It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust LIVE video feed or evidence again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have never trusted video or live feeds,I guess my mis-trust has not been mis-placed.

This technology makes me trust what a lot of people present as truth less still.

Really makes one wonder if CCTV and other monitoring methods are really trustworthy as evidence in a court of law too.....

Hmmmm........

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So if it removes an object in real time, what does it replace it with? I'm really confused.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow I must say I am amazed by this, but at the same time I can see it back firing a bit. At one point in the video as the person is moving around it seems that if they leave that little circular area the object will become a bit more visible again. At least it seemed like that to me, another thing is that the outline of the object showed up a bit as well. Aside from those observations I must say something of this can be extremely dangerous..., but also could make for some interesting projects in the Arts.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
People, this explains a lot .
the fake war on terror,for instance?
or the BP disaster? who knows what has been done
with this tech? now live feeds
cannot be trusted.They will just erase reality
when it does not benefit them.
down the memory hole and forgotten.
Like it never happened.
....what did happen to all that oil?
media black out,erase the oil
....and presto ! oils all gone.
But its still there, just ask Kendra Arneson !

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The real question is this:

Why is this software even needed? What purpose does it serve? Sure it's cool as hell. It's a novel idea. Can anyone think of one use for this that is not nefarious? I understand having this technology for processing video. There are a few of my childhood vids I'd love to use this to remove my sister from.
Who, and for what reason, does one need this in real time application? Makes you wonder doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darkdays4u

Woo. S&F

...Want this program. Only for art making, of course.

I, personally, would NEVER attempt to manipulate information or other peoples' perceptions.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This has far reaching implications that are not so hard to comprehend.

This could of been around for a while doing its nasty business.

We can now understand that things can be made to appear and disappear at the say so of
whomever is dictating the shots.

This leaves us open to never really knowing if what is being reported is in fact the whole truth.

I am sure that online video will be changed because of this.

CCTV can now be manipulated. Was there two suspects or 4? Who will really know. Will this change what is
allowed in court?

Police who commit abuse and crimes against us will now be removed directly from our news and footage as if it never happened. China will love this type of tech and so will anyone who has their type of intentions towards their citizens.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And this technology can only lead to one thing: Tagging and tracking the entire planet.

If you can no longer trust CCTV as it can be manipulated from an outside source to include more objects or to remove objects altogether they will have to find another way of knowing what happened.

With the tagging and tracking method they can simply open up their system, use their program to see who's "RFID" tags were in the area at the time of "the event", then simply forwards the program to see where they went, or reverse it to see where they came from.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniToxic
And this technology can only lead to one thing: Tagging and tracking the entire planet.

If you can no longer trust CCTV as it can be manipulated from an outside source to include more objects or to remove objects altogether they will have to find another way of knowing what happened.

With the tagging and tracking method they can simply open up their system, use their program to see who's "RFID" tags were in the area at the time of "the event", then simply forwards the program to see where they went, or reverse it to see where they came from.

Yes, there are many different ways this type of tech can and will be abused.

Our kids are are growing up in a world I never would of wanted for anyone.

I wonder how many times this type of tech will be used with he term "Anti-Terror" attached in the near future.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by darkdays4u

Woo. S&F

...Want this program. Only for art making, of course.

I, personally, would NEVER attempt to manipulate information or other peoples' perceptions.

haha

Yes for making Art.

So do I, and I have zero artistic talent.

Unfortunately some people will be using this to get one over on others.

Could have some very serious consequences.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Thats what i was looking at. He didn't select the image in the mirror so therefore it staid in the shot. And did you notice if you get to close to the object it starts to uncloak. Pretty cool and very scary at the same time.

I suppose someone could use this technology to add things to live video feed as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I just thought of something. Remember the super bowl mishap with janet jackson? It changed everything at that point. Now we have a delay on live feeds. Plenty of time to manipulate the scene. Even possibly a staged event.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

Thats what i was looking at. He didn't select the image in the mirror so therefore it staid in the shot. And did you notice if you get to close to the object it starts to uncloak. Pretty cool and very scary at the same time.

I suppose someone could use this technology to add things to live video feed as well.

You sure can add images to live video as seen HERE.

Scary world we're living in....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
I just thought of something. Remember the super bowl mishap with janet jackson? It changed everything at that point. Now we have a delay on live feeds. Plenty of time to manipulate the scene. Even possibly a staged event.

I am not familiar with the super bowl mishap, however sports betting will certainly feel the impact of this someday.

Will anything on TV or on film ever be the same once this get into the mainstream.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If it can remove it must be able to insert. If it isn´t then it will be. And as numerous people have said, this technology probably isn´t all that "new" either. Maybe it is already being used on us..

Footage will be produced of crimes that never actually took place. Everyone in the neighborhood could have seen me go to the corner store this evening. Should a CCTV recording of me stealing from said store surface.. it´s probably a wrap

It looks cool though! An accomplishment fer sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Haha... So if you are saying to NEVER trust live feed then I must never trust into any filmed material. If we have such technology indeed to remove objects from live feeds that doesn't mean that everyone will be using it to deceive people. I mean are you saying that I shouldn't do anything that includes my privacy outdoors just because satellites are capable to take pictures of me? Guess what - they are not making pictures of all world at the same time, each second HD quality. Why would they? I think it's a little too paranoid.
I mean Stalin at his time removed people from pictures near him if they were traitors. So they had that technology. Does that made people never ever trust any picture?
Don't trust pictures.
Don't trust videos.
Don't trust live videos.
Then what should I trust just myself - maybe family member, some close friends? And maybe I should go to live in a cellar? And never speak with stranger, never look at pictures, never watch news? Never read newspapers?
Guess what... I do not have paranoia so I will try to trust in humanity.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I have never trusted video or live feeds...

Poor you. Seriously you have never trusted nor video nor live feed? So when there is concert that is raising funds for charity - you don't trust it. When there is any news positive or negative big or irrelevant you don't trust it. How is it possible not to trust any video material? Please enlighten me!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

This technology will turn the future generations (if not our own) into retards. Einstein already knew about this.

What a crazy world. This is frighteningly Orwellian.

The question is, how we as people allow such a thing?

edit on 28-10-2010 by RUSSO because: add

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkdays4u

Once the concept is available then only improvements are needed.

Best statement of ideas and the human race ever. We truly are becoming like the fictional race of the Borg. Someone shoots an idea into the ether, the net is the latest version, a worker who knows how to implement the idea puts it together. Then the improvements come from the rest of the race unless it is deemed to be useless...in which case it is then stripped of all useful parts, which are returned to the collective to be used in something else.

Regarding this tech and all other tech I believe that if you see it and you can see the government benefit to using it, then it has been around for a looong time and is only now being trickled out to us. I proved to myself that the government keeps us (the general public) years behind in the knowledge of where we truly are technically. I wish I could remember the book that I read when I was 13 so I could list it here. It was a book on how lasers worked. It was published in 1963. In it, it described a black box that would be available to the general consumer in 1964 that you could hook up to your television and produce 2d holograms in your living room.

I never saw that device until I was walking through six flags in 1990 and they had a table top game on display that produced 2d holograms on the surface and were saying that it was "new technology". So the government is the ultimate producer of diminished reality.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Einstein was indeed correct.

Stupidity breeds with us. People invent these things looking to make a name for themselves or at least a buck, but do they once consider the damage it can cause.

J Robert Oppenheimer regretted the work he did that contributed to the Atomic bomb.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join