It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Our food is threatened, we need to protect it" Not real food .__.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This isn't a big post, just an AD i saw while i was watching youtube.
It seems like a local ad, but if you watch it,
it pretty much shows junky garbage food which in my opinion is the cooperate food.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
this does look to be a tax on junk foods, however i oppose all NEW taxes outright, the government has plenty of our money already. control spending!!!! our government wastes so much of our money it's outrageous and insulting for them to ask for more.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Is it true you can not home grow any kind of food in the US?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nittin

not true...yet. there are laws on the docket that would move us in that direction.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nittin

No. I have several family members who have home gardens, and one of them lives right in the middle of town. They don't grow all their own food, but they eat what they grow and can some of it for later consumption. Not once have they ever had an issue with it aside from drought, flooding, or pests.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nittin

It will come to that though. In some places, you already have to have licenses for certain livestock. It all varies from state to state and depends on your zoning laws. Wild game on your own land is not yours, it's the states and therefore you have seasons/tags/licenses. It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to envision a day when they will start taxing/licensing small farms and gardens. Their reasoning will be to "assure the health of those who consume the items."

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

it's going on NOW. and you're right about the bs reason they give. watch the documentary FOOD INC. they've tried to shut down independent farners under that guise and the independents food and meat is way cleaner and healthier than the corporate farm's.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think people are finally waking up to the poisons of corporations and the food they try to get us all to eat - they are starting to lose too much revenue, so now they are trying to eradicate all alternative foods before too many people wake up and put them out of business.

The quicker they do it, the less people are awake, therefore less opposition. However I can't imagine it's going to be an easy fight - I don't think Whole Foods, Sunflower Market and Trader Joe's are going to go away without a fight; not to mention ALL the organic farmers that supply them their food.

They are big ass corporations too, and I think they will have something to say about making organic food illegal. Just pure insanity that anyone would promote passing a bill to make natural food illegal - essentially everything natural is being made illegal. Nature itself is damn near illegal.

We're approaching such a strange exploding point...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Yup. I remember a few years back hearing about them attacking Co-ops for that reason. I figured it was still going on even though the news was scant at best even when it did get released. Monsanto comes to mind. I had a few paragraphs following ranting about Monsanto, but I've worked myself up into a lather. Best for me to leave it alone and let people research it themselves.

new topics

top topics

join