It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust LIVE video feed or evidence again.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was looking onto a technology during my spare time and came across this. Diminished Reality. This shows that what we watch even when live can be manipulated.

We all have seen UFO's placed in pics and videos, seen the Planes crash into the Twin towers but now
there is a "REAL TIME" piece of software that can completely remove an object from a live feed.

This is how it works, short version:

The software uses a live video feed. After roughly selecting the object using a touch pad, the program reduces the quality of the frames coming from the camera. It then removes the object from the reduced quality version. Once this is done, it improves the quality of the result and blends it with the actual frame. This is then returned to the viewer in just 41ms. 41 ms is unbelievably quick. At that speed, the human brain doesn’t notice any delay. It is as if the object is not even there.

This technology could of been used in Live NEWS feeds removing UFO's, removing a missile fired at the Twin towers. Remove anything as it is fed direct to us on our TV's.

this piece of software was invented by Dr. Wolfgang Broll from the Department of Virtual Worlds and Digital Games at the Technische Universität in Ilmenau in Germany. He has aptly named it the Diminishing Reality System.

Watch the Video please. Ironic I am asking you to watch a video. yes I know.

Diminished Reality

The Youtube vid link will not link, so use the above direct link please. Sorry for any inconvenience

edit on 27-10-2010 by darkdays4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

I tried to watch the video.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

It refuses to be added?

I have included the link though

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It sounds nuts... so nuts that it's actuall plausible. Really wanna watch this video now

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

It is pretty sweet. In some shots you can tell where their is a lot of texture but if you are filming something up in the wild blue yonder then wow. It is impressive.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

I think this can be used in very inappropriate ways.

Or for fooling people from the truth?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkdays4u

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thank you.

I feel rather silly but I swear it did not work for me.

Ah well you saved the day!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Man. Do you suppose this can work up in Washington? Would love to see them all disappear!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Only on a live feed

However, during any press conference or live feed of anyone it can make them "disappear".

I could imagine that it has been used for certain things already.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That is amazing tech.
The implications are scary indeed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Alright. Pretty sweet. S & F!

2 questions though:

First off would this not require editing of the video? I don't see how it can be done 'on the fly.'

Secondly, would it be able to capture such fast moving objects? Let's say a tennis ball (replacement for a UFO in example) flying through the air quickly. Would this editing technique be able to track and stick with the ball, or is this editing only possible in one area of what the camera captures?

Also, this wouldn't be applicable to 9/11 since amateur video also didn't catch "missiles" or any of that jazz flying in... Just saying (know I'm going to probably get flamed)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

How It works:

The software uses a live video feed. After roughly selecting the object using a touch pad, the program reduces the quality of the frames coming from the camera. It then removes the object from the reduced quality version. Once this is done, it improves the quality of the result and blends it with the actual frame. This is then returned to the viewer in just 41ms. 41 ms is unbelievably quick. At that speed, the human brain doesn’t notice any delay. It is as if the object is not even there.

Im not sure if can be used on objects like moving tennis balls. I suspect if a computer was operating it then yes it could.

I imagine some government has perfected the use of this. Once the concept is available then only improvements are needed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Alright, but can it actually be implemented live and without editing?

P.S: In the bathroom example, you can see the object in the mirror even though you can't see it on the counter.
Too cool. Wonder how long this has been abused for.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Look, if we are seeing this technology on youtube, that means that "they" have had it for years! There is no telling how long they have worked to perfect it, and you can bet the version you see here is the "low-quality" version.

Wonder what they have already used it for?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Same with stills in CS5. Click on the Content Aware Fill video.

It is limited though to images with fairly little complexity.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

1.st It's Video Editing. But very fast and automated.

2. Yes, i'm sure it can be done on a tennis ball etc. Motion tracking (which is working alrdy very well) will help you achieve this. Note: The faster your processing unit ( Computer ) the better, faster is your result and the more complex and faster (to come back to the tennis ball) objects can be used. If i'm right this was done with an Ipad in the video. Now image having a high quality camera connected to a top high tech computer...

Scary stuff... (if maliciously used)
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

This Technology was just mere Speculation back in the 1990's when the Film Total Recall came out . In the Movie , using Digital Video Processing , Arnolds Face was Superimposed on another Persons Face on Film to incriminate him in a Crime . Guess we all have to pay a little more attention to the differences between Fact and Fiction from now on when it comes to the Presentation of Alledge " Video Evidence " , eh ?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Look, if we are seeing this technology on youtube, that means that "they" have had it for years! There is no telling how long they have worked to perfect it, and you can bet the version you see here is the "low-quality" version.

Wonder what they have already used it for?

Im with you there.

I bet they have used a more advance version of this somewhere for something.

We can all be duped.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You also have to consider too, that even "live" feeds have the mandated delay thanks to Mrs. Jackson's half time fiasco. Maybe that's when this technology became viable. A quick hand can grab an object and start to filter it before the delay makes it up to live. =P

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join