It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Investigating Possible Bomb Threat at Philadelphia International Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Authorities Investigating Possible Bomb Threat at Philadelphia International Airport

www.foxnews.com

A crew member arriving on a UPS flight from Paris notified authorities of a suspicious package on board describing a potential radiological component...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/29/2010 by JacKatMtn because: fix link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is just breaking now!!This does not sound to good from what I hear on FOX news..Two different cities.Keep an eye on this one,hopefully there will be nothing to it!!
This is crazy..What the Hell is going on here!!Does anyone else have more info on this situation?What do you thinks going on here?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/29/2010 by JacKatMtn because: fix link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just heard it...It's all over my local news...I "believe" they mentioned, N.Y, Philly & N.J. Airports.....Searching UPS trucks for bombs. Did anyone hear London also??? I thought I did.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here is the link again
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is all thats being stated here in the UK at the minute.

BBC news link
edit on 29/10/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Unbelievable. I just called the boyfriend to tell him to turn on the news. I quickly understand no matter what we think of the media we are all interconnected and dependent on it in all it's forms of radio television and the internet...to deliver.
The media is our friend.

Now, how might this be used against us?
Somewhere on down the line?

Think about that while we think about this...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"UPS cargo flight from Yemen to Chicago was stopped in London and found to contain ink toner cartridge converted to bomb" - CNN via Twitter

www.suntimes.com...
edit on 29-10-2010 by Survivorman because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by Survivorman because: Updated Link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Survivorman

Really?????? Holy Sh*t!!
Thank you for the update!!! WOW!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What a coincidence,just before election time!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I found this article on MSNBC.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

PHILADELPHIA — A suspicious package was discovered aboard a UPS cargo flight from Yemen, CNN reported, triggering searches of other cargo flights, including several at Philadelphia and Newark airports. The report followed word Friday from the Transportation Security Administration that cargo flights that landed safely at Newark and Philadelphia airports were being searched after "reports of potentially suspicious items onboard."

Now this is troubling:

"A possible explosive device" was being sought, airport spokeswoman Victoria Lupica was quoted by the Philadelphia Inquirer as saying. But Fire Department spokesman Carl Grimes mentioned "a possible radiological incident."

Was the "bomb" supposed to go off mid-air over a city? Would it have any effect on population?

Also found this regarding the London connection.

A bomb fashioned out of a printer ink toner cartridge has been found on board a UPS cargo plane in London, bound for Chicago, according to a CNN report Friday morning. The plane had originated in Yemen.

Source

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sounds like they have reason to believe that they are possibly dealing with dirty bombs.

Watching the live feed of the Philly plane on fox... not a lot going on there.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is also a 'suspect package' at East Midlands Airport in Nottingham. It was discovered at 3.30am this morning then declared safe. It is now being re-examined 'as a precaution'. This is also within the Freight section either UPS or DHL from what I know about the airport. Possible links?

Source

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
[Update 11:38 a.m.] A bomb squad in New York City is responding to a report of a suspected explosive device inside a package aboard a UPS truck in Queens, the deputy police commissioner said Friday. Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne declined to say whether the discovery is connected to the incidents at the Newark and Philadelphia airports.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is a never ending thing no matter who is POTUS. It can't come at a more critical time with elections just 4 days away.

I'm just glad the authorities found it and stopped any potential disaster if these planes were indeed carrying a threatening device or material.

I was reading about it here. BREAKING: 3 UPS Planes Isolated Locally, 1 In England
edit on 29/10/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just heard them say on FOX,there is a plane they are checking out in Illinois as well

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
This is a never ending thing no matter who is POTUS. I can't come at a more critical time with elections just 4 days away.

I'm just glad the authorities found it and stopped any potential disaster if these planes were indeed carrying a threatening device or material.

I was reading about it here. BREAKING: 3 UPS Planes Isolated Locally, 1 In England

Ok now another in England, two international airports. The one in Birmingham is a UPS plane, A friend of mine who works at the airport has confirmed that it is the UPS section cordoned off at East Midlands.

This is developing fast. Rush hour here in the UK is just getting under way. Hopefully nothing has been missed :/

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, here I go. I will be the jerk that asks the question...

Can this be a false flag operation beginning?

I mean with the elections right around the proverbial corner....

edit on 29-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Could this be the attack everyone was expecting....
if so it seems to have been foiled and thats a good thing. Another victory for the civilized world

Now track it back and say hello with a few hellfire missiles!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I should wonder, about a false flag.

They have everyone alert now, paying attention to the news. If something BIG happens while everyone is paying close attention, that will really make me wonder.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Well, here I go. I will be the jerk that asks the question...

Can this be a false flag operation beginning?

I mean with the elections right around the proverbial corner....

Just for that I am putting you on iggy, just kidding, however I was wondering what may be in the works when the Obama caravan of 40 planes takes off to India.

indiatoday.intoday.in...

who's he taking ? all of congress?

edit on 113131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join