It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exports does the US offer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Chicken, microprocessors, semiconductors, mortgage derivatives, Oranges... Ummm.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Chicken is world wide, China sells Cat in their markets which offers much more meat value for your money.
Micro-chip , Micro-processor or any "printed circuit board" manufacturing has long left North American soil.
edit on 1-11-2010 by helltick because: added content

edit on 1-11-2010 by helltick because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2010 by helltick because: Cuz this board does not understand a backward slash...ffs!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Most of the Central Processing Units are still made in the U.S.

Integrated Circuits, Circuit Boards, and components there-of are most often made elsewhere however.

Many of the designs for these products are produced in the U.S., thus the intellectual property is still American in many cases. Most widespread business software, operating systems and scientific software is written by U.S. companies as well.

We still have the edge, overall, in invention and innovation we just ship many of the actual physical functions required to bring these intellectual visions to life, off to other nations where people are willing to work for less money.

Obviously to increase profits so shareholders are happy... at the expense of American workers.

We are losing ground in every aspect though. When we ship these high tech jobs off, we encourage others to pursue the educations. We encourage them to do the innovation. We encourage ourselves to do less to stay at the forefront because our opportunities are being sold to lowest contractor.

Soon we'll be the leaders in writing pointless applications for the latest Taiwanese designed and Chinese built cell phone, and that's it...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by PayMeh

To be honest I have a brother in law that works for Tropicana in Fla. and you would be surprised at what he told me. Tropicana imports a lot of the oranges they use for orange juice from South America. Brazil is where they get the most from and that is because they get them for such a cheap price they are making it tough for the orange farmers to keep up. That is why so many of them are selling their lands for development. That is truly sad to say the least. I am pretty sure we import more than we export anymore.

I live right by the plant and have a friend that works there as well. They come in to the plant by the rail full. I am pretty sure I have heard the same thing you stated. Stops traffic at the worst possible times as well.
That is assuming he works for the one by Sarasota, but I do not believe there are others as big as this operation.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry...
I had no idea cpu's were still made in the US.
Intel hasn't sold out yet?

edit on 1-11-2010 by helltick because: no reason

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by helltick

Oh, they are working on it, they have opened a slew of new Fabs in Taiwan and other Asia locations. The facilities are extremely expensive though and so it is a bit of a drawn out process. The processes required are actually quite demanding. Clean rooms that make NASA and JPL's look like pig sties and complex machinery to fabricate on nanometer scales with high precision. Plus they retool quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Here in the USA, we're fantastic at buying crap we don't need and throwing away the packaging!

The Number One U.S. Export To China: Waste Paper and Scrap Metal

www.lewrockwell.com...
edit on 11/2/10 by Angry Danish because: because because! I can!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The mercenaries from the USA are just wonderful.

I don't think anyone else can provide the world with mercenaries which are as capable as ours are.

*Then there is the Constitution and Bill of Rights. The world should be happy they exist as they apply to everyone, not just Americans.

(Too bad so many ignore them though)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hope.
Morals
Courage
Good ol 'know how
Technological advancement

... so long as their hearts in the right place.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why, we export Democracy!

That's rat, Joe-Bob! We export 100% pure, kick-ass American democracy to countries that may or may not welcome it. Screw them, we're the good 'ol US of A!

Oh, say can you see, this country of mine......../sarcasm

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Morals? Ha!
Courage? Yeah right!

Can I get a "Hell Yeah America!"?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
America's greatest export?

Thats easy:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

They haven't given up on the USA. www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You have to be kidding me... USA has more export power then most, we also happen to have people that think we grew to big and are now dropping us to our knees.

natural resource such as wood, coal, gold, oil (though they are not being produces like a rabit animal some countries decide to do)

refining ability for fuels, oils. Trust me after being in Europe you can even smell the difference in fuels and see the bill of auto repair from what that extra additive crap causes to your engines.

tax paying dollars to support all these other countries, TO INCLUDE Europe where we just dumped a trillion into their bailout.

Technologies- medicine, production, engineering, military

Education - all schools, why do you think ther eis such a high percentage of visas jsut for this.

give me a break, if USofA got their head out of their butts and started to become a exporter of goods instead of jobs/tax dollars we would easily trumph any growing economy, to include China and EASILY. There is so much good but there are so many countries envious, greedy, hungry for the power and corrupt people are now at the wheel, doom is in the near future, but with the land and resources available, that is a limited option without complete repression.

ask yourself, what does NOT have export capability and then you got a short list, this list is too long to even fathom.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

No you cant.
Im not American...

And like I said, when their hearts are in the right place, then yes. They export all the decent values a world leader should.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
You have to be kidding me... USA has more export power then most, we also happen to have people that think we grew to big and are now dropping us to our knees.

natural resource such as wood, coal, gold, oil (though they are not being produces like a rabit animal some countries decide to do)

refining ability for fuels, oils. Trust me after being in Europe you can even smell the difference in fuels and see the bill of auto repair from what that extra additive crap causes to your engines.

tax paying dollars to support all these other countries, TO INCLUDE Europe where we just dumped a trillion into their bailout.

Technologies- medicine, production, engineering, military

Education - all schools, why do you think ther eis such a high percentage of visas jsut for this.

give me a break, if USofA got their head out of their butts and started to become a exporter of goods instead of jobs/tax dollars we would easily trumph any growing economy, to include China and EASILY. There is so much good but there are so many countries envious, greedy, hungry for the power and corrupt people are now at the wheel, doom is in the near future, but with the land and resources available, that is a limited option without complete repression.

ask yourself, what does NOT have export capability and then you got a short list, this list is too long to even fathom.

I'm not so sure any of those you've mentioned here is going to offset our deficit when our major export, the US Dollar, takes a nose dive next week.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join