It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like I am dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
For the past couple of months, I have now always got a feeling in me like I am dreaming and I have that feeling of waking up. You know in a dream, before you wake up, you get that sort of feeling your about to wake up; that is what I feel like in real life. I am not mentally insane, or have any psychological problems; it is just a weird feeling that comes over me. It feels overpowering sometimes. It does not affect my day to day life, but the feeling is always there. Has anyone at ATS experience this kind of phenomenon?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
elaborate on this sensation that your having a little more.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The sensation is the exact same feeling you have when you wake up from a dream. I can lucid dreams sometimes, and it is easy to just wake up for me. The feeling I get while waking up from a dream, I feel that sensation in real life. The sensation of waking up. I know it’s pretty cracked.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Many people are having these sensations these days, some will admit to it others are just ignoring the symptoms.

You are not alone, no worries.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I get that feeling alot in the past several months also. Its an erie feeling. Feeling like I might be dreaming while I'm in reality. Sometimes I feel like I could wake up any second. But then I just write it off and keep doing what I'm doing. My dreams have also started to become more vivid lately and I find myself becoming aware I'm dreaming alot more in my dreams than I used to. Although when I realize that everything begins to shake and I wake up immediately. No idea why I get this feeling lately, so I can't contribute much to the thread, but I do understand what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Hi Maddogkull,

I know what you mean. I keep feeling like things aren't like they should be, but it may just be me. I don't know if I need to 'wake up' or if everyone else does lol. Also, check out this thread. It may help you out.

A Strange Feeling As of Late

- Dredge

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You're not the only one. Just remember to wake up when its ends.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well, I'm not sure if I've ever had this feeling you describe in my awake life, but I know what you are talking about.

This may be a little off topic, but I feel it is relevant. Two nights ago I had an extremely awesome and vivid dream where I was fighting in a large melee with strange energy weapons and energy swords and killing many foes. Eventually I was overwhelmed by the enemies numbers and was captured. This was all in 1st person perspective. Then I'm bound and thrown before their leader, and he holds an energy pistol to my head. The view switches to 3rd person watching from the side, so I can see myself with the weapon at my head. I then get to watch as a large beam pierces straight through my skull, and I go back into the 1st person and feel the hole in my head, then try to make some words but they won't come out. I slowly fall backwards and am laying on the ground for about 10 seconds with some crazy #e going through my mind, then the world turns black and I am jolted back into reality and wake up.

It was a disturbing dream..

NEXUS

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It might be derealization, it's a side effect of anxiety that can make you feel sort of detached. I would check it out just in case. If I'm not mindful about what's going on around me, I can sometimes get the same feeling to.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maddogkull, good to see you around again, and glad you still have that funny avatar!

You may recall from some of my other postings, I consider myself on the rationalist end of the spectrum, and agnostic, and generally turned-off by "New Age" interpretations of the reality we experience.

The other thread mentioned above, started by truthseeker1984 seems to already be going down that popular New Age road. I'm sure there is something to be gleaned from everyone's experiences, but it seems to me that before we start imagining rather "strange" things, we should first consider things that are more ordinary.

Like, loss of sleep for example. This really hit me hard last year for perhaps the first time in my life, and there were times when I felt like those lines between sleep, and wakefulness were blurred. I found myself in a bit of a "twilight zone", sometimes wondering why I did this, or that, etc.

But fortunately, I mostly got past it through simple nutritional changes. In the West, we often put all kinds of things into our bodies that we "pay" for, especially as we get older. If we start experiencing changes, like sleeping less, then it can be due to "correctable" things.

Also, it may not have been a coincidence that my issues manifested around the time they did. As the days get shorter (like now), and we find that we are getting less and less sunshine, most of us suffer a severe decline in vitamin D. No, I wouldn't want to say this is "it", because things are usually more complicated than that, but it is a big one, especially for those of us who live in more Northern parts.

Not getting enough sleep is actually a major thing. Physical, and mental health can suffer, and the worst thing is that in such a state of mind, we are the last ones to figure out why.

To anyone experiencing anything "strange", I would first recommend ruling out this "big" issue, that doesn't seem to get enough attention these days.

Good luck to you!

JR

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
you know what I have been feeling alot of that lately!
it feels really weird and unpleasant I must say.
Just like now I do not feel awake,its as if I know that Im dreamin'
I do not know what this feeling is though,try to ignore it but its makin me awfully paranoid

top topics

join