It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you feel if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
...the New World Order was established, and it was AWESOME!

GMO's end world hunger. Chemtrails end up cleaning our polluted atmosphere. Everyone has jobs, stuff is cheap, and language barriers disappear.

I'll note that I'm being completely theoretical, and no part of me actually believes this would happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"The world is a business, Mr. Beale, it has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company for whom all men will work to serve the common good, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused."

... sounds great

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Quoted from?

"NWO is fun trust me"

Get my drift?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
language barriers disappear.

I'll comment on this because it's my area and I know more about it than pollution or ecology.

Language, as a conceptual system, varies from individual to individual within a community, with the end result that most differences are minute at the interpersonal level in a given location. However, societal roles/subcultures and domains (church, school, work, etc.) lead to overlapping realities of language in just one person's mind as he or she navigates their social spaces on a daily basis.

Zooming out, we could know discuss dialectal differences, which are often dismissed as trivialities or stereotypes from folk-based, lay perspectives (such as "black people speak uneducatedly" or "ain't isn't in the dictionary" or "Pahk the Cah in Hahvahd Yahd" and so on), are actually quite intricate and include different syntax, semantics, morphology, lexicon and phonology (linguistic terms for different grammar, vocab and sounds, more or less).

Assuming travel conditions and population demographics of, let's say, before 1492, hypothetically a person could leave their village on the edge of one end of any continent and travel to the next nearest village, transmitting a message to a new person who will travel to the next nearest village, and so on and so forth almost like a huge game of telephone meets a very slow relay race. In most cases, the message would be easily transferred from one village to the next, though I doubt the message would maintain its original meaning (much like the game telephone). In most cases, it could easily skip a village or 4. However, if our first villager were to go to the exact opposite end of the continent we would be talking total communication breakdown.

This is what we call dialect continuum. Again, it's hypothetical and I'm stretching the idea for simplification and brevity's sake.

As far as a one-world language. Good luck with that. Any imposed language will breakdown over time. Need proof...Portuguese/Galician/Spanish/Leonese/Asturian/Catalan/Occitan/Provencal/French/Friulian/Romantsch/Italian/Neapolitan/Corsican/Venetian/Romanian are all mutually unintelligible in anything other than short utterances or mere words. What do they all have in common? An imperial language we call "Latin". It's not that these are all different languages that are based on Latin...they are Latin. Latin is considered a dead language, but that is not a correct assessment as it is very much alive in all those speakers above.

So, if a New World Order were to impose a single language, be it Mandarin, English, French, Esperanto, Arabic, or Pataxo-ha-ha-hae for that matter, it would only be a matter of time before that single language breaks down. "Breaking down" is a combination of various factors:

Substrate interference (the original language of the speech community) will affect the local version of the "imposed language" because you'll never totally force a speaker to forget his original language in whole, even if you succeed in wiping out their fluency, words, sounds, syntax (word order) preferences will all remain. Examples:

-the "r" sound and lack of a "z" sound in Chicano English of the Southwest who are not necessarily speakers of Spanish

-the absence of "is" in Black English in statements like "She crazy" or "He angry" owing to West African verbal adjectives (null copula in linguistics)

-the trill "double r" in Spanish and word for left "izquierda" as influences of the Basque people

-Explicit subject to subject pronoun relationships in languages spoken by decendents of the African diaspora, mirroring such patterns in West African languages such as Ewe. (Ex: Haitian Creole: Neg-sa li fou [That guy he crazy])

-Brazilian Portuguese's phrase-final negation also as a result of West African languages (exemplified by Ewe as well)

-"She's after cooking dinner" (meaning: She's just done it) in Hiberno-English (English spoken in Ireland) modeled after the Gaelic language syntax.

Superstrate (Colonizing languages) affected by the colonized:

-English "Long time no see" and "No can do" literal translations from Chinese

-Animal, plant and culturally-specific names of things from America and Asia become the natural way to say these things in the colonizer's language (Jaguar, tomato, chocolate, shampoo, rickshaw, teepee, pow-wow, etc ad nauseum)

Clipping - gym, lab, ed, cap(pucino), 'sup?, bro (taking part of a word to mean the whole word for brevity).

Portmanteaux - Spanglish, Half-Caff, brunch, spork (basically when you take part of one word and splice it with part of another - my mind is getting tired, so that should be enough examples)

Abbreviations/Acronyms - txt, lol, omg, imo, imho, wtf, CoIntelPro, C.O.C. (chain of custody), MRI, ATS, DNA, etc (saying "E" "T" "C" instead of "etcetera")

Individual sound change - Currently, English speakers in the Midwest, around the Great Lakes, are saying "bus" as though it were "boss", "boss" as though it were "bass" and so on. We call this the Great Lakes Vowel Shift and it is happening now, as we are on ATS, despite the internet, Hollywood, globalization, etc.

I could go on and on, but the historical record and contemporary examples show that no matter how hard any one person or group wants to impose a single language, it would eventually "erode" or "evolve" (pick your metaphor) into a series of different languages much like my anecdote above. What we call a dialect continuum or Sprachbund.

And for those of you who will poopoo what I say because of heightened technological advances, I would only say that while a Mountain may isolate groups to become genetically, culturally and linguistically different, so too can uniformity foster a strong need in humans to individualize themselves, stand out or otherwise take their own spin and idiosyncrasies on things.

CAVEAT: Orwell's New Speak was certainly a controlled language, and certainly the people of Oceania (through the propaganda of IngSoc) would have felt a need for group cohesion against common enemies (Eurasia and East Asia, namely), I would imagine that without this patriotic, propagandist impetus, even the highly controlled language would break down under the weight of self expression. And just the same, in the book the Prols spoke differently, using the language in a different manner. It would make sense that Orwell would have focused on this as a linguist himself. At any rate, New Speak is not really a good example of what would occur as it never really happened (though we may be seeing it now).

That's my take on the language of the New World Order

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Quoted from The Network. Old film about news companies, it's the boardroom scene to be precise

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nwo is here, but it will only be forced on people fact.

It will be forced on the whole world, and your be watching tv, and it will not be your choice. Give everyone a tv, and they will be ok, lol

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

I personally dont fear the NWO. The thing I remain cautious about is the signs related to a 1 world leader who is supposed to be the Antichrist. This is what I think bothers many when considering the NWO. Its automatically associated with the Antichrist and that scares people. I think its a good idea for Earth inhabitants to get along, if this was trully the agenda. But if there is some underlying agenda associated with it then I wouldnt like it. Because to me it is just a new and improved smoke screen to keep the many closeminded(sleep)..
edit on 10/28/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

NWO would be OK with me.
As long as the Son Of the Living God is the Head.
What a JOY

new topics

top topics

join