It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9 Most Shocking Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out to be True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The Dreyfus Affair: In the late 1800s in France, Jewish artillery officer Alfred Dreyfus was wrongfully convicted of treason based on false government documents, and sentenced to life in prison. The French government did attempt to cover this up, but Dreyfus was eventually pardoned after the affair was made public (an act that is credited to writer Émile Zola).

The Mafia: This secret crime society was virtually unknown until the 1960s, when member Joe Valachi first revealed the society's secrets to law enforcement officials.

MK-ULTRA: In the 1950s to the 1970s, the CIA ran a mind-control project aimed at finding a "truth serum" to use on communist spies. Test subjects were given '___' and other drugs, often without consent, and some were tortured. At least one man, civilian biochemist Frank Olson, who was working for the government, died as a result of the experiments. The project was finally exposed after investigations by the Rockefeller Commission.

Operation Mockingbird: Also in the 1950s to '70s, the CIA paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets like Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS and others) to publish CIA propaganda. The CIA also reportedly funded at least one movie, the animated "Animal Farm," by George Orwell. The Church Committee finally exposed the activities in 1975.

Watergate: Republican officials spied on the Democratic National Headquarters from the Watergate Hotel in 1972. While conspiracy theories suggested underhanded dealings were taking place, it wasn't until 1974 that White House tape recordings linked President Nixon to the break-in and forced him to resign.

The Tuskegee Syphilis Study: The United States Public Health Service carried out this clinical study on 400 poor, African-American men with syphilis from 1932 to 1972. During the study the men were given false and sometimes dangerous treatments, and adequate treatment was intentionally withheld so the agency could learn more about the disease. While the study was initially supposed to last just six months, it continued for 40 years. Close to 200 of the men died from syphilis or related complications by the end of the study.

Operation Northwoods conspiracy

Operation Northwoods: In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power. The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership, then kept secret for nearly 40 years.

The Iran-Contra Affair: In 1985 and '86, the White House authorized government officials to secretly trade weapons with the Israeli government in exchange for the release of U.S. hostages in Iran. The plot was uncovered by Congress in 1987.

1990 Testimony of Nayirah: A 15-year-old girl named "Nayirah" testified before the U.S. Congress that she had seen Iraqi soldiers pulling Kuwaiti babies from incubators, causing them to die. The testimony helped gain major public support for the 1991 Gulf War, but -- despite protests that the dispute of this story was itself a conspiracy theory -- it was later discovered that the testimony was false. It was actually the creation of public relations firm Hill & Knowlton for the purpose of promoting the Gulf War.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Operation Mockingbird: Also in the 1950s to '70s, the CIA paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets like Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS and others) to publish CIA propaganda. The CIA also reportedly funded at least one movie, the animated "Animal Farm," by George Orwell. The Church Committee finally exposed the activities in 1975.

Wow.

Thank you for the info about "animal farm".
It's one of the most surprising and interesting things I have ever found out on this forum, and judging by a quick google search it seems to be true

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Err.... not to derail the thread or anything but wasn't Animal Farm about the Russian Revolution?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
33 theories here, with videos...

www.newworldorderreport.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Great stuff CanadianDream420

Thank you... I will have a think and see if i can add any more to your list... however, i am in work at the moment and on a short break.

Maybe when i get home tonight... thanks again... S+F

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Thankyou CanadianDream420 for bringing this up, very interesting read especially the ones I didn't know about. It's because of this thread and others like it, that more people will be aware of the actual truths and not speculating on half truths.

The Dreyfus Affair: In the late 1800s in France, Jewish artillery officer Alfred Dreyfus was wrongfully convicted of treason based on false government documents, and sentenced to life in prison. The French government did attempt to cover this up, but Dreyfus was eventually pardoned after the affair was made public (an act that is credited to writer Émile Zola).

Didn't know this first one...wrongfully convicted...we haven't moved on much have we, 200 years and still making the same mistakes.

Didn't know this one...if the big-name media outlets were willing to accept bribes to print propaganda back then, who's to say It's not still happening now? Just my 2 cents worth...

edit on 1/11/10 by UnderstandingWisdom because: More Details

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

you didn't add the link to the article?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
reply to post by davespanners

Err.... not to derail the thread or anything but wasn't Animal Farm about the Russian Revolution?

George Orwell's book was not the issue of the conspiracy.... the issue was that the CIA recognized that popular animation media (cartoon format) could spread the message that the "Reds" and communism was evil.

The actual novel is about the corruption of the revolution by its leaders and how the normal weaknesses of people ruin any possibility of a Utopian society to be established.

Eventually someone is always "more equal" than the rest.... and it's usually the leaders and their associates.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
CHEMTRAILS?
Anyone?
Should that be like #1 on the list?
I mean, we here on ATS found the GOVERNMENT Chemtrail patent right?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Damn, did not know about the CIA own movie.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
that's really strange that investigations from the rockefeller committee exposed MKULTRA. maybe that was just a PR move because rockefeller was funding it?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

No, the title here is about conspiracy theories that "Turned Out to be True".

CHEMTRAILS?
Anyone?
I mean, we here on ATS found the GOVERNMENT Chemtrail patent right?

NO, "we" here on ATS didn't find any "government chemtrail patents".

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
that's really strange that investigations from the rockefeller committee exposed MKULTRA. maybe that was just a PR move because rockefeller was funding it?

Electronic mind control is very real, and mkultra i think just touched the surface, and never dealt with horrific electronic tools they have.

So in a way maybe bringing out mkultra his the really horrific stuff, that is electronic mind control.

Mkultra mainly dealt with drugging and hypnosis and all that, and brain washing. No hitech secrets where revealed.

Electronic mind control is very real today and used all the time, and its probably not as brutal as it once was, but its still horrific that evil scum use this stuff, and the media has no words to say about it.
edit on 11/1/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

1990 Testimony of Nayirah: A 15-year-old girl named "Nayirah" testified before the U.S. Congress that she had seen Iraqi soldiers pulling Kuwaiti babies from incubators, causing them to die. . .

Hi CanadianDream420

On a patallele subject, here is how I used the # 9:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I know there are more shocking conspiracy stories that turned out to be true. Some of them are very hard to explain. I keep thinking about others.
1. Area 51 exists, or existed
2. The US started several wars with false flag attacks and fake documents.
3. Many anti-homosexuals turned out to be gay
4. Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq never existed.
More later

top topics

join