have people lay back and let government solve the problems that they created? I think not.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Bingo! I just read the story and laughed as I saw all of the ducks line up in a nice neat row in my head. Clearly, Geithner had nothing left if he had to go to Stewart. Who's next Al Franken?

I think Stewart will prove to be more a hindrance than an asset as we get closer to the 2012 elections.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just found this snippet over at whatreallyhappened.com.

Very interesting and may go some way to explaining Stewarts perceived influence if true.

www.newworldorderreport.com... ock-Exchange.aspx

Not as many people are aware of it as should be, but Jon Stewart's older brother, Larry Leibowitz, is the chief operating officer of the New York Stock Exchange

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Its true.

Here's brother Larry. What a resemblance

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f44c5937f6ec.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 4-11-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I should add this little nugget---Stewart's staff attacking We Are Change on camera over 9/11 Truth.

edit on 4-11-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think if you lock 10 ATS members in a room, eventually all of them will be accused of being a shill. I could present evidence tomorrow of war crimes, and be accused of being a shill. I could present evidence of every major theory ever presented on ATS and be accused of being a shill for it. If I was on the news tomorrow and said the entire system is a false illusion, that presidents are merely puppets, and here is the proof... the following day ATS members would be accusing me of being a shill.

We need to just accept that the harder a person fights the more likely that person is of being called a shill...

This is the unfortunate insanity that exists on the leper island known as ATS.
edit on 4-11-2010 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I think if you lock 10 ATS members in a room, eventually all of them will be accused of being a shill. I could present evidence tomorrow of war crimes, and be accused of being a shill. I could present evidence of every major theory ever presented on ATS and be accused of being a shill for it. If I was on the news tomorrow and said the entire system is a false illusion, that presidents are merely puppets, and here is the proof... the following day ATS members would be accusing me of being a shill.

We need to just accept that the harder a person fights the more likely that person becomes of being called a shill...

This is the unfortunate insanity that exists on the leper island known as ATS.

Oh look. Another shill.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ummm...What's a ' shill ' ?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Darn, I had hoped by suggesting it was crazy to call everyone a shill I would have shadow-illusioned you all into thinking I couldn't possibly be a shill... Alas, my illuminati tactics did not work.

link   
Here I love Jon Stewart and make a point of watching him when I get the chance.

I don't believe him to be anything but integral and for social justice in every form.

But you do have do raise an eyebrow (as Jon would) at the fact his brother is the Chief Operating Office of the NY stock exchange!

Don't cha?

-m0r

link   
I highly disagree with your assesment of Jon Stewart... Everyone has the right to their opinion, Including Jon Stewart.

Just because he made a choice that didn't agree with your perspective and helped the so called "enemy" doesn't mean he works for the enemy...

I'm Surprised at anyone who's a Jon Stewart Fan and can call him a Shill... pure BS. He's put more politians and business folks in their place.

We should be happy and lucky that there is still a show that doesn't have to fall to the level of CNN or MSNBC.

Fox

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I don't think that Stewart is a shill. Although he is on TV so he might be a corporate shill I don't see him being a TPTB shill when he spends most of his show insulting the Mainstream Media. It doesn't really matter, he's a funny man and his job is basically to skewer the news media and point out their hypocrisy - he does a great job at that regardless of who he's working for.

top topics

join