It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did somebody just try to buy the British government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Now, I don't visit here very often any more, but I have just come across an article that absolutely has to be shared.

This is the most remarkable story I have read in a very long time. It appears that a highly secretive organisation has attempted to buy the UK out of recession. Two days ago a member of the House of Lords made a speech highlighting some extraordinary events that have taken place over the past 6 months.

I have searched for a duplicate, but I'm fairly sure this hasn't come up on ATS yet.

Here are some choice quotes, which are all on the official record:

For the past 20 weeks I have been engaged in a very strange dialogue with the two noble Lords, in the course of which I have been trying to bring to their attention the willing availability of a strange organisation which wishes to make a great deal of money available to assist the recovery of the economy in this country.

I have come to the absolute conclusion that foundation X is completely genuine and sincere and that it directly wishes to make the United Kingdom one of the principal points that it will use to disseminate its extraordinarily great wealth into the world at this present moment.

I found myself between a rock and a hard place...because the foundation X people have an amazing obsession with their own security. They expect to be contacted only by someone equal to head of state status or someone with an international security rating equal to the top six people in the world. This is a strange situation.

I am presently trying to digest this before I comment further, but I have to say at this moment, I am basically stunned.

Blog available here:

Blog

Hansard record available here (column 1538):
Hansard

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
my first instincts would be to wonder what there motive is....all tht money etc thr has to be something behind it hmmmm nothing really to add but very strange

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is incredible. Here's the video - skip to the 2:43 mark I believe -

news.bbc.co.uk...

Why does this seem so - obvious? I mean is it really that common for shadow organization to try and buy governments nowadays?

I'd love to know more about this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Interesting story mate, it doesnt surprise me at all.

I can not access that blog URL, anyone else experiencing this?

A couple of 'X's come to mind:

Rothschild
The London Corporation
French Shadow Government or an affiliate of.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

In fact there is an existing thread under the name "Purchasing the British Government", if anyone wants to compare notes.

edit on 3-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Interesting story mate, it doesnt surprise me at all.

I can not access that blog URL, anyone else experiencing this?

A couple of 'X's come to mind:

Rothschild
The London Corporation
French Shadow Government or an affiliate of.

The site is experiencing a huge amount of traffic, so it's pretty flaky at the mo. It's worth noting that Hansard, the official record keepers for the Government, have a record of all that has been said. This can't be buried now, but there is no mainstream coverage that I can find, as yet.

I'd add Vatican to your list too.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually, just found a Guardian opinion piece on this:
The Guardian

This body, which he calls "Foundation X", apparently has huge reserves of gold bullion-backed funds. On some estimates, these funds amount to more than the entire gold bullion mined from the earth. With such great wealth, Foundation X is understandably secretive and only wishes to discuss the disbursement of its funds with a head of state or one of the "top six people in the world". So for 20 weeks, James investigated the foundation.

edit on 3/11/10 by Smokersroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One more update - BBC has the video here (2hr34'20sec onwards):
BBC

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I myself am a Lord , with out putting to much stock on the source I will make some inquires .I however reside outside of the U.K . Do not expect any further information from me for at least a week .There a much stranger and more dangerous things a foot that have my attention right now . .

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I myself am a Lord , with out putting to much stock on the source I will make some inquires .I however reside outside of the U.K . Do not expect any further information from me for at least a week .There a much stranger and more dangerous things a foot that have my attention right now . .

If you were really a lord your spelling and grammar would be better.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Any government can be bought..

But as for the people?

No fricken way!

They with money and "percieved" power had better remember that we cut the head off our own king!

The REAL power is the warrior bred peoples of this isle who will smash them to pieces if they keep pushing us!

No joke!

The dye is already cast for this governnent.. For their families sake they had better have their bug out plan ready.. That includes the queens lot.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Even Etonian educated "royals" could barely pass their "art history" degree.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Granted, but he's clearly not a lord.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Could you explain exactly why he could not be?
Am interested in what your opinion is of why.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

hi there Smokersroom,

long time no see on here, glad you are ok.

thanks for posting this.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Quoting wrong post .
edit on 3-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Odd development, and odd that it would be making the mainstream rounds.

Here is my issue. If a decent philanthropic organization wanted to fix the entire economy, they could do this:

1. Set up satellite offices in many cities.
2. Advertise heavily for about 1 week what their intentions are.....
or, don't advertise, but secretly contact banks and lenders.....
3. Slowly begin paying off mortgages and car loans for working families.

This would save the housing market, the lending market, and the working families, and it would create some disposable income for the families affected. It would help the job market recover, and it would probably reap investment benefits for the organization. Assuming a large amount of their funds are in the financial markets, they could invest many billions of dollars, and probably see it returned to them in their investment accounts as the economy turns around!

Of course, if it were my organization, I would have a short, but strict application process. The families must be working and trying to stay afloat, and they must pass a drug test, and they must not immediately sell the home or car that was being paid off. Maybe a 12 month cooling off period before they could sell or trade the items we paid off.

Anyhow, if the offer was for real, then surely they would be intelligent enough to not give the money to a government.
Surely they would put it on the ground where it would do some actual good.

On another note......isn't this what the Queen is for? I mean, doesn't she already own the government, and have all the riches of the nation? Surely she could foot the bill, instead of selling out to an outsider?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Granted, but he's clearly not a lord.

Really ? I am not concerned with grammar as it does not pay my bills . Ironic is it not that two Universities are named after me ? They say my kind are the elitist , take a good look at yourself friend .I care not for my spelling at 5am nor your worthless opinion .Good luck with your post .Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame .

edit on 3-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because could not enter reply .
edit on 3-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
just had to add.....

maybe its an elaborate Nigerian email scam !! ...lol

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic

Could you explain exactly why he could not be?
Am interested in what your opinion is of why.

Seriously? OK.

A lord would know that taking part in idle speculation on conspiracy websites is not going to do their career or reputation any good. Especially with the intelligence services that undoubtedly monitor their activity closely.

Secondly, he is based abroad? That narrows our options very considerably - well done on remaining incognito! Smart chap.

Thirdly, it does not match the expected behavior of a Lord. They are notoriously fastidious in their approach to release and control of information. Granted there will be some variation from peer to peer, but I do not think they would use ATS as a forum for discussion. Rather use the 'old boy' network.

Lastly, I have to address the grammar. I have no doubt that peers are as fallible as the next man, but I have reasonable doubt that, since he cannot correctly structure a sentence, he is not the sort of person who has the calibre to help govern the 6th largest economy in the world.

None of these stand on their own but, combined, it is easily enough to convince me he is not a lord.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join