It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my biggest disappointment with this election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
is the fact that Harry Reid got re-elected and
beat Angle in the election after the polls clearly
had Angle defeating Reid.

How in the hell can Reid get re-elected with
an approval rating under 40%? That is the big
question Angle and millions of others want
answered.

Something is amiss here. I heard rumors that
Angle has already filed a suit against Reid so
I don't think this race is over just yet.

www.politicsdaily.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It is voter fraud. I have no doubts. Just a couple weeks ago there was reports of a "glitch". When people would go to vote, Reid was automatically selected as the default selection. When you changed it and cast the vote, it was still recorded as a vote for Reid. I have been trying to find the article I read for quite a few minutes now but I can not seem to find it. Maybe others would have better luck.

and this whole thing just supports my opinion that your vote does not matter. Voting in this country is meant to give you an illusion of choice. When the reality is, no matter whom you choose, the person who goes into office is there to further an agenda. It is all one big scam and "We the people" would get a lot farther, faster if we would stop participating in the scam.
edit on 3-11-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

edited for my spelling and to get on my soapbox
edit on 3-11-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Even so, do you really want Angle anywhere near DC?

Seriously, I'm glad O'Donnell went down in flames and Angle should too based on the things she's said.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was surprised with this one too. Considering not only that his approval rating was under 40% but that his disapproval rating was 51%. Under normal circumstances, I would not cast a lot in the voter fraud pool, but after seeing the polls leading up to this election, the stories of voting machine issue and illegals, this one is a little fishy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
and here is how Reid's back stabbing worked.
Reid's DEM campaign helped finance
Sharron Angle's campaign throughout
the caucuses and primaries cuz Reid
did not want to face the tougher GOP
candidates in the main election. So he
helped Angle defeat them cuz he knew he
stood a better chance of defeating Angle
in the election. It's called eliminating
the opponent's star players in the first half
of the game.

The senator orchestrated a long list of political maneuvers -- ensuring the defeat of a three-term Republican congressman, getting a potential rival a federal judiciary appointment, possibly even having a hand in a specious, later dismissed, indictment of the sitting lieutenant governor -- to clear the field of well-known, popular opponents. Angle was, indeed, the "one Harry Reid wanted to face."

"More than a year ago, I was in Harry Reid's office in Washington and he told me his opponent was going to be Sharron Angle," said U.S. Rep. Shelley Berkley, D-Las Vegas, who easily was re-elected Tuesday. "I walked out of his office thinking, 'Oh. My. God. This is the beginning of the end. The man has lost it.' She wasn't even registering. She wasn't even an official candidate!"

www.politicsdaily.com...

and the same story from another source

Reid's machinations helped Barack Obama win the state by 12 points in 2008 after George W. Bush had won Nevada twice. And they helped engineer a primary win for Angle, a little-known far-right character, over potentially more appealing candidates in this year's Republican primary.

www.politico.com...

[snip] I hate politics some times
it's downright disgusting and dishonorable.
Harry you are a cheat and a liar !!!
You don't deserve to hold the office.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
isn't there some law against this???

I mean really???

Having a hand in giving an opponent a judiciary job
so they won't run against you. And then spreading
ethics charges against a Lt. Gov to null that candidate
out of a race. Then funding a GOP patsy with DEM
campaign contributions. How the hell is all this ethical?
or even legal?

geez we need campaign reform BADDDDD !!!!

and Harry needs to go to jail and be impeached.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
That's one hell of a brutal strategy. Call me crazy - but I have an intellectual respect for someone who can play that kind of game. That is my kind of game.

However, it has no place in a functional government.

But ours is non-functional, so it's all good. If I run for national office, I'd tone things down a bit and gift my prospective opponents consulting jobs, cars with faulty brakes, under-age hookers with recording devices, bugged computers, and dispatch my minions to court their children.

You know, run a more honest campaign than these guys.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You are disappointed?

I'm from Massachusetts. That, my friend, is REAL disappointment.

New Hampshire here I come

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Amen Mr. Wendel! Couldn't have said it better myself. If I could I'd give you 20 stars.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Maybe a lot of people who got polled were lying. Maybe a lot of people who didn't get polled were going to vote for Reid. Maybe the people don't approve of him, but are afraid of the insanity of the other option (hell, I was).

All sorts of things change the outcome of elections, not just vote fraud.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Is this the article you had in mind?

www.washingtonexaminer.com... ting-machine-technicians-are-members-of-SEIU-105815608.html#ixzz13Yuk921B

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

oh my, this is from that link u provided

Now there's absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet), but it is worth noting that the voting machine technicians in Clark County are members of the Service Employees International Union. The SEIU spent $63 million in elections in 2008 and is planning on spending $44 million more this election cycle -- nearly all of that on Democrats. White House political director Patrick Gaspard is formerly the SEIU's top lobbyist, and former SEIU president Andy Stern was the most frequent visitor to the White House last year.

Just in Nevada, the SEIU has given a lot to groups that are heavily vested in the state -- in just one prominent example, the SEIU gave $500,000 to the Patriot Majority PAC, which has spent $1.3 million against Reid's opponent Sharron Angle. They've and have dropped large sums directly on candidates:

NV-3 Joe Heck (R) Oppose $140,000.00

NV-3 Dina Titus (D) Support $344,984.00

NV-Senate Sharron E. Angle (R) Oppose $225,000.00

how in the hell can you have a fair election when the Union
designated to oversee it funds only one candidate?
which happens to be the incumbent Harry Reid.

Voter Fraud !!!!!

There needs to be an investigation into this
and since the House is in GOP hands,
I hope they do.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

my biggest disappointment in the 2010 election:

reid won he obviously cheated
boxer won
leahy won
dodd won fanny and freddy debacle
frank won fanny and freddy debacle

with the massive red tide last nite i am confused how they didn't carry the senate they cleaned house in most respects.

i do suspect massive voter fraud.
edit on 3-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

These Suspect Vote results in certain races last night wiil be scrutinized by many in this Country . If any form of fraud was truely perpitrated , I just do not see how it will not be Reveiled and Challenged in a Court of Law Free from outside Political Influences . Call me Nieve , but I still Believe that Justice wiil be served to those who Demand it . ....Stay Tuned.....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
These Suspect Vote results in certain races last night will be scrutinized by many in this Country . If any form of fraud was truly perpetrated , I just do not see how it will not be Revealed and Challenged in a Court of Law Free from outside Political Influences . Call me Naive , but I still Believe that Justice will be served to those who Demand it . ....Stay Tuned.....

that my friend is gonna be my next project.
I am gonna be investigating this to it's
greatest potential and post a future
thread of my results. My ATS spidey
senses are flashing big red warning
lights. Let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My biggest disappointment is that most everyone played the game once again after being down this road several times before. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Its like flipping a quarter expecting it to change into a half-dollar and even if it did it would still have a heads or tails on it.

Another disappointment is most everyone will continue to play this game until we are all destroyed.
Cant wait to see what happens in 2012 when you do the same thing again and expect different results and begin the cycle once again.

Solution you ask?

I dont think it has gotten bad enough for you yet to exercise that solution. Matter fact I know it hasn't.
Boiling frogs generally die no matter what.
edit on 3-11-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
and more dirt comes out about this election:

Andy Stern former President of SEIU is under investigation
by the FBI for fraud and corruption.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And Stern was the White House's most frequented visitor in the
past year to see Obama and retorts himself on one of Obama's
councils.

And the rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper.
This vote fraud may lead all the way to Obama
and the Democratic Party.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Stern left his post two years before the end of his term, saying he wanted to focus more on his personal life. He remains a member of President Barack Obama's deficit commission and a highly influential figure in the White House, where he was one of the most frequent visitors last year. He is also a research fellow at Georgetown University and a paid consultant for the SEIU.

apnews.myway.com...

One person who spoke to federal agents twice, in May and June, said they asked about a 2006 contract in which Stern received a $175,000 advance from Simon & Schuster to write the book "A Country That Works." The SEIU and its locals bought thousands of copies of the book after it was published. The union also paid thousands to fact-check and promote the book, but Stern pocketed the advance.

Ringuette said the SEIU's executive board fully vetted and approved the project. The board told local unions that purchasing Stern's book "is a truly voluntary decision on the part of those who make it, and no adverse impact will result for anyone or any entity who refrains from purchasing or promoting the book," according to documents obtained by the AP. The board also instructed locals to make sure any book purchases were authorized by the local's constitution and bylaws.

Ringuette said the Simon & Schuster contract "did not require the purchase of a single book by SEIU." Stern also received no royalties from book sales to the union.

Federal officials are also asking questions about how Stern and union officials approved payments to Alejandro Stephens, former president of the SEIU local that represents Los Angeles County government workers, according to the people who were interviewed.

The FBI has been investigating Stephens for more than a year. Earlier this month, he was sentenced in federal court this month to four months in jail and three months' home confinement after pleading guilty to stealing $52,000 from a voter outreach program.

Stern has not been linked to any of the charges resulting in Stephens' guilty plea. But federal agents are seeking details about the time in 2007 when Stephens' local was merged into a larger SEIU local and he lost his post as president. The SEIU offered Stephens a generous severance package and a new job as a $75,000-a-year consultant to the SEIU California State Council.

Ringuette said the union arranged for Stephens to perform consulting work for the council and agreed to reimburse the council for his annual salary. But she said the union later discovered Stephens wasn't actually doing any work.

Federal law prohibits labor unions from creating what amounts to "no-show" jobs that pay someone for work they do not perform.

hmmmm,
getting paid for a no-show job
and a $175,000 advance for writing a book
merging local unions into one entity so he could be president
of the union and control it's function

sounds like union kickbacks to me !!!!

and meetings with the White House

hmmmm

I smell a scandal

I hope the FBI are reading,
there is evidence here
to warrant an investigation
of voter fraud related to union
kickbacks.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Whine, whine, whine. You just cant accept that the people came together and voted for the RIGHT person for the job.

You folks just cannot accept that, so here comes the excuses and tears, sniffle, sniffle. Bad sports.

And we will see NO Republican majority, house, senate, or ANYWHERE in politics come the next time around.

The republicans have NO plans whatsoever other than MORE WAR, MORE WAR SPENDING, and MORE GIVING to the wealthy while they claim it will trickle down. Study history, they are going to HORDE all of it away, it will NOT trickle down nor bring any jobs. Many will move OVERSEAS ANYWAYS with the Republicans BLESSINGS.

Those who voted RED are TRULY UN-AMERICAN.

It wont happen next time, TRUST ME!!! Americans are going to see just what kinds of BUMS the republicans are now.

POPCORN TIME come Jan 3rd for me, but for the lesser fortunate middle-class will come HARDSHIP and more STRUGGLE for less wages, rights and jobs!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it while you can republican backers. You have selected the worser of the two evils for our country and our economy.
edit on 3-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

FBI Raids Home of Chicago SEIU Leader in International Terrorism Sweep

One might think it would be big news that a Chief Steward for a Local chapter of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is being investigated by the FBI for possible connection to overseas terror networks. Apparently, though, several Chicago news outlets didn’t see a reason to add this little fact to their stories. And even if it wasn’t big news that the FBI is investigating a union member, one would think that his profession would at least make an appearance somewhere in properly formulated coverage of the story… right?

Over the weekend the FBI announced that it was investigating Joseph Iosbaker for possible connections to overseas terror groups. Iosbaker and his wife Stephanie Weiner, both anti-war activists, are suspected of activities “concerning the material support of terrorism.”

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

UPDATE — Gateway Pundit makes a huge catch. Looks like the FBI recently also raided the home of an SEIU leader for possible connections to overseas terrorist groups:

Over the weekend the FBI announced that it was investigating Joseph Iosbaker for possible connections to overseas terror groups. Iosbaker and his wife Stephanie Weiner, both anti-war activists, are suspected of activities “concerning the material support of terrorism.”

The Chicago news has been all over the demonstrations that left-wing groups have mounted in Chicago to protest the FBI’s investigation of the anti-war activists. These stories are filled with all sorts of facts, dates and names. But in a significant handful of stories one little fact seems to have escaped the notice of these hardnosed journalists. Iosbaker is an SEIU union member. And not just a rank and file member but an official.

According to the SEIU Local 73 website, Iosbaker is listed as the Local 73 Chief Steward. Iosbaker was also quite active earlier in the year protesting the closing of the Republic Windows & Doors factory that made the national news. Iosbaker was then listed as an executive board member of the SEIU.

www.washingtonexaminer.com... z14Fo6TJiT

oh my, now we have a Union who is tied to the White House and Union Kickbacks
AND links to terrorism. And they CONTROL THE VOTING MACHINES of US
Elections !!!!

This is a major criminal scandal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join