It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of Omsk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sorry if I am straying but am posting a link to the origins of Aborigines headbinding. It is interesting that all cultures who practised it, apparently did so for the same reasons.

Hmmmmm.

en.academic.ru...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Its (in my most humble opinion) debatable whether skulls like this are from skull shaping or whether this is simply how these beings looked. But even if the skulls were shaped this way it was likely done to imitate what the "royals" and "gods" (read: Extraterrestrals) look like.

Hm, is that the reason why people and cultures all over the world are deforming their bodies?

What about the Ubangi, who pierce their lips with wooden discs, or the Kayan women, who prolong their necks with metal rings, also to resemble extraterrestials?

I'm open to the idea of extraterrestial visits here on Earth, I just wonder if you can make that connection based on something substantial, that's all.
edit on 30-10-2010 by Heliocentric because: They spoke no word. The visitor, the host, And the white chrysanthemum.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I remember reading of the elongated skulls in a book some people believe the natives binded there childrens skulls too look like the gods. I hope someone read that too

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

We dont know that maybe, ET's with pierced lips or elongated necks exist, just as we dont know for sure that some of them have elongated heads.
It is all a wonderful and debatable mystery dontcha think?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hello, I love your thread! I'm sure you probably know this, but just in case...

you can go to Google Translate and type in a web address and it will pull up the entire page translated. Maybe not a perfect translation, but enough to understand.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

From my understanding and research the name of Tara comes from the ancient Gaelic and not Hindu. Therefore the name is Irish in origin and probably stems from the Druidic reminants of Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

These Hindus are here because it is apparently the location of the lost ancient temple of the God Hanuman. According to very ancient tradition, Hanuman came about by mixing god-like beings with apes.

Most interesting. Apparently Stalin wanted to genetically splice human and ape DNA to create supersoldiers, but I'm sure he really had something more important in mind.

I've also heard a few stories about an ancient society around the India region that became so advanced that they even had superweapons and ended up destroying themselves (quite a common demise to ancient cultures, maybe we should take note). Maybe this is related.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The word Tara means King and Serpent in Irish mythology.

My dog was called Tara, she died last month [15 years old], she died from a cancer which was caused by an RFID chip between her shoulder blades.

Last year I visited the Hill of Tara to celebrate the Summer Solstice, I was the only one in the center of the ancient solar monument the whole way through until sunrise, my hands were freezing due to being on that ancient astronomical monument. Many people were there, I was the only one at the center, I never imagined that would happen, it did though.

The Hill of Tara was also known as the Hill of Kings, where the Druid Kings met to converse and do rituals etc. That would also give a clue as to why the word Tara also means Serpent; as Druids were demonized as serpents back then. The final Druid king was murdered by St Patrick at Lough Dearg County Donegal, it turned the lough red with his blood, that is why the lough is called Dearg; Dearg means Red in Gaelic. So much for St. Patrick being the Irish Patriot Saint! That's only a taster of the info I know, I find it ironic and annoying that my fellow Irish men hold Saint Patrick so highly. The man was a murderer and slaughtered many many Irish.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

A star for you the denv! I have learnt a lot about 'Tara' from your post and thats so cool.

Will take a look at other posts you have made and hopefully find out more about other names? Hopefully?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ui_Niall
did not some peoples of ancient meso/south America perform skull shaping? This also brings to mind Egyptian images that I have seen over the years of royal family members having elongated skulls as well. Hhmmm....

Its (in my most humble opinion) debatable whether skulls like this are from skull shaping or whether this is simply how these beings looked. But even if the skulls were shaped this way it was likely done to imitate what the "royals" and "gods" (read: Extraterrestrals) look like.

I always thought the same thing. But another thought also crossed my mind about the skull shaping. Is it possible that by artificially shaping ones skull like this, that certain parts of the brain over develop. I mean could these ancient people maybe have had certain abilities that we today could not fathom. Like superior memory, or mathematics skills and geo spatial skills that would allow them to design the pyramids and other structures in perfect harmony with a chain of stars, and the blocks to be so perfectly formed.

Im just saying that by altering the shape of ones skull and brain maybe certain capabilities are given, and of course other ones taken away.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Awesome thread - starred and flagged.

This is what ATS is all about! Well done, OP - Great information!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Very interesting about the word Tara. It's too bad about your dog. Its interesting that you stated that your dog got cancer from an RFID chip. Obviously another reason for not ever getting any RFID chips. Thanks for all of that knowledge.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
The word Tara means King and Serpent in Irish mythology.

In other mythologies I've also found references to: noble, supreme (great, greater, etc), star (or moon), enlightened, illuminated, eye.
It could also mean intelligent/wise and open-minded.
Deities related to that word are definetly on the church's naughty list.

Originally posted by the_denv
...I find it ironic and annoying that my fellow Irish men hold Saint Patrick so highly. The man was a murderer and slaughtered many many Irish.

The church has done a great job at brainwashing people.

edit on 31/10/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well, in my mind, I can only come up with 3 possible reasons for the elongated skulls.

1) People were trying to imitate alien visitors who had such skull shapes.

2) Elongated skulls created a larger brain, and those people were smarter or had special mental talents.

3) Fashion, such as nose piercings or ear piercings.

IMHO

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
man i cant wait to get my teeth into this subject. thanks sky floating for alerting the populace of ATS to this info. S&F. i wish there were wall to wall topics of this caliber on ATS. thanks for helping the cause. looking forward to more discussion on this topic.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Feel free to contact me via U2U if you think we can assist.

Best regards,

Thank you.

What does make it a little easier is that Google can translate websites somewhat.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
reply to post by Heliocentric

We dont know that maybe, ET's with pierced lips or elongated necks exist, just as we dont know for sure that some of them have elongated heads.

Exactly. There's a difference between saying that it's "likely", or saying that it is a possibility, a theory, etc.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I've also heard a few stories about an ancient society around the India region that became so advanced that they even had superweapons and ended up destroying themselves (quite a common demise to ancient cultures, maybe we should take note). Maybe this is related.

I believe you're referring to the Harappan civilization, and then tie it in with ancient Vedic texts, where something similar to atomic bombing seems to be described.

That civilization existed in the region between Pakistan and India, and belive me, if a Russian Archaeologist found connections between Omsk and the Harappa civilization, He would trumpet it all over the Russian media and we would all hear about it.

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
But another thought also crossed my mind about the skull shaping. Is it possible that by artificially shaping ones skull like this, that certain parts of the brain over develop. I mean could these ancient people maybe have had certain abilities that we today could not fathom. Like superior memory, or mathematics skills and geo spatial skills that would allow them to design the pyramids and other structures in perfect harmony with a chain of stars, and the blocks to be so perfectly formed.

Im just saying that by altering the shape of ones skull and brain maybe certain capabilities are given, and of course other ones taken away.

Just because the head is elongated doesn't mean that the brain cavity became larger, and therefore gave "them" a larger brain. But even if it was so, remember that a larger brain doesn't necessarily rhyme with smarter creature. Neanderthal man had a larger brain than Homo Sapiens, but somehow wasn't able to develop and use the same high-technological tools as we did, and eventually died out, probably at our hand.

So the follow-up question is of course; if these people became smarter than regular humans, how come they didn't take control and dominate this planet?

If so, how come you're not working on their cotton fields, or in their gold mines?
edit on 31-10-2010 by Heliocentric because: On a journey. Resting beneath the cherry blossoms, I feel myself to be in a Nõh play.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

I find it interesting that in every area where these skulls appear there is a strong alien belief or history.

Thats what made me change my opinion on these skulls too. There is also often some reference to Gods or Royal Lineage.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
Sorry if I am straying but am posting a link to the origins of Aborigines headbinding. It is interesting that all cultures who practised it, apparently did so for the same reasons.

Hmmmmm.

en.academic.ru...

Quoted from your source:

Usually it is a part of a cultural ritual, aimed at creating a skull shape which is aesthetically more pleasing or associated with desirable attributes such as intelligence. For example, in the Nahai-speaking area of Tomman Island and the south south-western Malalukan mainland opposite (Australia), a person with a finely elongated head is thought to be more intelligent, of higher status, and closer to the world of the spirits.

I figured it has something to do with imitating higher beings (spirit beings or extraterrestrials).

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

I'm open to the idea of extraterrestial visits here on Earth, I just wonder if you can make that connection based on something substantial, that's all.

Ive read a lot on the cultural beliefs of various tribes. If they tell me their skull shaping is connected to the Gods, I will take their word for it.
edit on 31-10-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join