It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians stage mass protest against

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

www.breitbart.com

Thousands of Iranians chanted "Death to America" as they staged Thursday a mass protest against the "Great Satan" to mark the 31st anniversary of the capture of the American embassy by Islamist students.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Seems like things in Iran are starting to degrade at an even more alarming rate than before. I pulled this from a news feed i watch daily, found here: www.raptureready.com...

Scrolling back, you can see a lot of other relevant items that get left out of the headlines as well. It's been quite a week for that corner of the world.

www.breitbart.com

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
*facepalm*

My father is somewhat of an islamophobe. I always end up trying to convince him that the crazies are in the minority.

These people make it really hard on me. I'm beginning to believe moderate Muslims are in the minority.

I mean, the great satan? Seriously?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read someone's opinion recently that had a lot of gravity to it. The person said that the peaceful muslims are as much in fault as the extremists because they do nothing to squelch the terrorism. I have to agree. As a christian I would feel the need to speak out against my fellow christians if they performed acts of terrorism. However, the Koran teaches that what the extremists are doing is a good thing, so I guess therein lies the answer of why.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

This protest was a choreographed, long-planned, and highly organized event. Saying Iranians staged a mass protest against the US is a rather heavy-handed interpretation considering the organizers are the ones who set the agenda, tone, and coverage of it.

Whenever media gets involved in these things it will be 'made interesting'. But consider this:

School children? Speeches decrying the American policy-makers as, for lack of a better word, "exhausted bureaucrats?" and by the way.. .the "Great Satan" comment comes from the organizers... "thousands"? And where are they today? .... going about their lives, because the protest was a "show" and now it's over.

World leaders are media whores who use public relations and marketing techniques to bolster their 'influence' - that's all. Don't buy into the 'theater' and you'll see that 10 days from now, no one even remembers this 'protest.'

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RapturedNotBeamed

www.breitbart.com

Thousands of Iranians chanted "Death to America" as they staged Thursday a mass protest against the "Great Satan" to mark the 31st anniversary of the capture of the American embassy by Islamist students.

A perfect example of why I won't shed a tear when the extremists get what's coming to them. I just hope that the innocent victims don't get caught in the crossfire...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
*facepalm*

My father is somewhat of an islamophobe. I always end up trying to convince him that the crazies are in the minority.

These people make it really hard on me. I'm beginning to believe moderate Muslims are in the minority.

I mean, the great satan? Seriously?

Iran's population is 70 million.

It says that there were ''thousands of protesters''.

Even if we take an extreme interpretation of that figure as 999,000, then that would still only constitute 1.4% of the Iranian population.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Iran's population is 70 million.

It says that there were ''thousands of protesters''.

Even if we take an extreme interpretation of that figure as 999,000, then that would still only constitute 1.4% of the Iranian population.

Though I understand where you're coming from,
it only takes one well placed spark to start a fire.
... just saying.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think it's interesting to note that the Roman catholic church and Islam are getting close to a merge... in which case events like this might cease to exist all together. All for one and one for NWO, I guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RapturedNotBeamed

Seems like things in Iran are starting to degrade at an even more alarming rate than before. I pulled this from a news feed i watch daily, found here: www.raptureready.com...

Scrolling back, you can see a lot of other relevant items that get left out of the headlines as well. It's been quite a week for that corner of the world.

www.breitbart.com

Things are degrading in Iran? If that is your logic, then I guess things are degrading in America when you have many rallies screaming "we must invade Iran!". Oh wait, that's not degradation, that's nationalism.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Things are degrading in Iran? If that is your logic, then I guess things are degrading in America when you have many rallies screaming "we must invade Iran!". Oh wait, that's not degradation, that's nationalism.

I'll have to admit, I've never seen or heard about any rallies where Americans are screaming, "We must invade Iran"!

Tho I have seen many, many rallies where people in Iran are screaming, "Death to America".

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Has that happened?

When and where and how many took place?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

"If he really thinks we're the devil, then let's send 'em to hell"

Blue Oyster Cult
Divine Wind

I personally would like to thank Iran for all the power they have given us Americans ever since they overthrew the Shaw in the 70's. I mean, the Devil has the power to send people to hell, right? That's an awful lot of power to give to someone. But once again, thank you Iran! We're doing the best we can to live up to the challenge.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Rallies from the American corporate, military and political elite, of course. There's been plenty of peace rallies in the US by regular people but it is clear that their opinion has no place in conducting US policy considering they are too poor to pay for a public lobby in Washington to direct the course of action of the plutocratic Anerican government.

Edit: hey, poster above me. Don't ever insult the BOC to justify your warmongering. They have a message that goes far beyond your thinking. In fact, they have a message that goes beyond war itself. Listen to "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".
edit on 4-11-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: Had to defend one of they greatest musical bands of all time

new topics

top topics

join