It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did somebody just try to buy the British government?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I myself am a Lord , with out putting to much stock on the source I will make some inquires .I however reside outside of the U.K . Do not expect any further information from me for at least a week .There a much stranger and more dangerous things a foot that have my attention right now . .

If you were really a lord your spelling and grammar would be better.

Even Etonian educated "royals" could barely pass their "art history" degree.

Granted, but he's clearly not a lord.

Really ? I am not concerned with grammar as it does not pay my bills . Ironic is it not that two Universities are named after me ? They say my kind are the elitist , take a good look at yourself friend .I care not for my spelling at 5am nor your worthless opinion .Good luck with your post .Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame .

edit on 3-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because could not enter reply .
edit on 3-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

Let's play:

What's your name? extra DIV

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I had to smile at the comments on the guardian blog;
www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, you might think this is all barmy. After all, mystery foundations with vast quantities of gold bullion-backed securities to invest in the British economy don't come along every day. It's tempting to think that James has been the victim of a particularly convincing Nigerian email scam.

I do hope this poor Lord hasn't been led down the garden path - I'm not surprised people are keeping their distance, anything that seems too good to be true often is.
edit on 3-11-2010 by digitalf because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Depends if he brought one of those little squares of land and a certificate

www.regaltitles.com...

On a more serious note, I have been on the other thread chatting about this very interesting development.. and have been racking my brain as to how would hold such funds (perhaps the purchaser of all the unwanted Jewellery?) I've gone over the Hansard a few times to see what clues their are..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Depends if he brought one of those little squares of land and a certificate

www.regaltitles.com...

On a more serious note, I have been on the other thread chatting about this very interesting development.. and have been racking my brain as to how would hold such funds (perhaps the purchaser of all the unwanted Jewellery?) I've gone over the Hansard a few times to see what clues their are..

I really don't know, but it isn't the Vatican. It would make no sense to hide the name of the 'foundation' only to later reveal it later in the same speech.

It could be a nation state.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

It has to be one of the large banking families like the Rothschilds, it has to be people who have more wealth than most nations. Its an interesting story anyway

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
I had to smile at the comments on the guardian blog;
www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, you might think this is all barmy. After all, mystery foundations with vast quantities of gold bullion-backed securities to invest in the British economy don't come along every day. It's tempting to think that James has been the victim of a particularly convincing Nigerian email scam.

I do hope this poor Lord hasn't been led down the garden path - I'm not surprised people are keeping their distance, anything that seems too good to be true often is.
edit on 3-11-2010 by digitalf because: typo

Foundation X was introduced to me 20 weeks ago last week by an eminent City firm, which is FSA controlled. Its chairman came to me and said, "We have this extraordinary request to assist in a major financial reconstruction. It is megabucks, but we need your help to assist us in understanding whether this business is legitimate".

If someone has been scammed, it is not the Lord, it is the firm who were originally approached.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That's certainly my stand point, and the need to check the veracity of the offer seems to mean that it does not come from a nation state the UK is directly allied to, or a nation of standing in the world, yet the leaders of this foundation only expect to talk to the top 6?? means they have the kind of expectations one would expect to see in Royalty.. my best guess is one of the oil rich ME states.

I did forward the notion (under tin foil hat) that this might marry into the "get of of dodge" type noises made by some Saudi's, and also might explain the silence over the recent sentencing of a Saudi Royal, and the "good guys" warning about the recent AQ threats.. even so, they would be well known to the UK.. so I am still left puzzling.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I myself am a Lord , with out putting to much stock on the source I will make some inquires .I however reside outside of the U.K . Do not expect any further information from me for at least a week .There a much stranger and more dangerous things a foot that have my attention right now . .

Can you please say more, about those more dangerous things which are afoot? In the spirit of keeping the people informed? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

(perhaps the purchaser of all the unwanted Jewellery?)

I thought the banks were responsible for buying consumer gold/jewellery anyhow ?

Germany's Bundesbank , the world's second-largest official holder of gold with 3417.4 tons, has 66.3% of its reserves in gold. Source : www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Modern Gold Rush : www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-11-2010 by digitalf because: 'consumer' addition

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been reading, in another context, that the Queen actually put the British Isles up as security on some kind of backroom, dark deal and can't repay the debt, and that she is bankrupt, moreover - and that as a result, Switzerland now officially owns British Isles. I cant confirm this, but nothing would surprise me any more.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Actually, thats probably not too far fetched. As practical jokes go it is a good one. :-)

Yes Mr Cameron billions of pounds in gold, all for you, now we just need your bank account details to make the transfer....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

It has to be one of the large banking families like the Rothschilds, it has to be people who have more wealth than most nations. Its an interesting story anyway

Again wouldn't those cartels be already well know to the UK gov and in good standing.. the Rothchilds built one of the prettiest Synagogues in Europe.. just happens to be in Brighton
so they have splashed their cash around the UK.. also who would lend interest free? unless it was simply moving the cash that is more important and tying it up in the bricks of mortar of this nation more important than the interest that cash could bring.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be great if it was some benign organisation wanting to circumvent the Illuminati gangster banksters and start to turn this whole thing around.

I know, wishful thinking, polyanna thoughts .......... but hey, why always expect the worst!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf

(perhaps the purchaser of all the unwanted Jewellery?)

I thought the banks were responsible for buying the gold anyhow ?

Germany's Bundesbank , the world's second-largest official holder of gold with 3417.4 tons, has 66.3% of its reserves in gold. Source : www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Modern Gold Rush : www.youtube.com...

I know someone (not a scam artist) who has been part of the buying gold blitz.. and they take it to London (am guessing different nations different places) where by they sell as a lot, it's smelted as a lot (regardless of purity) into ingots and then transported somewhere.. thus far I have no idea where it goes, the whole process seems more like someone who just wants gold than a bank.

Edit to add
it is interesting to note how they where disputing the volume of gold out there.. which I guess for them includes the stocks of gold we know nothing about..

edit on 3/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Read my earlier post. You don't circumvent the system by giving money to the government? You go directly to the people! If this organization happens to be successful it will be, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss!"

We won't get fooled again song.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Actually, thats probably not too far fetched. As practical jokes go it is a good one. :-)

Yes Mr Cameron billions of pounds in gold, all for you, now we just need your bank account details to make the transfer....

You know, a few years ago I thought it was far fetched that the US government could have killed its own citizens on 9/11, I believed London 7/7 was a genuine attack, I believed the story of the Holocaust was true, you wanna tell me this is too far fetched????? I honestly believe anything is possible with these gangstes.

We are presented a total fiction via the Tel-Lie-Vision and the MSM, and the so called 'government' but there is a whole huge world of cut throat financial deals/crimes going on behind the scenes about which we know nothing, and these are the events which actually determine world history.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Its the wording that doesn't make any sense. A donation is very different from an investment. If it was investment in large infrastructure there are many sovereign wealth funds that could fit the bill. That wouldn't be odd. Its the fact it touted as a donation. That suggests no expectation of a return on the funds.

Its either a scam, or something genuinely odd.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Oh yes, I know....but one can always have a moment of pleasant fantasy.

The person who says they will take the right to print money away from the BofA/Federal Reserve, and return it to the government, will re-establish Common Law, reform the judiciary, ban any high level Freemasons from being in positions of power because of the conflict of interest as a result of the vows they take, etc, is the day I will sit up and listen.

Until then, I can occasionally take some time out from the doom and gloom and dream!

edit on 3-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What bugs me about the scam theory is that he says he has been working on this for 20 weeks, with the support of various high rankers in city firms, the BoE, and the treasury.

Someone amongst that group would have their head screwed on enough to call it out if it was a scam, surely?

I have come to the absolute conclusion that foundation X is completely genuine and sincere and that it directly wishes to make the United Kingdom one of the principal points that it will use to disseminate its extraordinarily great wealth into the world at this present moment, as part of an attempt to seek the recovery of the global economy.

So the foundation needs to be an organisation that has £22b in liquid assets, and which stands to gain more from the growth of the UK economy than it would from the capital and interest on a £22b investment.

OR...

They are the worlds biggest benevolent fund.

I don't know of many organisations that this applies to!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What bugs me about the scam theory is that he says he has been working on this for 20 weeks, with the support of various high rankers in city firms, the BoE, and the treasury.

Someone amongst that group would have their head screwed on enough to call it out if it was a scam, surely?

I have come to the absolute conclusion that foundation X is completely genuine and sincere and that it directly wishes to make the United Kingdom one of the principal points that it will use to disseminate its extraordinarily great wealth into the world at this present moment, as part of an attempt to seek the recovery of the global economy.

So the foundation needs to be an organisation that has £22b in liquid assets, and which stands to gain more from the growth of the UK economy than it would from the capital and interest on a £22b investment.

OR...

They are the worlds biggest benevolent fund.

I don't know of many organisations that this applies to!

I few things confuse me and one of them is this appearing in the Hansard, it's almost as tho this is meant to be leaked out to the press..

Those with longer noses that we have must know by now who this foundation x is, and I would assume the media will find out quick enough... hence the leak.. perhaps they are trying to use the press to verify the veracity of the offer??? I really am floundering on this one

I also have issues with this claim to want to boost the world economy also seems rather strange, especially if it is focused only on the UK.. I would understand major investment in some form of manufacturing or some such.. but how will building hosptials, schools, and crossrail boost the world economy..

Perhaps the information is being released to see if any other Gov comes forward having received similar offers. As I say I am struggling with this one.. perhaps it is us being scammed by the peers to redirect our attentions??

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join