It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of Omsk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarkron
reply to post by Skyfloating

From my understanding and research the name of Tara comes from the ancient Gaelic and not Hindu. Therefore the name is Irish in origin and probably stems from the Druidic reminants of Atlantis.

I linked to my Tara-thread in the OP. You can see that the word is used in ALL of these sources. Thats what makes it so interesting.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Well, in my mind, I can only come up with 3 possible reasons for the elongated skulls.

1) People were trying to imitate alien visitors who had such skull shapes.

2) Elongated skulls created a larger brain, and those people were smarter or had special mental talents.

3) Fashion, such as nose piercings or ear piercings.

You missed one possible reason. THe skulls unearthed are extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
The final Druid king was murdered by St Patrick at Lough Dearg County Donegal, it turned the lough red with his blood, that is why the lough is called Dearg; Dearg means Red in Gaelic. So much for St. Patrick being the Irish Patriot Saint! That's only a taster of the info I know, I find it ironic and annoying that my fellow Irish men hold Saint Patrick so highly. The man was a murderer and slaughtered many many Irish.

Just a taster of what you know eh? St. Patrick may have started the process of the conversion of Ireland, but it is only legend that it was completed in his lifetime. The idea that St. Patrick started as a lone missionary and ended up wantonly slaying pagans, even the "final Druid king" is rather absurd, yes?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Those skulls were not shaped. The cavity is larger than a human cavity and held a larger brain. When ever you shape a skull, it only changes the shape and not the size of the human brain. Those skulls had bigger cavities,
larger than human one's.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApachekid

Those skulls were not shaped. The cavity is larger than a human cavity and held a larger brain. When ever you shape a skull, it only changes the shape and not the size of the human brain. Those skulls had bigger cavities,
larger than human one's.

Thank you. My first "sense" was that they dont look "shaped" at all. Ive seen shaped.. Those look like real naturals

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I thought this was an interesting story about a supposed ancient map of the Urals engrained in rock.

s8int.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. It's fantastic ! Havent heard of something like this for a long time. It always make you want to know more, do some more reseach and connect what's in the history books and real and physical city ruins.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
2) Elongated skulls created a larger brain, and those people were smarter or had special mental talents.

You can't make a brain bigger by elongating a skull. The volume never changes no matter what and that's exactly one of the major problems people have with some of the elongated skulls found.

Some of these skulls actually have a bigger inner volume, meaning that the brain they use to carry around was in fact bigger than the expected human brain. Some people argue that this bigger skull volume and deformation are just the result of hydrocephali but fail to explain why they are so symmetrical.

I'm curious to know what effects such deformations could have on the pineal gland and brain functions in general.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It seems often that we hear about thrills of non-normal humans living among the human populace at many ancient cultures. Probably stories of such exist in almost any ancient culture that we found knowledge of its existance from studying whatever remarkable they have left behind. Another notable thrill is supposedly the council of elders in ancient Sparta, where a bunch of strange people dweled on mountain tops and their style of living was not conforming with the norm of the era. They played their part as seers in some kind of an oracle that the locals seems they grown to trust.

As in this case presented here, strange anomalies, unatural terrain and signs of history that seems it departs from normality we can glean some repeating patterns and similarities at least for the strangeness of the localities* these places exibit. If we take ancient myths of wars between Gods and humans as having even an ounce of truth in them, we should assume that indeed, sometime at our past collective history a strange mix of people, habits and situations emerged. A bunch that learned to coexist with one another, and even cooperate in common goals. It seems as a different model or several of them, in form, religion, technology, understanding of the world existed on earth at sometime, and this older one transitionaly decayed or was destroyed and its remainings mingled with the normal humans of the planet and sometimes their activities became common as they had accepted at most cases each others existanse and right for survival. as human population continued to develop and increase in size, technology and comfort started becoming the norm, we can say in a matter of speaking that humans learned to fend for themselves at every aspect of life. It would be only natural that oldest remnants of an older dieing civilization would be gradually dissapear in to oblivion, since nobody would have any use for them anymore.

I cannot tell if the wealth of information about the ancient strangeness abound all over our planet, if sometime uncovered, studied and researched would be to the benefit to a powerful few that would want new tricks and ideas in their arsenal in order to fool the modern man in order to present somehow a viable future solution to our also decaying civilization. Since on the one hand fascinating but hidden information is hinting its existanse and on the other hand we are aware of the existanse of the need of the few to govern and control people globally, it would be imperative that the common folk ought to deal with the collective past history first, in order to glean independent results before someone else beat us to it. If we agree that in our modern era the signs of the start of the dacay of our own civilization is happening we should indeed take heed.

* It would be strategically sound if in a time of unbalance and major upheaval someone would take refuge and construct his habitat and stage the remainings of his civilization in places where the natural environment would offer means for safety, like lots of places to hide subterranean, underwater, inside raised landmasses (mountains, hills etc) and any existing means present in the environment that would enhance any type of technology for transportation and self defense it would be sure that would have been exploited. Strange nature and geology present in an area might often prove to be a marker of other anomalies that seem they have been produced by some kind of intelligence.
edit on 31-10-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by woodwytch

I remember the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Very spooky.
Id say its about 1000 miles from Omsk. Not close. Well, for Russian Distances its close. But not really

Thanks for the reply ... as you say ... not close (unless you're a Russian).

It still surprises me how many genuinely weird things have happened there (like those mentioned) ... because of Russia's past they tend to get dismissed as 'Cold War' activity unfortunately.

No matter, I shall continue to read this because it's certainly new information to me.

Woody

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Seems theres alot of these elongated skulls popping up,very interesting read,thanks for the info

Someone made reference to the elongated skulls at the incan museum in cusco,peru.heres a link to a youtube video depicting them,hope it helps in someway.

Link~www.youtube.com...

Edit to add~an interesting read on some of the skulls found around the world~

Link~weirdsciences.net...

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
Some of these skulls actually have a bigger inner volume, meaning that the brain they use to carry around was in fact bigger than the expected human brain. Some people argue that this bigger skull volume and deformation are just the result of hydrocephali but fail to explain why they are so symmetrical.

In fact, the ones found in Omsk are so big that it is highly unlikely they were shaped at all. These are simply the skulls of beings we are not familiar with. Maybe Extraterrestrial.

They call for evidence but when evidence is forthcoming they try to make it fit into a view of the world that does not allow for any evidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

It still surprises me how many genuinely weird things have happened there (like those mentioned) ... because of Russia's past they tend to get dismissed as 'Cold War' activity unfortunately.

Russia is a BIG place. Much of Siberia is so remote and untouched that I predict more will be found there in the future.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

It would be strategically sound if in a time of unbalance and major upheaval someone would take refuge and construct his habitat and stage the remainings of his civilization in places where the natural environment would offer means for safety, like lots of places to hide subterranean, underwater, inside raised landmasses

I think its safe to say that some with movie have already built such facilities in hidden locations, just in case. We just dont know about them.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there Skyfloating ... long time no type ... I've always followed your threads right from the time I became a member on ATS (even if I don't contribute I always read) and you never disappoint.

The reason I'm posting this time is because of an interest I have in some of the weird phenomena that has occured in certain parts of Russia that tie-in with some of my personal theories concerning ancient civilizations around the world etc ... specifically the Dyatlov Incident (1959) ... and the now famous Metallic Spirals ... both specific to the Ural Mountains.

So my question is ... do you know how far away from the Urals this Omsk location is (as the crow flies) ... is it in the same region ?

This thread is fascinating in itself ... but for me (on a personal level) it would be even more so, if it was in the same area.

Either way I shall be following this ... I love that you always bring new material with a new approach to the table ... brilliant as always my friend.

Woody

I hope I can answer your question with the following map link:

Dyatlov to Omsk distance

It seems that they are about 500 miles apart, and interestingly almost at the same latitude. I hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Thanks Beebs for the nice video and thanks to Sky for this topic. I have always been fascinated with Russia and her people especially stuff regarding the paranormal. The Russian government officials seem to take the UFO phenomenon very seriously. S&F thanks so much!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that there is an interview at Project Camelot with a gentleman by the name of Valery Ulanov ( I may have spelled his last name wrong) but it will still be easy to find this interview in P.C.s archives. He talks about Tunguska and UFO's. I don't know how to post links yet.... but this mans interview should be easy to find.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40

It seems that they are about 500 miles apart, and interestingly almost at the same latitude. I hope that helps.

Wow...closer than I guessed. I was off by 500 miles. That makes it relevant to this thread afterall.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Seems that Russia is truly a hot spot in regards of UFO's, Ancient High-tech and the like. Keep in mind the so called Siberian Domes, the ancient Nano-spirals found and much more.

Could Russia be one of those locations on Earth similar to that of Sumer, Ancient India and the Rama-Empire and other rumoured Highly advanced Pre-civilisations of the past?

If so, were they all connected or were they separate civilisations of different eras? Some of them were however very obviously connected, such as Sumer, Egypt and Ireland.

Darn the ones responsible for keeping these things intentionally from the public knowledge.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheApachekid

larger than human one's.

yeah Like This

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37c7a497b5a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are some PDF's to do some Elongated Skulls Research.on the Subject . on this Website below

PaleoBabble

Your antidote to cyber-twaddle and misguided research about the ancient world.

michaelsheiser.com...

and this from Germany !
Elongated Skull, Germany (Coast to Coast)
www.coasttocoastam.com...

At a museum display in Tuchersfeld, Germany the inscription with the skull states that about 20 of these male and female skulls were found in the Franconia-Suisse area of Bavaria, Germany.

Hmm ok South America Russia Egypt Germany any Elongated skulls found in China's Pyramids

edit on 31-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join