It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry

www.dailymail.co.uk

Mohammed has become the most popular name for newborn boys in Britain.
It shot up from third the previous year, overtaking Jack, which had topped the list for the past 14 years but was relegated to third spot.
Olivia topped the list for little girls for the second year in a row, behind Ruby and Chloe.
A total of 7,549 newborns were given 12 variations of the Islamic prophet Mohammed’s name last year, such as Muhammad and Mohammad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Muhammad. Mohammad. Muhammed. Mohamed. Mohamad. Muhamed. Mohammod. Mahamed. Muhamad. Mahammed. Mohmmed.

No wonder we have a hard time tracking down suspected terrorists. You go to question Mahamed and it turns out you're looking for Mohamed.

Let's see how many variants is in the English name George. George. Now let's see how many variants is in the
english name Richard. Richard.

And the Muslims say they have no intentions of taking over the UK. Well, they got parliament to change their immigration laws in favor of them.

I thought Mohammads name is suppose to be sacred in Islam. They're just giving it out like hard candy at Halloween.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Racist propaganda the 3rd.

I had no idea 3 people took the Daily Mail so seriously.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

The daily mail is suprisingly accurate most of the times...

At being said, it doesn't surprise me... Even in India they name their children after gods and goddesses...

edit on 28-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by March of the Fire Ants
Racist propaganda the 3rd.

I had no idea 3 people took the Daily Mail so seriously.

Islam is a race?

Mohammod is the name of a race?

Well I never......

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Double thread mate! And by the way its Oliver not Mohammed. Check www.thesun.co.uk

link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Mind telling us what is at that link?

I don't click on links i don't know ya dig?

link   
There is another thread concerning this drivel somewhere else, I suggest using the search button before you post a new thread. You can join your anti muslim buddies there.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Double thread mate! And by the way its Oliver not Mohammed. Check www.thesun.co.uk

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
There is another thread concerning this drivel somewhere else, I suggest using the search button before you post a new thread. You can join your anti muslim buddies there.

Wow are you touchy.... How is detailing the statistics of baby naming anti Muslim?

Wow...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Now let's see how many variants is in the

Firstly, Richard is German, not English.

Richard has 33 variant forms: Dick, Dickie, Dicky, Raechard, Ric, Ricard, Ricardo, Riccardo, Rich, Richardo, Richart, Richerd, Richie, Rick, Rickard, Rickert, Rickey, Ricki, Rickie, Ricky, Rico, Rikard, Riki, Rikki, Riocard, Ritchard, Ritcherd, Ritchie, Ritchy, Ritchyrd, Ritshard, Ritsherd and Ryszard.

www.thinkbabynames.com...

Just FYI...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I really do not care about the semantics of the word racism. This article has been discussed and it's accuracy is highly questionable. Not to mention that interpreting the popularity of the name as a measure of Islamification is to misunderstand statistics and ignore Muslim naming traditions, as explained by a real live muslim in the the first thread.

Ok so I was being a bit snarky and throwing around inaccurate generalizations, sue me

edit on 28-10-2010 by March of the Fire Ants because: yer mum

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
downloads.cbn.com...

Can people not see this kind of religious imperialism EXTREMELY dangerous?
This will create the ultimate divisions in society to the point were there will be A LOT of violence.
But lets not forget who has caused this, ah the good old saying of "divide and rule".
I don't care what anyone thinks, if you think about where this is heading, this will not end well.

btw this is aside from the actual topic, on topic I think the source is questionable, I find it very hard that this is the case. But I've always been of the opinion that the media use this kind of propaganda to create divisions in society.
edit on 28-10-2010 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Now let's see how many variants is in the

Firstly, Richard is German, not English.

Richard has 33 variant forms: Dick, Dickie, Dicky, Raechard, Ric, Ricard, Ricardo, Riccardo, Rich, Richardo, Richart, Richerd, Richie, Rick, Rickard, Rickert, Rickey, Ricki, Rickie, Ricky, Rico, Rikard, Riki, Rikki, Riocard, Ritchard, Ritcherd, Ritchie, Ritchy, Ritchyrd, Ritshard, Ritsherd and Ryszard.

www.thinkbabynames.com...

Just FYI...

Whoops my bad. Actually I knew this, a long time ago and forgot about it. My birthname is of German origin but I spell it like the English way. My memory is getting bad at times. I spend a lot of time watching British Television and Richard is a popular name.

And about the 33 variant forms, most of them are actually derivatives and spellings from languages other than English, er, uh German.

Thank you for pointing that out and correcting me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong, but is the article completely lacking any link to documentation, stats, research-papers or anything resembling evidence?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binoit316

So The Sun is a more accurate paper than the Dailymail?

Maybe the Huffington Post is a little bit more reliable.

Huffington Post

And as pointed out, there is another thread on this subject here, so I'll go join my anti-

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Mohammod is the name of a race?

Well I never......

Mohammed Sapiens.

Personally, I actually like old names.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
At being said, it doesn't surprise me... Even in India they name their children after gods and goddesses...

That is completely different, light years different in fact
In islam you cannot depict Mohammed's picture, so why his name can be given to people is a question
In Hinduism it's NOT the same issue at all.

Also in Islam the name is given for ultra-orthodox religious reasons, in India it's for cultural reasons.

I do not expect you to understand, just know that you don't understand.
Thx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join