It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did somebody just try to buy the British government?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Foundation X is quite obviously the Office of International Treasury Control on another jaunt around the empire - or obvious to me at least.

Here's their Wiki page for anyone that is interested

Taking on the UK though - well that's some big talk. It's odd that the honorably Lord with his previous positions within Lloyds, several flagging companies whom he aided into correction and then overseeing the finances of the former shadow government would fail to know about them though.

It's further odd that the Labour government weren't approached as they would have kowtowed to them in order to stay in power.

Funny stuff which will hopefully open up for further amusement.

Be nice to hear what Lord 13th Zodiac is investigating behind the scenes.

-m0r

Given the organisation you mention and the lord in question both put in separate (and failed) bids to acquire MG, I am certain the Lord in question (and UK gov) knows them well enough by now to determine if the offer that has been made is a genuine one without all the fluff or cloak and dagger stuff the Hansard seems to imply.

Which is why I feel inclined to dismiss them as an being Foundation x.. besides paying for schools, Hospitals and crossrail without a return of investment seems far to altruistic for an Office of International Treasury Control
edit on 4/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Foundation X is quite obviously the Office of International Treasury Control on another jaunt around the empire - or obvious to me at least.

Hey m0r1arty. I'm with thoughtsfull on this. It can't be the OITC. Lord James is an expert in money laundering and fraud prevention.

A scammer would be unwise to target such a knowledgeable member of the house if they intended to successfully defraud the UK govt.

On the contrary, in fact.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

I'd be with each of you apart from his previous work experience.

What if the MG deal was being played by both 'bidders' as one?

What if the right honourable Lord is in league with with the OITC - after all he even admits in his speech that he would not be the best person to approach regarding initial contact of such magnitude.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Hey m0r1arty. I'm with thoughtsfull on this. It can't be the OITC. Lord James is an expert in money laundering and fraud prevention.

A scammer would be unwise to target such a knowledgeable member of the house if they intended to successfully defraud the UK govt.

On the contrary, in fact.

is he really saying he helped launder money for terror organizations...?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
For me the Hansard implies a lot of fluff from Foundation X e.g. the expectation to talk directly with senior global figures. A lot of cloak and dagger stuff from the peers e.g checking the legitimacy of the funds. Both of which denote a high level org who are not known very well by the City or UK Gov. Still on the Gold Standard means they are a pre-1920s set up.

List of possible candidates for Foundation X List

Vatican
Well known to the UK Gov, no need to ask for a one to one with Queenie/Pm as the Pope has just had one of those (so in my mind I discount them)

OITC
Known to the UK Gov and peer in question (failed bids to take over MG) I would question why they would insist on speaking only with someone at a global level, and certainly don't feel an org claiming to date from 1945 would still be on the Gold standard.

Western Bill Gates type
Not sure he/or his ilk would invest £22 billion in the UK (one of the principle nations) besides these figures would be well known to the city, and this peer not to question the source of the funds.

Rothchild types
Again all well known to the UK, the Rothschilds have invested a lot over the years, they would not need to go to the UK gov to do this.

ME Royalty (Saudi etc)
Would be well known to the UK as would the Source of their income.

Nation states like China,
Again well known to the UK as would be the source of their income, and I see no reason for nation states like china to invest in UK Hospitals or Schools.

Aside from the lesser known (in the West) rich guys in Asia or the Far East I am unsure who Foundation X is.

I am stumped... some one made a throw away remark about the Templars, and I can not help but feel given how many I keep discounting an illuminati/masonic Org might be stepping forward from the shadows..

Please feel free to rip my ideas apart

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Well if it would be the Templars.. They would be foolish to give their position away.

That being sad, they could be involved, but I doubt they would reveal their basic organisation, they would use some front organisation or similar.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Is someone really buying the British government?
Is this a joke? I would like to know more!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'd be with each of you apart from his previous work experience.

What if the MG deal was being played by both 'bidders' as one?

What if the right honourable Lord is in league with with the OITC - after all he even admits in his speech that he would not be the best person to approach regarding initial contact of such magnitude.

-m0r

If this was a bid to reinvigorate the steel industry in the north, or inject cash into the new green tech then I would say it could be these guys.. and for me thinking it is them falls down on where the cash is heading (Schools, Hospitals) and their hands off approach being offered, where as the stated goals of the OITC is helping nations manage these types of projects together in partnership..

So the projects in question and the approach they are using is contrary to their own stated goals, which is one of the fundamentals of why I discount them as being foundation X.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.zdnet.co.uk...

its starting pop up all over the place..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Im really begining to beleive this supposed FOUNDATION X is the work of the OITC group as mentioned previously.

Have a look at the website here - The website

A introduction video produced by the group, which i must add is a classic

Watch Video introduction

confirming that these guys are total jokers. i used their reference from said website which was -
[Charter Control No: 10-60847] and placed it in google to find a whole load of attempted scams which appear to be in the same vein. such as

MG Motors

Info from Cambodia

also check these for further info google results

Peace to all
7anked

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Well if it would be the Templars.. They would be foolish to give their position away.

That being sad, they could be involved, but I doubt they would reveal their basic organisation, they would use some front organisation or similar.

My use of the Templars was rather a throw away comment and I used it in an attempt to encompass the shadow orgs that plague ATS.. So if they do exist, then perhaps this front (Foundation X) is one of those incarnations, for all we know they might actually be called Foundation X..
now that would be funny

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
He did not say who Foundation X was. Perhaps they know that America is going down as well as a good part of the Euro Zone and for whatever reason need to have one stable economy in the West hence the offer -

Now up on you tube -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I cant help but think about the templar.

Its just all the secrecy about it all and not wanting to do a deal unless its with a head of state. Allso the british broke away from the catholic church at one point didnt we?
so maybe we are the best choice for them? and then there is the amount of wealth these guys have, the templar treasure was never found was it?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
He did not say who Foundation X was. Perhaps they know that America is going down as well as a good part of the Euro Zone and for whatever reason need to have one stable economy in the West hence the offer -

Now up on you tube -

www.youtube.com...

Incredible, thanks.. did I hear a slip when he said "this company" when referring to foundation X?

I'll certainly be listening to the speech again. It does sound like he is frustrated at not getting anywhere with the gov.. and sounds more like he is spilling the beans to get the story out there.

I wonder if a senior member of the UK gov has followed up with a phone call to the "chairman" (10:50)

Thanks

edit to embed the linky you kindly shared

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
I cant help but think about the templar.

Its just all the secrecy about it all and not wanting to do a deal unless its with a head of state. Allso the british broke away from the catholic church at one point didnt we?
so maybe we are the best choice for them? and then there is the amount of wealth these guys have, the templar treasure was never found was it?

Britain has repeatedly over the last 1,600 years broken away from the Catholic church.. The first spat being with a gentlemen named Pelagius who defined those in Rome as not only not teaching the message Christ brought to us, but of also being corrupt, the response from Rome resulted in the foundation of the rules that make the Roman Catholic church what it is today.

Poor Wiki links but they'll help any interested
The Gentleman in question.
en.wikipedia.org...
His religious view that was adopted in Britain and elsewhere
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's my take al Qaeda comes from the Arabic noun qā'idah, which means foundation or basis, so Foundation X might refer to the X chromosome which makes up more of female DNA than males. DNA is the base for determining genetic makeup after all.

Al Qaeda is just a slippery butter pie that needs to be watched lest they Usurp the entire British government IMHO.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Probably more disturbing is the fact that a statement like this did not even seemed to raise any eyebrows.

Which , IMO, seems to show:

a) Nobody cares at what happens in the Lords

b) The Lords do not care about what they are doing

As to the fact itself, I will assume he misread something in his spam folder.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey, great find! This Lord James is hilarious. His biggest client was the IRA!

I wonder if he has given them any money yet...or if this "foundation X" are just in it for the lols...

..I vote pranksters rather than conmen. It's amazing how easy it is to fool the rich and vain if you flatter their egos.

And yes, nobody is really listening to these old duffers ramble on in the House of Lords, half of them don't live in the real world.
edit on 4/11/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some more coverage:

The Telegraph

And very importantly - Today denying it is UNOITC:

ZD Net Security Bullet In

"I'm convinced it's bona fide," said James. "I've been working on this case for five months, and I've not found a single reason [to think otherwise]."

James told ZDNet UK that he had not been approached by the UNOITC, and that there were no links between Foundation X and UNOITC.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

thanks
for the linkys

He seemed so desperate to get this info out there.. I can not help but feel that perhaps the offer has a deadline.

We shall see now that it is making more waves in the press..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join