It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust LIVE video feed or evidence again.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Okay Great:
So can we now agree to officially dispense with the ever present ABSOLUTE! UNDENIABLE PROOOF!!! threads ,Part of the reason I finally registered was the frustration of people taking an"original" image (i.e.: a representation of a scene as interpreted by the camera settings; lens resolution; sensor and mathematical processing sent to a file then sent your monitor which also interprets these numbers and adjusts them per your preferences.)Or real silver film/wet processing conversion to digital ( scanning) etc...
You can't blow images up to 150% and see detail that wasn't there to begin with.
I spent a few years in a military investigative tech support unit; we had to go into court to testify important photos we took were " a true and accurate representation of the actual scene". Photos have never been taken completely at face value and the ease of manipulating digital imagery has made the situation "worse"; It was a big area of concern upon the adoption of digital photo gear in our investigative detachments and "tech support" divisions. Photoshop "healing brush"tool does much the same thing with still images.Video is still images run at 25 to 60 or more fields/frames/second. the news here is "real time"video with barely perceptible artifacts.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Well the Gulf was were Obama took a swim...but did not let all the media film him. He tried to show everything is ok. Maybe they just erased the oil.

I know that sound ridiculous as they probably were not even in the gulf but everything we are to be shown now should be met with suspicion. I now will want to see multiple different sources before I can fully engage the significance.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darkdays4u

good point! how come there is no coverage of the clean up of the gulf spill? it's like the leak is plugged next issue the chilean miners. why?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

I can not give you a factual answer. But I am sure that the oil spill was quite possibly manufactured for a purpose of diverting attention.

This was magnified for the public. I am suspicious of the whole event.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Tell that to the 911 truth deniers that say "I saw those planes crash into the towers from my sofa!" LOL

Anything can be faked and fool most of the people but the truth always comes out eventually as it is now.

Nice post.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by archasama

This technology will turn the future generations (if not our own) into retards. Einstein already knew about this.

What a crazy world. This is frighteningly Orwellian.

The question is, how we as people allow such a thing?

edit on 28-10-2010 by RUSSO because: add

Seriously? How does live feed that doesn't show true image changes men into retards? I mean watching mass media news, stupid movies and "American Gladiators" all day would definitely change one into retard. This technology is not more danger than "photoshop" or "aftereffects". Immoral culture and society changes men into morons not some altered live feeds.

Yeah the world is crazy - didn't you see this before? My grandmother told me how she rode to town with a horse and there were no cars, there were no supermarkets just local market and few shops. Everything is changing you either change with the world or you become old conservative who wages war against evil technology.
Orwellian... ok maybe but it is Orwellian just because we allow for select few to control us. But it is not as bad for now - we don't get shot for drinking coffee or eating chocolate. Do we? Well if that day ever comes I will die with a hammer in my hand!

And again... Why do we allow such thing? Really? What do you propose? To go and kill all scientists? To destroy all laboratories and research centers?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have worked in the TV and video industry, and now work in a University where image editing and manipulation techniques are taught up to Masters Degree level (indeed, you can do a Phd here). I remember hearing in the industry of techniques like the one in OP's post over five years ago, so you can bet that the authorities have had these systems for years and have by now perfected their use.

In the immortal words of Jimi Hendix:

"Now, you can't believe everything you see and hear, can you?"

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Quite simply at once the scariest and coolest thing I've seen since George Bush couldn't open the door in China:

The implications of this are huge, it's probably been around for a decade.

Makes you wonder doesn't it.......

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Im gonna get abuse for saying this but it is possible it is fake, and he used adobe after effects.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
WOW. Truly Amazed and speechless. S + F. Never thought of technology like this ever!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther101
WOW. Truly Amazed and speechless. S + F. Never thought of technology like this ever!!!!

It is amazing how advanced things have gotten in the last 30 years. Invisibility must be up there somewhere. If it can be done on a real life feed i am sure someone somewhere is working on something far more serious.

We will just wait to see what comes next. I get the feeling a lot of things are being revealed of late.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I saw that one poster/member has said that this technology was being discussed or heard about 5 years ago at a university. I'd like to point out that to some degree this technology (to a degree) has been used for film/movie making for quite some time. In the recent past 6 years or so, that technology was being released for indy-film makers and the production 'prosumer' (although quite expensive).

Such programs as Monet, Mo-Key, etc. all had the same ability to eliminate the wiring jigs used to yank, propel or drop an actor from a 10 story building. Obviously, the viewer doesn't want to see these piano wires attached to their favorite actor/actress, so it's with the use of software technology that gives that seamless fall from the top of the building to the crash on the street.

Now granted this technology brought to light is being touted in the 'live-feed' world, but let me suggest this. Even segments beings presented as 'live', for the most part will have prerecorded "B-roll" included, which would give more than enough time for a fast rendering machine to 'alter' an image frame (or series of in 15-30 frames per second). Usually the 'anchor/reporter would be giving a summary of an event then the prerecorded footage would be included for the "LIVE" broadcast.

At one time a producer associate told me that if it (technology) get's released to the public, that it has already been road-tested in R&D for at least 6-10 years. And when you think about it, that makes sense, do we honestly believe that the PC speed we have available (publicly) was just manufactured recently, or had it been developed and tested years ago? Same holds true with software, a lot of it can't get released because of the necessary 'workhorse' computer power needed that only are generally available in industry and not the public. So one might ask, would the DOD, DOE, NSA fall into that category of having such equipment?
edit on 29-10-2010 by Wingz because: TYPOS

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

True. But every media -and system- has always been manipulated.

The heads-up is important - but this program should NOT surprise anyone. ...It's just a faster, easier shortcut to replace earlier, more cumbersome technologies.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
I just thought of something. Remember the super bowl mishap with janet jackson? It changed everything at that point. Now we have a delay on live feeds. Plenty of time to manipulate the scene. Even possibly a staged event.

You know what I find even more disturbing? That they found a flashed boobie enough reason to "censor" live-feeds, and thread on that variation of freedom of information from that moment on. Imagine what will happen if there's more at stake? Those in power (and most of them want to stay in power) will use any and every tool available to manipulate truth in such a way, that it keeps in line with their goals. They have no qualms whatsoever to distort and manipulate. If that don't work? Well, just by letting some crazies slam planes in buildings, and kill some people in the process, their goals can also be reached. Power. That's the nucleus of it all.

Slowly, but surely we are degrading in a high-tech version of soviet-Russia, or Korea..... not Fun!
edit on 10/29/2010 by diakrite because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

After the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, just about 100% of all "live" feeds are actually at least 5 seconds delayed. There is no such thing as "live" anymore, because the sensors must have a moment to save our pressure naive eyes and ears from such evilness as a breast or a 4 letter word.

So, your OP is fascinating and sounds entirely legit, and it is actually overkill, because they don't need to act in milliseconds, they can take a couple of full seconds and still have time to spare!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This has been achievable for years using Adobe After Effects, this is why I never trust ufo footage because it's so easy to fake these days.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Im gonna get abuse for saying this but it is possible it is fake, and he used adobe after effects.

VERY GOOD! A healthy dose of skepticism ( mixed with outside the box thinking)! Kudos my friend.

By the same token not everything is a conspiracy; Is it really worth some nefarious agencies time and money to manipulate your local 6:00 on the spot news crew feeds? Probably not. Though this is a conspiracy board so I would just keep it in the back of my mind when or if historic events happen and are televised:
(like E.t. has a beer with the pres...or Jersey shore idiots string three words together in a meaningful way ;or lindsey lohan remains sober for 45 minutes)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yes, of course we have had the ability to 'rub out' unwanted objects in shot for a long time- indeed, even at 'street level' we have had that type of image manipulation software for at least 15 years- as you point out, Adobe After Effects being just one example of an application with those abilities.

However, that is not the point- OP is pointing out that software is now becoming commercially available to allow the user to do this in almost real time (40 M secs), with the software itself doing most of the work 'on the fly'.
The possiblities for mis-use of this software in manipulating live footage ie the news- is obvious. In fact, I cant think of many reasons a TV company would want this software other than to 'adjust' live footage to show what they want to show, rather than what is actually there.

Interesting and worrying developments indeed.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite

You know what I find even more disturbing? That they found a flashed boobie enough reason to "censor" live-feeds, and thread on that variation of freedom of information from that moment on. Imagine what will happen if there's more at stake? Those in power (and most of them want to stay in power) will use any and every tool available to manipulate truth in such a way, that it keeps in line with their goals. They have no qualms whatsoever to distort and manipulate. If that don't work? Well, just by letting some crazies slam planes in buildings, and kill some people in the process, their goals can also be reached. Power. That's the nucleus of it all.

Slowly, but surely we are degrading in a high-tech version of soviet-Russia, or Korea..... not Fun!
edit on 10/29/2010 by diakrite because: typo

While I am on the fence about 9/11, your statement about those in power wanting to stay in power is very true. It has been this way through out history. And if anyone comes to oppose the ruling class, he or she is usually discredited publicly. If that doesn't work, then comes the daggers in the senate or the cross on the hill.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join