It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MPs accuse Google of deliberately collecting wi-fi data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

UK MPs accuse Google of deliberately collecting wi-fi data

www.bbc.co.uk

I find it hard to believe that a company with the creative genius and originality of Google could map the personal wi-fi details, computer passwords and e-mail addresses of millions of people across the world and not know what it was doing”

Robert Halfon
Conservative MP
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you combine Google Streetview with Googles capability to monitor all searches done by everyone worldwide, with Google picking up private wi-fi data, with Google cooperating with the NSA, with Google Maps, with Google this and Google that you really begin to wonder whether this is what Orwell predicted and why nobody really seems to care enough to resist it. I guess its difficult to resist because we all love and use Google every day...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATE: Google Admits its guilty

edit on 1-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i dont buy it... any info they would pick up via sidejacking, they'd likely have access to simply because they run a major email portal.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes very sneaky and quite sinister does anybody know which data exactly they captured and in what sort of quantities?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Still think google is run by american military agencies, which one who knows. I have said this for years.

You do not get that powerful, without someone backing you.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You may want to put this link in your OP me thinks

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 31-10-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Even some of their pictures broke the law in a spectacular fashion.

In a street-view photo of RM Poole there was a prominent sign saying “Prohibited place within the meaning of the Official Secrets Act. Loitering, photography, sketching forbidden.” Bloody morons.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
See what I mean...Google takes over the world and nobody cares. This thread never went beyond page 1. You have to hand it to Google, they've done really great in taking over.

Wanna bet some are afraid of publishing against them because they depend on Google Indexing for their Businesses?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
You may want to put this link in your OP me thinks

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 31-10-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

Oh wow...I edited the OP to include that.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How is it that a company such as Google can commit the biggest breach of data protection laws in the world, and absolutely nothing is done about it, yet a small company loses 5000 names and addresses and they are fined into oblivion?

Google HAVE to be a Government agency of some kind. Why is EVERYONE being so lenient? Fine them $10 Billion dollars - we could use the money!!!

edit on 1-11-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Do you suppose google started this way? Or has it been infiltrated?

top topics

join